PDA

View Full Version : an angry goblin ?AGREEMENT?

Bbeta
02-12-2019, 11:56 AM
at the moment there are two players ready for an angry goblin, Diamondfist 2/11 turn in and myself Bbeta 2/12 turn in. We both agree that an angry goblin could be handled in a civilized manor. What we are proposing is that we do the turn in to an angry goblin in order of who ever got shady first.

Diamonfist (2/11) would get this coming angry
Bbeta (2/12) would get the following
???? (2/13) would get the one after and so on.

This list will get large in many moons from now but this will help ensure that this is handled civilized. To keep things neat and tidy we can follow the 20 min rule set, If you miss your window, you are bumped to the next spawn in order of the original waiting list. We can easily go down the list for the next person. So if you are top 3 or 4 it would be wise to be ready for him to pop.

diamondfist
02-12-2019, 12:03 PM
might need a staff member to sticky this one :o

aaezil
02-12-2019, 12:04 PM
so you want a list 500 players long of when they got shady goblin and for the players to all agree/adhere to it?

Ok guy!

Its gonna just be stormfeather 2.0

Alanus
02-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Why not make it a roll and everyone helps like Scout? The people in the zone would probably like the sweet faction hit anyway

aaezil
02-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Why not make it a roll and everyone helps like Scout? The people in the zone would probably like the sweet faction hit anyway

14+ hours of variance is why not

Alanus
02-12-2019, 12:17 PM
14+ hours of variance is why not

Everyone waiting there when it pops can roll. I don't see why that should matter.

Either way is fine with me, but I still need the other goblin first

mcoy
02-12-2019, 12:18 PM
I was leaning towards suggesting a list myself. /roll for shady and list for angry.

-Mcoy

Alanus
02-12-2019, 12:19 PM
I was leaning towards suggesting a list myself. /roll for shady and list for angry.

-Mcoy

I think that sounds fair.

Bbeta
02-12-2019, 12:21 PM
so you want a list 500 players long of when they got shady goblin and for the players to all agree/adhere to it?

Ok guy!

Its gonna just be stormfeather 2.0

this could work till it doesn't work anymore. Atm it makes more sense because this is a 3 day instead of an 18 hour. if the list gets 500 players long the people invested in the list will want to honor it. its a self healing list.

Alanus
02-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Speaking of that, anyone know when shady goblin is due?

Freakish
02-12-2019, 12:27 PM
If I ever manage to get my first goblin, I don't have time to manage 14 hour windows. This is a ridiculous premise that will only work for those that can play all day.

diamondfist
02-12-2019, 12:28 PM
I really like my other suggestion here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2859099&postcount=22

why cant staff get creative here. There are several things on this server that aren't classic due to some reasoning behind it.

why not just flip flop the timers for shady and angry. that way the same amount of rings will be going onto the server as it did on live. While dealing with most of the issues here.

then for icing on the cake, all they need to do on the shady is add a invisible npc with no name that despawns 10? 30 seconds? Before the shady goblin spawns and doesn't go back for say 10 minutes.

this will 100% make is so people cant autofire / afk + autofire / just show up for welfare pixels and make doing the quest earned as it should be.

but requires a majority of the server to back it to get the staff to implement it.

Project1984
02-12-2019, 12:30 PM
I think this is a great idea

Bbeta
02-12-2019, 12:32 PM
If I ever manage to get my first goblin, I don't have time to manage 14 hour windows. This is a ridiculous premise that will only work for those that can play all day.

i can really only play all day on Saturdays. the thing with the list is if you miss it then you get bumped back to the top of the list for the next spawn. so eventually you will get your shot. if you cant make it then someone near the top of the list will be there to get it.

Polixa
02-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Seems to me this is one of those parts of the game that screams to the GMs to be made non-classical.

I haven't even googled what loot you guys are trying to score, but I would cheer if you got a 3 hour pop for your goblin instead of 3 days.

(P.S. auto correct tried to make my "I would cheer..." come out as "I would cyber...".
I'm not quite that invested.)

Alanus
02-12-2019, 12:52 PM
(P.S. auto correct tried to make my "I would cheer..." come out as "I would cyber...".
I'm not quite that invested.)

I am that invested ;)

Triiz
02-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Sure the first 10, 20, maybe 30 or even 50 people might agree but when there's 100+ people waiting the majority of people are going to agree to wait almost a year instead of taking their chances? Really doubt it

This would be a big incentive not to agree to or honor a shady goblin roll if you had low or decent ping. Someone could take their chances with a roll and possibly finish the quest a few years from now or they could compete, possibly win after a couple tries, and get a guaranteed angry goblin in a month or two and works towards the rest.

edit: Just saw the shady goblin variance post, first part still applies. Fortunately we just had 40 threads about how great competition for BIS loot is for P99. Said angry in first edit but meant shady. Stupid ass shady angry goblin names.

loramin
02-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Sure the first 10, 20, maybe 30 or even 50 people might agree but when there's 100+ people waiting the majority of people are going to agree to wait almost a year instead of taking their chances? Really doubt it

This would be a big incentive not to agree to or honor a shady goblin roll if you had low or decent ping. Someone could take their chances with a roll and possibly finish the quest a few years from now or they could compete, possibly win after a couple tries, and get a guaranteed angry goblin in a month or two and works towards the rest.

This. Infinitely long lists demoralize everyone. Scout works because everyone has a fresh chance every time. A short list where everyone has a chance to get slot #3 (because that's how long the max list length is) or something like that might also work, but I just don't see anyone liking a system where they're #89 in line (even if there were in fact 88 people in front of them). It might be the most fair system, but it doesn't seem viable for this server. Fairness in the form of an equal roll seems far more viable.

Bbeta
02-12-2019, 01:00 PM
my theory is there wont be 88 people at the spawn because not everyone can be around for it. position 88 with 87 people who are unavailable could get his turn in next.

Alanus
02-12-2019, 01:05 PM
This. Infinitely long lists demoralize everyone. Scout works because everyone has a fresh chance every time. A short list where everyone has a chance to get slot #3 (because that's how long the max list length is) or something like that might also work, but I just don't see anyone liking a system where they're #89 in line (even if there were in fact 88 people in front of them). It might be the most fair system, but it doesn't seem viable for this server. Fairness in the form of an equal roll seems far more viable.

Good point. My vote is that shady and angry should both be roll

Jan Jensen
02-12-2019, 01:16 PM
A camp like stormfeather. No dumb lists based on people who aren't even online. In two months' time, your proposed list idea will have a 40 person backlog - only to further increase with time. Dumb ideas are dumb.

indiscriminate_hater
02-12-2019, 01:17 PM
angry goblin is a pretty well-named personification of the player base

well played, Brad

Triiz
02-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Something else - what will be in place to stop people from putting themselves on the Angry Goblin list a few months in advance while they try to win Shady Goblin? A massive thread of the person who won each day that would have to be checked before adding someone? A long list requires putting a lot of faith into some of the grimiest people on the internet.

A camp like stormfeather. No dumb lists based on people who aren't even online. In two months' time, your proposed list idea will have a 40 person backlog - only to further increase with time. Dumb ideas are dumb.

Stormfeather is a camp because Sirken said he believed it was always a camp on every server. He also has a smaller variance and a chance to pop every day. What would stop guilds from handing it off to their buddy for the next few years? We just had a thread about how Shiny Brass Idol has been permanently locked down

Legidias
02-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Imagine being even the third person on a 5 day list with variance and not being there when it spawns 4 hours early lul

TripleLegit
02-12-2019, 02:37 PM
I wonder if OP would support this idea if he was not number 2 on the list. ��

Zal22
02-12-2019, 03:12 PM

kotton05
02-12-2019, 03:15 PM
Great point prison... out of his kind non greedy soul he should take a seat at the back of the bus imo.

rebeccablack
02-12-2019, 03:16 PM
hi id like to get some uncontested loot asap with a system that will fall apart almost instantly due to bottleneck issues
motion denied

Senescant
02-12-2019, 03:25 PM
Ya, a list won't fly. Make it a roll, decide on the one critical detail (roll at window start, roll at mob spawn) and make it less burdensome on everyone. Easy peazy.

Bbeta
02-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Great point prison... out of his kind non greedy soul he should take a seat at the back of the bus imo.

currently i am at the back of the bus

motion denied

lol

fastboy21
02-12-2019, 03:45 PM
The big issue with doing this like stormfeather is that the fight isn't obsolete solo for many classes.

"Stormfeather 2.0" seems more logical to me than a massive list (where folks get bumped back to the top if they aren't on during a pop), but there would need to be clear rules regarding timing for the turn in and kill. There would also need to be clear rules for what happens if you fail the fight.

It strikes me more like a verina tomb type of contest than a stormfeather...and VT is still brutal.

Alanus
02-12-2019, 03:46 PM
The big issue with doing this like stormfeather is that the fight isn't obsolete solo for many classes.

"Stormfeather 2.0" seems more logical to me than a massive list (where folks get bumped back to the top if they aren't on during a pop), but there would need to be clear rules regarding timing for the turn in and kill. There would also need to be clear rules for what happens if you fail the fight.

It strikes me more like a verina tomb type of contest than a stormfeather...and VT is still brutal.

Because it's not soloable for most people (shamans could probably do it), imo it should be a roll and then everyone helps kill (like Scout). Otherwise getting a squadron together with such short notice will be tough, especially if it pops at like 3 am

White_knight
02-12-2019, 03:49 PM
I resigned myself to never getting a ring or stormfeather - because I am a filthy casual and that was the way Brad designed his game.

All the people crying they want lists and stuff should just accept that unless they are willing to invest large sums of their life they don't deserve this ring.This was the way it was in 1999-2001.

Let the neckbeards feel like they deserve something for a mis-managed life.

Freakish
02-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Look, I got Lodizal. The next Stormfeather is mine.

Triiz
02-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Because it's not soloable for most people (shamans could probably do it), imo it should be a roll and then everyone helps kill (like Scout). Otherwise getting a squadron together with such short notice will be tough, especially if it pops at like 3 am

There will be a lot more than Shaman's soloing him. Even a Ranger could solo him if they bring a bag full of Wort Pots for 30k HP worth of instant heals, and that's not counting the obligatory Soulfire and Reaper. That's like 15k or less and considering the rewards that's a no brainer investment. Kromzek Captain is a much stronger mob.

mcoy
02-12-2019, 06:04 PM
I was hoping there'd be more info in this thread when I got home from work. At least one of us was logging it though. Note, I'm EST:

[Tue Feb 12 10:00:55 2019] a shady goblin gapes at the note in puzzlement, obviously a bit concerned by it. The courier looks at the note for more than a minute, then looks at you, and back at the note. 'Errm.. welp, dunno what to make of the note. If I know the right of it, Skargus finally got him some girly to do his writin' for him. Ooooh I bet she's a tasty one, graarr. If I was warlord I know I'd have me a girly too. Gah, take this report and get outta my sight.'

(Grats Bbeta)

That time is about 2H 45M later than people were expecting it, so we're not sure if a reset or variance is involved. Now everyone has the timer and hopefully tomorrow morning between 7:20AM and 12:40PM we'll see another spawn and either be able to dial in the variance, or see the spawn exactly at 10:00:55AM and it will be a set 24H.

Then we can work out how to work the camp in a civil manner, and move the mental gymnastics over to the 3 day Angry.

Good luck everyone!

-Mcoy

aaezil
02-12-2019, 06:08 PM
Who died and made mcoy the mayor of EQ

Madbad
02-12-2019, 06:11 PM

my vote for post of the month

diamondfist
02-12-2019, 06:15 PM
There is a variance for the shady, the 8 minute difference between morbo and mine would have suggested the server restarts (maybe) but after today it confirms variance.

the question is how big of a variance is there. and good luck rolling that...

as for angry it should be 3day 10% as listed in 90% of the old posts i could find... but i wouldn't be surprised if its a 5day with a 16 hour variance...

loramin
02-12-2019, 06:32 PM

Everyone. There was a vote for mayor and no one but Mcoy showed up to vote, so he got stuck with the job.

Glad it wasn't me ...

DMN
02-12-2019, 07:16 PM
I resigned myself to never getting a ring or stormfeather - because I am a filthy casual and that was the way Brad designed his game.

All the people crying they want lists and stuff should just accept that unless they are willing to invest large sums of their life they don't deserve this ring.This was the way it was in 1999-2001.

If everyone had them, they wouldn't really seem all that impressive anyway, eh?

YendorLootmonkey
02-12-2019, 07:18 PM

Don't look at me... I voted for Shinko in the P99 mayoral election.

Trzzle
02-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Look, I got Lodizal. The next Stormfeather is mine.

I will honor this

eadric
02-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Don't look at me... I voted for Shinko in the P99 mayoral election.

I voted for Shinko, too.

Riddick
02-12-2019, 08:21 PM

this.

natescraigslist
02-13-2019, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by TripleLegit View Post

this prime example, this is a great idea because i get the shit first!! everyone back me and my idea that get shit first and after me, well who fucking cares!!!!!! #points finger smiling

Bbeta
02-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Early bird gets the worm. Let's just be civilized here people. Any suggestions? Besides I am selfish, which is not a suggestion. And also If your not at shady or attempting shady, please refrain from shit posting. This also is very very different from stormfeather

loramin
02-13-2019, 12:13 PM
Early bird gets the worm.

Why? No one is complaining that Scout is unfair because the first person to arrive doesn't get it.

Why not all the early birds random and who cares who was the earliest? It seems to me neither one is inherently more fair or "civilized"; it entirely comes down to personal bias about which is better.

Rygar
02-13-2019, 12:52 PM
My suggestion: People should have been talking about this a year and a half ago. Procrastinate much? Lie in your First Come First Serve beds!

Bbeta
02-13-2019, 02:01 PM
Why? No one is complaining that Scout is unfair because the first person to arrive doesn't get it.

Why not all the early birds random and who cares who was the earliest? It seems to me neither one is inherently more fair or "civilized"; it entirely comes down to personal bias about which is better.

Are you even trying to get shady?

loramin
02-13-2019, 02:02 PM
Are you even trying to get shady?

I am camped there now and I just posted the timer earlier in the other thread. But nice attempt to dismiss what I'm saying by using your "authority" as the lucky first neckbeard in line, instead of engaging with what I actually said and considering what's actually best for the server.

Bbeta
02-13-2019, 02:21 PM
I am camped there now and I just posted the timer earlier in the other thread. But nice attempt to dismiss what I'm saying by using your "authority" as the lucky first neckbeard in line, instead of engaging with what I actually said and considering what's actually best for the server.

Having you state that, ensures to me me that you're not just blowing smoke. I can see how this system gets complicated and crumbles after about 20 shadies. I don't really like the thought of rolling. Tbh. Can make angry a camp. U sit ur but down at the spawn during the window and sock it up. Sorry you didn't get your report yet. Maybe one of these months you will win a roll

Sadiki
02-13-2019, 02:26 PM
My suggestion: People should have been talking about this a year and a half ago.
This was discussed a year and a half ago, actually. :/

loramin
02-13-2019, 02:28 PM
Having you state that, ensures to me me that you're not just blowing smoke. I can see how this system gets complicated and crumbles after about 20 shadies. I don't really like the thought of rolling. Tbh. Can make angry a camp. U sit ur but down at the spawn during the window and sock it up. Sorry you didn't get your report yet. Maybe one of these months you will win a roll

So, my thought is that we should pick the system that makes the most sense, not pick it based on whether one person "likes the thought of rolling" or not.

And then what was that at the end? It seemed like a "back-handed" insult for not winning a roll that's happened twice (and wasn't even a roll this last time) ... like my opinion has less validity because of the RNG?

Dude what happened to new and improved Bbeta? You were super pro-community and helping the server a few weeks ago. Did you finally give up any hope of the staff restoring your banned accounts and now you're just like "fuck it, I'll be a jerk and push for the system that most benefits me then?"

Triiz
02-13-2019, 02:50 PM
I don't blame Bbeta. I bet 90% of this server would do the same if they were in the same situation.

"Do you want to support an option that guarantees you get the turn in within the next few days or roll for it and possibly spend the next few years trying to finish it?" Most people that say they would volunteer to possibly spend years on one quest are full of shit.

loramin
02-13-2019, 04:05 PM
I don't blame Bbeta. I bet 90% of this server would do the same if they were in the same situation.

"Do you want to support an option that guarantees you get the turn in within the next few days or roll for it and possibly spend the next few years trying to finish it?" Most people that say they would volunteer to possibly spend years on one quest are full of shit.

I absolutely don't blame anyone for promoting their own interests, that's the default thing for people to do. If all Bbeta said was "I was here first, and the best thing for me would be to have a list" I couldn't fault him at all.

However, I do fault someone pretending that they're advocating for the good of the server, when they're really advocating for themselves. Maybe Bbeta truly and sincerely believes a list is the best and most fair way to handle it ... but I find that hard to believe since he even admits it's doomed to fail when the list gets long enough.

Also, Bbeta has been a really good dude, helping people out for months now. I think I'm maybe being harsher on him because I'm so surprised by the shift, and I guess that's not fair at all; I suppose I really should act the opposite, and give him the benefit of the doubt because of his past good deeds. Apologies to Bbeta for that (that "Maybe one of these months you will win a roll" bit just made me feisty).

Bbeta
02-13-2019, 06:11 PM
So, my thought is that we should pick the system that makes the most sense, not pick it based on whether one person "likes the thought of rolling" or not.

And then what was that at the end? It seemed like a "back-handed" insult for not winning a roll that's happened twice (and wasn't even a roll this last time) ... like my opinion has less validity because of the RNG?

Dude what happened to new and improved Bbeta? You were super pro-community and helping the server a few weeks ago. Did you finally give up any hope of the staff restoring your banned accounts and now you're just like "fuck it, I'll be a jerk and push for the system that most benefits me then?"

this post goes from zero to 100 real quick

lets set the record straight. i am 100% for the community here. Speaking of my bans with out any prior knowledge of whats really going on is something i do not condone. And i take it as you're not being very friendly and attempting to rustle feathers(aka anti community)

my post is a little snarky but not a sign of me giving up. i am pro competition and i am pro community. This community is competitive and if you can not see that, /shrug, thats on you bud. Forcing people to roll on a spawn A to get to spawn B to have to roll again is far from competitive and IMO not something thats in the best interest of the server. IMO this should be handled like Holgresh Elder Beads, a list. This is not storm feather this is not lodi. these are entirely different encounters. Hell we still dont even know what angry's spawn is going to be like. So to debate weather or not to roll should be the matter of topic. not weather or not i approve or disapprove of GM decisions regarding personal matters to me.

I think you have shared your thoughts. now lets let other people chime in.

America
02-13-2019, 06:12 PM
this post goes from zero to 100 real quick

lets set the record straight. i am 100% for the community here. Speaking of my bans with out any prior knowledge of whats really going on is something i do not condone. And i take it as you're not being very friendly and attempting to rustle feathers(aka anti community)

my post is a little snarky but not a sign of me giving up. i am pro competition and i am pro community. This community is competitive and if you can not see that, /shrug, thats on you bud. Forcing people to roll on a spawn A to get to spawn B to have to roll again is far from competitive and IMO not something thats in the best interest of the server. IMO this should be handled like Holgresh Elder Beads, a list. This is not storm feather this is not lodi. these are entirely different encounters. Hell we still dont even know what angry's spawn is going to be like. So to debate weather or not to roll should be the matter of topic. not weather or not i approve or disapprove of GM decisions regarding personal matters to me.

I think you have shared your thoughts. now lets let other people chime in.

My stepdad is black

Bbeta
02-13-2019, 06:13 PM
Also, Bbeta has been a really good dude, helping people out for months now. I think I'm maybe being harsher on him because I'm so surprised by the shift, and I guess that's not fair at all; I suppose I really should act the opposite, and give him the benefit of the doubt because of his past good deeds. Apologies to Bbeta for that (that "Maybe one of these months you will win a roll" bit just made me feisty).

apology accepted. i retorted before reading this but not deleting it.

and correction. helping people out for months now needs to be changed to years. been helping people make gains since 2011

Zal22
02-14-2019, 12:35 AM
Bbeta is all about Bbeta.

When was the last time you bumped your giving back to the server thread? Truth is you went on a grand crusade to get unbanned and it worked. Shameless and disgusting, but kudos for getting it done.

Bbeta
02-14-2019, 12:39 AM
Bbeta is all about Bbeta.

When was the last time you bumped your giving back to the server thread? Truth is you went on a grand crusade to get unbanned and it worked. Shameless and disgusting, but kudos for getting it done.

what are you trying to accomplish here? are trying to say you would like to be my friend? would need to know who you play in game to accomplish a more concrete relationship

Lewkeng
02-14-2019, 02:15 AM
a mob with a varience should not be rolled for, triggers going crazy

Senescant
02-14-2019, 02:32 AM
triggers going crazy

What does that mean?

Rolling when the mob pops is the most civil way to handle these quests. It reduces crap like autofiring and ensures people are still tracking the mob through the window. If you're pro autofire just say so.

Additionally, the angry goblin doesn't indicate who gave him the quest items which will result in DPS races for the warlord and likely several lost rings and much QQ. If you need further explanation please reach out to me.

Lewkeng
02-14-2019, 02:51 AM
a quicker roll maybe, 5seconds window to roll

Magerin
02-14-2019, 03:10 AM
Well, now...how many seconds will it be open, will it be open to roll seconds before the spawn or only after the mob spawns? How much time will the winner have to turn in after the roll closes? When will it become FFA? When it becomes FFA, will there be an incoded "Spirit of the rule" applied said turn in? If a loser is unhappy with his roll, can they tag the mob and pull to else where in the zone to allow for someone who didnt roll at all to snipe the turn in? So many questions, so few answers!

Zal22
02-14-2019, 03:31 AM
what are you trying to accomplish here? are trying to say you would like to be my friend? would need to know who you play in game to accomplish a more concrete relationship

No thanks bud.

Just pointing out that you are 100% self serving. Once your agenda is met you will fade away.

Morbo the Annihilator
02-14-2019, 04:53 AM
Well, now...how many seconds will it be open, will it be open to roll seconds before the spawn or only after the mob spawns? How much time will the winner have to turn in after the roll closes? When will it become FFA? When it becomes FFA, will there be an incoded "Spirit of the rule" applied said turn in? If a loser is unhappy with his roll, can they tag the mob and pull to else where in the zone to allow for someone who didnt roll at all to snipe the turn in? So many questions, so few answers!

Talk about grasping at straws. Is anyone genuinely concerned about any of that?
In the interest of progressing this, how about this:

how many seconds will it be open? 30 seconds

will it be open to roll seconds before the spawn or only after the mob spawns? before the spawn.

How much time will the winner have to turn in after the roll closes? Has this ever been a concern on previous rolling encounters? Let's say 30 seconds.

When will it become FFA? Never, it defers to next highest roll.

When it becomes FFA, will there be an incoded "Spirit of the rule" applied said turn in? N/A, see above.

If a loser is unhappy with his roll, can they tag the mob and pull to else where in the zone to allow for someone who didnt roll at all to snipe the turn in? There's nothing stopping someone from disrupting the agreed process and ruining everything, if that's what you're asking... but is this any different to other player-made agreements? isn't that why everyone is chiming in here and trying to find consensus?

So many questions, so few answers! If this was an attempt at illustrating how far away an agreement was by virtue of how many "unanswered" questions there were, consider all of those barriers removed.

Bbeta
02-14-2019, 08:00 AM
No thanks bud.

Just pointing out that you are 100% self serving. Once your agenda is met you will fade away.

I'm not your buddy, guy. I have no agenda, I won't fade away, been with the project snice 2011 and been helping people on this server make gains since then.

I believe my attempt to have constructive conversation with the community has been brought forth too soon. With a 14 hour variance. A poop sock roll in 5 to 10 secondo sounds pretty horrible. In a month or two from now, what I vision is a group of 25 people and maybe 1 or two that are not afk. The rest just run GINA triggers and when they hear chimes from people rolling, they will tab over and roll. There is no competition in that and that goes against the spirit of the server. Which imo has been pro competition. rolling for this mob is pure greed no if ands or buts. At least make it competitive and for the people that try to win deserve to win.

The autofire people should all burn in hell. And I don't believe anyone atm. Is doing that. Those guys come later, cheaters are inherently lazy. I don't see them there.

FungusTrooper
02-14-2019, 12:50 PM
I just wanna say this topic is hilarious when you have no concept of specifically what "an angry goblin" is.

It just looks like a bunch of guys preparing for a regular angry goblin. Watch out, that goblin is angry!

Bbeta
02-14-2019, 02:04 PM
I just wanna say this topic is hilarious when you have no concept of specifically what "an angry goblin" is.

It just looks like a bunch of guys preparing for a regular angry goblin. Watch out, that goblin is angry!

Props to Brad, this angry goblin is just a reflection of our selves.

Senescant
02-14-2019, 02:24 PM
A line is a poor idea...

The gobo doesn't despawn when quest items are handed to it, it eats them. The gobo doesn't announce who gave the first set of items.

What other idea do you have?

Valewind
02-14-2019, 04:14 PM
Valewind (me) won the shady roll on 2/14/19. I would prefer if we do a list. Message me in game if you want to discuss. Thanks.

Bbeta
02-14-2019, 09:32 PM
3 people currently with the Report to Skargus all agree to form a line. in order of whom received the Report first.

Please respect the winners decisions. for now this is working. Civil conversations making gains.

Diamondfist
Bbeta
Murobb
Valewind

tomorrows winner will be next on the list

Sadiki
02-14-2019, 09:50 PM
I don't like that you're calling yourselves winners, because it makes me feel like a loser. Can we change the terminology?

Bbeta
02-14-2019, 10:20 PM
Sorry I can't edit it. This works for now till more people with the report disagree

RedXIII
02-14-2019, 10:37 PM
I have no idea when i will "win" the first piece. But i will not follow a line unless a GM says i have to.

Just a heads up.

If you want rotations, lines, rolls, etc. Make it on the raid scene as well.

Goodluck to everyone.

Bbeta
02-14-2019, 10:54 PM
I have no idea when i will "win" the first piece. But i will not follow a line unless a GM says i have to.

Just a heads up.

If you want rotations, lines, rolls, etc. Make it on the raid scene as well.

Goodluck to everyone.

Respect, the only reason I think the line is a healthy option for this particular part of this particular quest.

When you turn in your Report, he does not say your name. He does not despawn. Which means someone is going to hand in their item first and other people will think they did too. This mob is unique and this is the first time we are exposed to this type of mechanic in velious and we don't want to have to involve GMs. Usually mobs will despawn once receiving the item from the first person to give it to them. Resulting in no one losing the item. This guy will not despawn and if my calculations are correct he will eat people's reports. I also think mobs with 14 hour variance shouldn't be rolled on because it promotes. AFKing with text triggers till pepole roll and then tab over or w.e and join. That's disheartening. Imo.

Currently the majority favor a list. Once the majority favor another approach, this works. If tomorrow's guy disagrees. He is pulling a kelza, I'll leave it to u guys to oust him The next angry will spawn with 4 available turn ins. 3 of the 4 have spoken. 1 person shouldn't ruin it for the rest of us. And potentially make us lose our turn ins. I completely agree that once the majority of people who actually have the report disagree with the list, that it should be changed to please them.

aaezil
02-14-2019, 11:12 PM
i mean if you want to risk losing your report because you are a baby that needs to clickfest that's kind of funny/sad/bad

Senescant
02-14-2019, 11:16 PM
We'll see how long the line lasts...

Kluwen2
02-14-2019, 11:44 PM
Just curious, Bbeta since this seems to be your idea and all will you be running this list for the server even once you get your item?

Bbeta
02-15-2019, 12:00 AM
Just curious, Bbeta since this seems to be your idea and all will you be running this list for the server even once you get your item?

yes. its pretty ez. i cant be at every spawn but i can keep the list going with help of the community. Also it seems the tides will turn eventually. just cuz 3 people are on board doesn't mean it will continue to trend in this direction. I just want people who have the report to decide for themselves. This was my idea because it makes sense to me considering this encounters mechanics. /shrug

Wonkie
02-15-2019, 12:01 AM
it should go to whichever Aftermath or Awakaned has the highest tracking hours of the week

it's important we reward competition, folks

Bbeta
02-15-2019, 12:04 AM
it should go to whichever Aftermath or Awakaned has the highest tracking hours of the week

it's important we reward competition, folks

once you have the report and the majority of those with the report agree, why not. lol. use your imaginations.

Sonderbeast
02-15-2019, 12:05 AM
Brand new NPC and he's already mad. y? what happen?

thots?

ty

Sadiki
02-15-2019, 01:44 AM
As good as a line sounds, it's not something that can possibly hold up long term. It won't be long before it's crazy backlogged and everyone loses their minds. After a week, there's going to be a 2 week line. After a month, it's a 2 month line. Plus you factor in people not showing up, and tons of other stuff.

Easier to just suck it up and swap it to a roll now. No one is gonna run that list.

It would be nice if for once we'd value classic experience over classic mechanics, though. This can't be fun for anyone involved.