PDA

View Full Version : WTB Truespirit Faction Service

Isildur
02-05-2019, 09:58 PM
Level 38 ogre shaman with no epic line done. Looking for someone who has the resources and experience with grinding the gem/rez method to help me max faction. Message me!

Isildur
02-06-2019, 06:19 PM
Bump

loramin
02-06-2019, 07:19 PM
It might help if you say something like "WTB A Few Hours of Time From a 56+ Cleric (or Cleric with Epic)" instead. Not every cleric knows about Truespirit faction, but every cleric knows what level they are (or if they have an epic). And really you could get a Cleric of any level that can rez, you'll just lose a bit more XP from your first death.

Once you find one there's no real special knowledge needed. Just ...

have them sit next to that pirate in OOT that spawns the wolf spirit (I forget his name)
NOTE: This actually this works with any of the NPCs that spawns the spirit wolf, but OOT is the closest to Freeport
Bind yourself in North Freeport (near Bondl) and then catch a boat out to OOT
Get yourself killed (Seafuries are nearby to help with this) and get your Cleric to rez you back; this is the only rez where the XP % actually matters
Loot your corpse, but leave at least one item on it

Now you're all set, and you can just repeat the following:

Kill the pirate NPC, spawning the wolf spirit
Say the right words to him to get a tiny gem
Gate back to Freeport, next to Bondl (although he moves so you might have to go find him)
Give the gem to Bondl and get a faction bump
Get your Cleric to rez you again: you won't get XP back but it will bring you back to OOT
You might have to wait a few minutes for the pirate guy to respawn, but once he does you can repeat the whole thing over and over until you max your Truespirit faction

Hope that helps.

Isildur
02-06-2019, 07:20 PM
Thank you friend.

Plowyabeastlord
02-06-2019, 07:27 PM
There’s a way easier method. PM me for info

Qtip
02-06-2019, 07:58 PM
It might help if you say something like "WTB A Few Hours of Time From a 56+ Cleric (or Cleric with Epic)" instead. Not every cleric knows about Truespirit faction, but every cleric knows what level they are (or if they have an epic). And really you could get a Cleric of any level that can rez, you'll just lose a bit more XP from your first death.

Once you find one there's no real special knowledge needed. Just ...

have them sit next to that pirate in OOT that spawns the wolf spirit (I forget his name)
NOTE: This actually this works with any of the NPCs that spawns the spirit wolf, but OOT is the closest to Freeport
Bind yourself in North Freeport (near Bondl) and then catch a boat out to OOT
Get yourself killed (Seafuries are nearby to help with this) and get your Cleric to rez you back; this is the only rez where the XP % actually matters
Loot your corpse, but leave at least one item on it

Now you're all set, and you can just repeat the following:

Kill the pirate NPC, spawning the wolf spirit
Say the right words to him to get a tiny gem
Gate back to Freeport, next to Bondl (although he moves so you might have to go find him)
Give the gem to Bondl and get a faction bump
Get your Cleric to rez you again: you won't get XP back but it will bring you back to OOT
You might have to wait a few minutes for the pirate guy to respawn, but once he does you can repeat the whole thing over and over until you max your Truespirit faction

Hope that helps.

Dont use this method.

Use a druid and bind in freeport. Have druid bind there as well. Port to bb get gem and gate back. Druid gates back, you hand in. Rinse and repeat.

Negativ
02-06-2019, 08:05 PM
^

loramin
02-06-2019, 08:08 PM
Dont use this method.

Use a druid and bind in freeport. Have druid bind there as well. Port to bb get gem and gate back. Druid gates back, you hand in. Rinse and repeat.

If you're going to say "don't do X", you owe it to people to explain why they shouldn't do X.

The approach I described takes you directly next to the NPC, and requires the second person to only put in a tiny bit of effort (the Cleric literally has to do only a single click a few times per hour; they can watch TV or do whatever else the rest of the time). The approach you described takes you to the druid ring in BB, not next to the dwarf who spawns the spirit wolf, and it requires your helper to constantly port you around. The only advantage I could see to your approach is that maybe it's faster, but the NPC has a fixed respawn rate and the Cleric approach gets you back in time for that respawn, so there's no real advantage to being faster.

So, I'm not saying "my way" (which isn't even "my" way: I used other approaches to grind my faction, and I'm only repeating what has already been said many times in the forums) is better than "your way" ... but on the face of it I don't see what's better about your approach.

Qtip
02-06-2019, 08:17 PM
Well you dont have to take an exp death, you dont have to wait for a boat initially and you obviously would pull the dwarf to the BB rings and have the druid snare him there.

This method takes a little over an hour. Where you could be waiting 30 mins just for the boat. You also have to deal with AC farmers in OOT. So add another few hours to your method. Everything you said is wrong.

Isildur
02-06-2019, 08:25 PM
Well someone do this for me and I'll pay you 4k for your hour of time.

loramin
02-06-2019, 08:27 PM
So your approach saves a very small amount of XP (4% of a death, assuming you get a 96% rez) and saves some initial setup time if you have to wait for the boat. The approach I described is far, far easier on the helper. Your way requires a Druid, the way I described requires a Cleric. Both ways get you your faction equally fast, once you get setup (because again the limiting factor isn't transport speed it's NPC respawn speed).

Seems to me neither approach is wrong or right, they just have different advantages.

Qtip
02-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Well someone do this for me and I'll pay you 4k for your hour of time.

I had someone from dial a port help me. I think it took me 58 hand ins. Its been a while but after a couple turn ins, it went goes super quick.

Qtip
02-06-2019, 08:30 PM
So your approach saves a very small amount of XP (4% of a death, assuming you get a 96% rez) and saves some initial setup time if you have to wait for the boat. The approach I described is far, far easier on the helper. Your way requires a Druid, the way I described requires a Cleric. Both ways get you your faction equally fast, once you get setup (because again the limiting factor isn't transport speed it's NPC respawn speed).

Seems to me neither approach is wrong or right, they just have different advantages.

Your way will take hours. Take your L and update the wiki.

Boat ride, waiting to get in line for the AC camp to start the cycle, regening mana to gate back after each rez. I can go on and on. Just move along.