PDA

View Full Version : Spell cast aggro nerf

Troxx
02-13-2019, 12:12 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2859700#post2859700

This patch was supposed to limit clicky and proc aggro for spells the casting class does not get innately but there’s a problem. Aggro generated for the classes casting from their spell book (ie flash of light for paladins, disease cloud for SKs) is now significantly lower.

Would be nice if Devs could look into this and fix the problem. I’m having to cast 2-3x harder and am still generating less aggro compared to before the patch.

Oleris
02-13-2019, 12:17 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2859700#post2859700

This patch was supposed to limit clicky and proc aggro for spells the casting class does not get innately but there’s a problem. Aggro generated for the classes casting from their spell book (ie flash of light for paladins, disease cloud for SKs) is now significantly lower.

Would be nice if Devs could look into this and fix the problem. I’m having to cast 2-3x harder and am still generating less aggro compared to before the patch.

It was always kind of dumb that a lower level spell could snap aggro better than a higher level spell.

Troxx
02-13-2019, 12:22 AM
The problem in classic wasn’t low level spells being OP it was higher level threat spells not having scaling benefits to match the increased mana cost.

For paladins the aggro from low level stun (cheap) compared to medium (60mana) and high (90 mana) ... all practically identical. They all stun equally well. Fastest cast is the cheapest. Why ever spend 3x as much mana on the big one? For the damage? No thanks. I only keep a second stunnloaded because it’s on a different timer. Later expansions addressed this by having higher level spells scale up.

Regardless, the point is that this patch unintentionally broke something in ways it specifically wasn’t supposed to do - now not classic. Limiting bio orb click aggro and mallet aggro click on warriors - that was the intent. It needs to be fixed is all and the devs need to be aware :)

I haven’t logged in my warrior to trouble shoot how affected my various proc weapons are affected - but I’m prepared to be disappointed :(

Foxplay
02-13-2019, 02:01 AM
Hopefully it gets fixed, if its classic its classic and low level threat spells should remain "OP" at least for the classes that naturally have it

aaezil
02-13-2019, 09:56 AM
Willsapper is garbage aggro now as well lol

YendorLootmonkey
02-13-2019, 11:05 AM
/mourn Flame Lick :(

Troxx
02-13-2019, 04:03 PM
Willsapper was strong aggro we’ll into PoP.

Current mechanics are not at all classic. I hope the devs look into this and fix the coding.

baakss
02-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Yesterday Flame lick didn’t pull a goblin off of a sarnak courier and it died. Somebody owes me a disappointing bloodstone ring!

Castigate
02-13-2019, 04:41 PM
I will say its real nice being able to tash stuff and not get eaten, but at the same time its pretty OP. :D

Swish2
02-13-2019, 06:40 PM
Make this post for the bugs forum ^^

Troxx
02-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Posted to bugs forum

Tonight i still had to cast my spellbook tools on my paladin 2-3x more often for the same effect. This patch was specifically not supposed to affect classes casting their class spells ... from their spellbook.

Aside from that, having a weapon like Willsapper which both on p99 previously and on live was a superb aggro weapon (13/20 ratio slow proc) now be pretty 'meh' for aggro after the patch completely misses the point -- which I can only assume was to limit aggro generated raid clicky spam on incoming.

As an aside, enchanters are happy to report their tash spells are now also generating much less aggro un-classically.

It really just feels like the whole sever just got spell casting subtlety AA ranks 1-8 for free (whether they wanted it or not).

The people most likely to get hurt and die with these changes are the melee dps who now generate a disproportionately huge amount of aggro compared to everyone else to include the tanks who actually want the aggro :p

Foxplay
02-13-2019, 11:50 PM
While I understand the intent of the change (curbing clicky dumps to rip trains or generate threat on a raid boss instantly high right on engage. Sounds like have done more unclassic damage in terms of threat numbers (something I don't notice often cause I solo so much)

Hopefully will get fixed in a few weeks rather than months for all the poor rogues and knights suffering with aggro problems

Troxx
02-19-2019, 02:58 PM
Bump for developer visibility

Still broken/nerfed spell cast aggro.

Cen
02-19-2019, 06:06 PM
Staff of taunting flux !! :(

aaezil
02-19-2019, 07:44 PM
so i guess this is just broken now until theres a patch in like 3 years?

Foxplay
02-19-2019, 11:43 PM
Foxpox [60 Shaman] (Ogre)

Foxcharm [60 Enchanter] (High Elf)

Foxystyle [60 Druid] (Wood Elf)

Foxfansy [60 Bard] (Human)

Foxpet [60 Magician] (Gnome)

Foxaid [60 Cleric] (Dark Elf)

Foxlich [60 Necromancer] (Iksar)

Foxplosion [36 Wizard] (Erudite)

Dude do you go outside?

Yes, 5days a week when I go to work. Short walk to the train station, then after the train ride about a 4min walk to work

Troxx
02-20-2019, 12:10 AM

Dude do you go outside?

Strong post from an anonymous retard who joined this month of this year.

Talinthis
02-20-2019, 03:00 AM

Dude do you go outside?

not like the server has been around for 10 years or anything. also you should work on your social skills if thats how you start conversations with people.