PDA

View Full Version : Ench and Thex Mallet Quest

EQGOTM
02-11-2019, 03:27 AM
So, it appears that dark elf form and collaboration doesnt help with Thex Mallet quest givers any more after the patch. What gives?

Henlolizar
02-11-2019, 11:03 AM
If this is true that really fucking sucks. In my experience, Thex Mallet quest is a harmonious camp that doesn't disrupt Befallen whatsoever. I've never had a negative interaction or dispute while doing this camp, and have had a lot of fun C and hasting noobs and chatting with fellow Encs. As a casual, non-60 player with limited play time, this was a great source of cash for gear.

Para99
02-11-2019, 12:25 PM
If this is true that really fucking sucks. In my experience, Thex Mallet quest is a harmonious camp that doesn't disrupt Befallen whatsoever. I've never had a negative interaction or dispute while doing this camp, and have had a lot of fun C and hasting noobs and chatting with fellow Encs. As a casual, non-60 player with limited play time, this was a great source of cash for gear.

Make a lvl 1 DE SK or Necro and drop transfer the mallet, turn it in, drop transfer the reaper back. The back of Neriak 3rd gate is almost always empty with everyone in the zone at the cleric guild. There are a lot of buildings or the water to drop transfer in that no one ever goes into. It adds like 2-3 mins of minor inconvenience to each turn in, but that's all it is is a minor inconvenience. With the new loading times it probably wont even take a full 2-3 minutes.

Henlolizar
02-11-2019, 12:28 PM
I presume OP meant the initial note from Kizdean Gix is what's potentially nerfed here, not the final hand-in. Haven't been on yet to test so ignore if this isn;t the case.

EQGOTM
02-11-2019, 12:40 PM
There is always a workaround but the bigger question would be; whats the point of faction buff if its useless on quest givers.

Para99
02-11-2019, 12:41 PM
I doubt Collab isn't working to get Kizdean to indifferent but he's like lvl 20 just charm him and then say the phrase.

Erati
02-11-2019, 12:43 PM
charm him should work

(if not ask a Sk or necro to help spawn Cmdr)

Para99
02-11-2019, 12:59 PM
I just checked, OP is right Loveal is Apprehensive before and after Collab cast. Ghoul outside went from Warmly to Ally so Collab its self isn't broke.

Maybe Loveal had his faction changed. Apprehensive is 400 faction points and Collab is only 300. If Loveal was on the verge of Indifferently before the patch 300 points would be enough to get to Amiable. If he's on the verge of Dubious now, it makes sense why it wont move out of Apprehensive.

Puluin
02-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Reaper quest is not broken. As a 60 bard with DE mask + faction song I was able to do 3 reapers. The only issue I had was for some reason kiz had to be agroed, moved, mezed, clear agro ( via camp during me ) and then when I logged back in I was able to get him to respond to the note text.

Each time he would not respond with the note when I first ran up, had to agro and camp for him to respond.

*edit* without mask and song I am dubious to kiz, neriak, and loveal. Mask or song gets me apprehensive, both takes me to kindly.

EQGOTM
02-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Nothing was done on my end to effect my dark elf faction of any kind before the patch as I was traveling and wasnt able to play much. Unfortunately, I dont have details before the patch but everything worked like a charm. Here is what I'm seeing now though.

Agnostic
Erudite race - apprehensive to Kizdean

Dark Elf form - apprehensive to Kizdean
Casting Collaboration - apprehensive to Kizdean

I just dont understand why none of those tricks effecting my standing with him especially since I'm not kos.

Erati
02-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Nothing was done on my end to effect my dark elf faction of any kind before the patch as I was traveling and wasnt able to play much. Unfortunately, I dont have details before the patch but everything worked like a charm. Here is what I'm seeing now though.

Agnostic
Erudite race - apprehensive to Kizdean

Dark Elf form - apprehensive to Kizdean
Casting Collaboration - apprehensive to Kizdean

I just dont understand why none of those tricks effecting my standing with him especially since I'm not kos.

Just make a bot forever parked at Gix w the phrase hotkeyed with the purpose of generating a note walking it to Befallen and spawning the container dropper.

Para99
02-11-2019, 06:08 PM
Reaper quest is not broken. As a 60 bard with DE mask + faction song I was able to do 3 reapers. The only issue I had was for some reason kiz had to be agroed, moved, mezed, clear agro ( via camp during me ) and then when I logged back in I was able to get him to respond to the note text.

Each time he would not respond with the note when I first ran up, had to agro and camp for him to respond.

*edit* without mask and song I am dubious to kiz, neriak, and loveal. Mask or song gets me apprehensive, both takes me to kindly.

Are you talking about in the last 36 or so hours? Regardless, Cinda's Charismatic Carillon is 610 faction, Collab is only 300 faction.

My Enchanter has never taken a -The Dead hit and I've had +The Dead faction from doing the quest many times previously and as of today I still can't get over Apprehensive, OP is correct that something was changed. While OP is talking about Kizdean I didn't check him since he is so easy to charm I checked Loveal who obviously can't be charmed since he's yellow at 60.

Nevermind, just checked Kizdean. OP is right he was also changed, he doesn't have a pet now and faction wouldn't move from Apprehensive on him either.

Puluin
02-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Are you talking about in the last 36 or so hours? Regardless, Cinda's Charismatic Carillon is 610 faction, Collab is only 300 faction.

My Enchanter has never taken a -The Dead hit and I've had +The Dead faction from doing the quest many times previously and as of today I still can't get over Apprehensive, OP is correct that something was changed. While OP is talking about Kizdean I didn't check him since he is so easy to charm I checked Loveal who obviously can't be charmed since he's yellow at 60.

Nevermind, just checked Kizdean. OP is right he was also changed, he doesn't have a pet now and faction wouldn't move from Apprehensive on him either.

Yes on patch day after the 2nd reset I did the quest.

Also it now seems important to note: I had to AGRO kiz + charm + mez after charm + relog. He factioned correctly after relog.

Note 2: he would not respond to hails before agro, nor during charm.

*will test in few hours and post results.

Curious if it's a char faction change or something wrong with kiz or lov. Or just and issue with collab. As a bard I often get different results than other classes using same spell mechanic. I.e. mez / charm

Para99
02-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Also it now seems important to note: I had to AGRO kiz + charm + mez after charm + relog. He factioned correctly after relog.

Oh, that is really broken. Charm should make the charmed pet Amiable to the caster and indifferent to everyone else. It shouldn't matter if it was an Enchanter/Bard/Necro/Druid or someone with Puppet Strings that cast the charm.

I did aggro him like your first post suggested but I just mem blurred him then cast Collab. I didn't try to charm him. Maybe the faction was changed when they removed his pet, on Zam at least 1 person in 2001 posted he didn't have a pet. I thought a while ago there was a bug report about some Neriak factions being incorrect but I can't find it now to see if a dev responded to the thread.

EQGOTM
02-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Kiz had a pet but when I charmed him during my investigation but he didn't resummon one after I zoned to Befallen. Hopefully right folks will notice these inconsistency and figure out a fix.

Puluin
02-13-2019, 01:03 PM
It appears kiz is responding just fine as of 09:07 am PST feb 13 without having to agro or kill first.

HOWEVER: I can no longer use just DE mask or Faction song. I must stack both which puts his faction at kindly for him to respond with the note now.

CalgaryKTM300
02-13-2019, 11:28 PM
I got Kizdean to give quest - had to aggro and recharm.
Loveal wouldn’t talk to me with DE illusion and benevolence. Unsure how to proceed.

From Loveal I can get some dialog about delegated duties. Then about performing a test. Then nothing