PDA

View Full Version : Producer's Letter: 20 Years of EverQuest

getsome
02-05-2019, 03:00 PM
We are aiming at two new progression servers with two approaches – one hardcore and one ultra-casual. Rules will be coming soon as we sort them out over the coming weeks with both new servers launching around the anniversary on March 16.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-anniversary-producers-letter-january-2019

Prostatus
02-05-2019, 03:10 PM
the real march madness

shuklak
02-05-2019, 04:00 PM
Been saving all my deybreak cash for this!

daxchunjae1912
02-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Does this mean they’re going to serve a cease and desist letter to stop running servers?

tycohunden
02-07-2019, 09:11 PM
Someone told me that EQ started sucking when they brought on female developers higher up in the company. I called them bigots of course, but seeing how this producer got on at 2003 I was struck with the realization that I called someone a bigot where I shouldn't have.
Anyone know more?

Kika Maslyaka
02-07-2019, 09:16 PM
http://www.gucomics.com/comics/2003/gu_20030407.jpg

rekreant
02-07-2019, 11:03 PM
Ill believe it when I see it. They barely made any changes from one TLP to the next, many bugs persist from build to build as well.

Foxplay
02-07-2019, 11:53 PM
It's daybreak who cares

They are a complete joke

jack_bev
02-08-2019, 01:18 AM
Someone told me that EQ started sucking when they brought on female developers higher up in the company. I called them bigots of course, but seeing how this producer got on at 2003 I was struck with the realization that I called someone a bigot where I shouldn't have.
Anyone know more?

“Bigotry”. Now that’s a great meme. They’re absolutely right though.

Swish2
02-08-2019, 03:40 AM
So many reasons to stick with P99 and not pull your wallet out for DeyBreak servers.

I Felt Nostalgic
02-08-2019, 03:46 AM
Windstalker is a piece of trash.

rekreant
02-08-2019, 03:27 PM
So many reasons to stick with P99 and not pull your wallet out for DeyBreak servers.

Unless you want to raid. Raiding on P99 is total shit and not fun at all. If you like being bat phoned in the middle of the night and parking a character at a raid boss and not being able to play it for days. There are reasons to play on each, and they each have different value I guess. I liked the TLPs I played, but it wasnt anything similar to the lvling process on p99.

Meiva
02-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Daybreak was dead to me the day EQNext was cancelled. I do respect them for not moving forward with a game that wasn't much fun. But then they killed Landmark also. It was a neat program to play with voxels. You would think they would keep at least one server on life support.

I didn't care for the direction EQNext was going, and it didn't feel like EQ to me. All of the social media, and live stream panels sucked me in though. I had some hope, and I was let down.

Secrets
02-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Windstalker is a piece of trash.

Holly Longdale is one of the nicest people I've met from SOE/Daybreak. Was very nice in person, & Tried VERY hard to cockblock Dave Georgeson from pushing p2w on EQ. Don't knock her until you know her.

Kanuvan
02-09-2019, 03:50 PM
as long as krono exists daybreak will always be trash

I Felt Nostalgic
02-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Holly Longdale is one of the nicest people I've met from SOE/Daybreak. Was very nice in person, & Tried VERY hard to cockblock Dave Georgeson from pushing p2w on EQ. Don't knock her until you know her.

Dave was one of the nicest people I ever met from SOE/Daybreak in person. Hell, everyone I met from the EQ team were really nice in person, including Holly. Just because someone is nice to you personally doesn't mean they are nice people though. I had the pleasure of having some drinks with a couple of EQ devs I won't name or give hints to their identities but they had some interesting tales of toxic femininity coming from Holly's side of the court.

radbeard
02-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Dave was one of the nicest people I ever met from SOE/Daybreak in person. Hell, everyone I met from the EQ team were really nice in person, including Holly. Just because someone is nice to you personally doesn't mean they are nice people though. I had the pleasure of having some drinks with a couple of EQ devs I won't name or give hints to their identities but they had some interesting tales of toxic femininity coming from Holly's side of the court.

lol. this is truly the dumbest conspiracy theory. I had double secret drinks with some guys and I can't tell you who they are but they said that Holly was mean to them!

Secrets
02-10-2019, 01:21 AM

I'd rather have toxic femininity rather than nosedive the game into a trash can.

I Felt Nostalgic
02-10-2019, 01:38 AM
I'd rather have toxic femininity rather than nosedive the game into a trash can.

One could argue they have the same result. Take the new Battlefield game for example.

rekreant
02-10-2019, 01:53 AM
I'd rather have toxic femininity rather than toxic femininity.

Fixed that for you.