PDA

View Full Version : Mage pet casting...

Selene
02-07-2019, 12:53 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new to P99 (started about 2 months ago) and had a mage back in live (quit during the Velious era). I was wondering if people know whether the devs here intentionally lowered the mage pet spell casting rate? Because as a mage back in live I distinctly remember using the earth pet to cast a root as soon as I command it to attack something, and that would be the central part of my strategy as a mage as it was the only way to control an add or break a camp.

But I have timed my mage pets on this server and there are stretches of 30+ seconds or even more (once I went by an entire minute without a single spell by my earth pet!) where they won't even case their spell!! On Live every single pet would cast very frequently, to the point that some mages complained about it.

Anyone know why this bug isn't fixed, or is it intentional? I found the thread below and there is good data supporting my assertion, but as far as I know there hasn't been any action and this, more than anything else to me, totally weakens the class beyond measure. I am thinking of quitting altogether or just playing a boring necro (lol sorry)

Without the earth pet's roots, this class is severely restricted in its ability to deal with adds and also, to just plain nuke in a way that would be both fun (and imo how the class was originally designed) and effective to overcome the 50% exp penalty if outdamaged. Please please someone explain this!!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107938