PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pre Kunark Gear Only

hagglebaby
02-05-2019, 08:30 PM
I found this link to help gear my necro in strictly pre-kunark gear, but it says platinum fire wedding ring. I though all platinum was released as a material for JC in Kunark expansion. Basically I'm looking for the best possible JC HP ring for a necro that wasn't released during Kunark.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Planar_Gear

Molitoth
02-05-2019, 10:05 PM
Pretty sure platinum was around in classic.

Zabbix
02-05-2019, 11:04 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Special:ClassSlotEquip/Necromancer/Fingers/PreVelOnly

Sort by zone and ignore anything in Kunark.

d3r14k
02-06-2019, 12:18 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Special:ClassSlotEquip/Necromancer/Fingers/PreVelOnly

Sort by zone and ignore anything in Kunark.

But what about Kunark-era equipment that drops in classic zones that did not previously exist before Kunark? Surely there are a few intances of that, right?

Zabbix
02-06-2019, 12:21 AM
Search patch notes or do your own research. What you are asking is the exception rather than the rule.

hagglebaby
02-06-2019, 02:16 AM
That is good for dropped items but what about crafted jewelry?

What was the skill cap for JC in classic era EQ?

I could also probably buy the Kunark paperback strategy guide on eBay to see what all the new things were.

Jimjam
02-06-2019, 03:28 AM
I believe platinum was in classic, there was just an increase in skill cap that made it easier to craft.

The Temple of Sol Ro quests should be good for you. If I recall correctly they were implemented shortly before the Kunark release.

Watch out for items that were implemented as part of epic quests, I think some of those were added with Kunark.

You can see which order items were added to the game, and by that infer when they were added by looking at their unique ID. I think the wiki and Allakhazam/Lucy or Magelo are able to relate that info for you.

Good luck! I'm of the belief that Kunarj itemisation was rather over the top. Tarnished Shantok? What were they thinking?!

Diogene
02-06-2019, 06:19 AM
strictly pre-kunark gear [/URL]

Why would you do so ? Why not just classic gear ? Wtf with kunark nowadays?

isoka
02-06-2019, 07:31 AM
platinum stuff is classic.
However, black sapphire and blue diamond jewelry stuff were stat less at that time.
Hope it helps

Jlpstrtkng
02-06-2019, 08:20 AM
You classic only people floor me lol. You gonna stop playing when you hit level 50 too?

hagglebaby
02-06-2019, 02:20 PM
You classic only people floor me lol. You gonna stop playing when you hit level 50 too?

My main takeaway from this post is that there are more people like me out there.

If you can hear me! We can band together for our survival. You are not alone! Can you hear me?

Seriously though. I probably would try to accomplish as much classic content as I could at 50 and then go to Kunark. It’s a crazy idea but there are some people on the Internet these days that take an existing game and try to play it in a classic style for nostalgic purposes.

d3r14k
02-06-2019, 02:54 PM

We are all here reliving a moment in time.

Why should being more specific about the time frame seem so outlandish?

rekreant
02-06-2019, 03:46 PM
We are all here reliving a moment in time.

Why should being more specific about the time frame seem so outlandish?

Because the rest of the server is in Velious and youre living in Classic? Its like how everyones great grandfather was racist, but this is 2019 and the only race anyone hates is whites.

bigjeff100
02-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Because the rest of the server is in Velious and youre living in Classic? Its like how everyones great grandfather was racist, but this is 2019 and the only race anyone hates is whites.

I'm half japanese. My Japanese grandma doesn't care for Chinese people. Time and time again we tell her this isn't ok.. Even though she was held in an internment camp in Minidoka by white people.. She chooses to beef with the Chinese. Bless her.

rekreant
02-06-2019, 04:20 PM
I'm half japanese. My Japanese grandma doesn't care for Chinese people.

Well thats because the Chinese are terrible lol. Im talking in terms of America, where we value freedom and equal opportunity, not communism and equal outcome.

Kika Maslyaka
02-06-2019, 04:22 PM
Because the rest of the server is in Velious and youre living in Classic?

and difference between people obsessed with Vanilla vs people who obsessed with Velious is?

rekreant
02-06-2019, 04:24 PM
and difference between people obsessed with Vanilla vs people who obsessed with Velious is?

Nothing at all. Just saying youll get backlash because everyone else is past it. Many users spent YEARS in classic and welcomed kunark, and then velious.

Kika Maslyaka
02-06-2019, 04:28 PM
Well thats because the Chinese are terrible lol. Im talking in terms of America, where we value freedom and equal opportunity, not communism and equal outcome.

I was laughing very hard just now.

bigjeff100
02-06-2019, 04:37 PM

Ok 2019- ok to hate whites and chinese.. Got it!

Jeff- "Hey Grandmaaaaa, Rekreant says hating the Chinese is coo! Tell the Wang's next door they can F off!!!

rekreant
02-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Ok 2019- ok to hate whites and chinese.. Got it!

Jeff- "Hey Grandmaaaaa, Rekreant says hating the Chinese is coo! Tell the Wang's next door they can F off!!!

*Chinese IN China

bigjeff100
02-06-2019, 04:56 PM
*Chinese IN China

Jeff- "Psyche Grandma, come back. You can only hate the chinese in china.. Not the chinese in america. Our bad.. Sorry for the mix up Wang's!

hobart
02-06-2019, 05:08 PM
My main takeaway from this post is that there are more people like me out there.

If you can hear me! We can band together for our survival. You are not alone! Can you hear me?

Seriously though. I probably would try to accomplish as much classic content as I could at 50 and then go to Kunark. It’s a crazy idea but there are some people on the Internet these days that take an existing game and try to play it in a classic style for nostalgic purposes.

You should start a guild of like-minded folks. No twinking. No buying items, just use what you loot or can buy from vendors. No high-end buffs to level. Stick to classic zones (no iksar). Then just throw the entire premise away by joining an alliance of casual raiding guilds and let them carry you through content gearing you beyond your capabilities and thus undermining the entire point.

bigjeff100
02-06-2019, 05:12 PM
You should start a guild of like-minded folks. No twinking. No buying items, just use what you loot or can buy from vendors. No high-end buffs to level. Stick to classic zones (no iksar). Then just throw the entire premise away by joining an alliance of casual raiding guilds and let them carry you through content gearing you beyond your capabilities and thus undermining the entire point.

Ziiiiiiiing!

hagglebaby
02-06-2019, 05:23 PM

Ok so what was the JC cap pre-kunark