PDA

View Full Version : Proposal for Raid "Rotation"

Terrel
02-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Following up on the post from here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2861024&postcount=20

I figured I'd put my money where my mouth is and make some suggestions.

Have raiding guilds declare themselves as an "A guild" or a "B guild".

"A guilds" "compete". B guilds are NTOV dragon capable, but not in position to compete.

Except for earthquakes, "A guilds" would compete as per usual.

"B guilds" would agree not to interfere with the "A guilds" competitions in any way. I.e, upon spawn, B guilds wouldn't mobilize.

Earthquakes would be handled differently. "A guilds" wouldn't mobilize for earthquakes. Instead, "B guilds" would have 36 hours from the earthquake to kill targets in NTOV. At the end of that 36 hours, the "B guilds" leave NTOV targets alone, and "A guilds" compete however they'd like.

Options:
1. Change it so that this only applies to the first earthquake each month.
2. B guilds set up a rotation among themselves for the earthquake(s.) I.e, Blood Guard agrees they'll go after these targets, PS goes after those, Kittens goes after another set.
3. Take GM's and petition quest out of this completely. So for the "A guilds"...train each other to your heart's content; GM's don't care/won't punish. (In theory, this drives better behavior during those competitions. If it doesn't, the "A guilds" would just keep training each other and no one would be happy. Except maybe GM's)

For "B guilds", if any guilds violate their agreements during earthquakes, other guilds present are free to train the violating guild w/o repercussions. Again, takes GM's out of it, and strongly encourages guilds to honor their commitments.

So in this scenario, the casuals get 1 or 2 shots at NTOV a month, and the courtesy they are asking for. The "competitors" get ....3 to 6 shots at NTOV a month. GM's are no longer inundated with petitions for this type of nonsense, at least if option 3 is employed.

What do you think? Is that a good compromise, or at least the framework of one, that keeps everyone happy?

tyrant49333
02-15-2019, 08:31 AM
This is a terrible idea. Take it out behind the barn and shoot it

Terrel
02-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Hah!

Ok...spell it out for me then, please. Why?

RedXIII
02-15-2019, 09:05 AM
I say we roll for mobs, or make a line... i been here 5 years if not more, i guess i will be pretty good in that line ;)

Rygar
02-15-2019, 09:37 AM
Hah!

Ok...spell it out for me then, please. Why?

You literally are proposing an idea where training is legal onto another guild in certain scenarios and you really think GMs will get behind this? You are naive enough to believe this won't create even more lawyerquest with greater CSR headache?

This is a poor idea over 'no CSR ToV'. No CSR is No CSR. You saying 'train in special scenarios is cool' just opens the fraps window.

Shoot it behind the barn.

TomisFeline
02-15-2019, 10:58 AM
rygar you are an asset to the server and these forums
you would be an even greater asset if you worked on your feedback:

this template is for you.

thanks for the idea <user interested in contributing to the discussion>

the idea is <Value judgement> for <these reasons>. I can appreciate you may not have as much color on this subject as some others, have you considered <these historical anecdotes>?

sincerely yours,

Rygar

Rygar
02-15-2019, 11:15 AM
So I give an explanation of why I think it's a bad idea, someone else just talks shit... and you call me out?

Not sure where this Rygar hate comes from lately. Usually preceded with a "thanks for all you do for the server, but..."

I smell salty necks

Qtip
02-15-2019, 11:23 AM
So I give an explanation of why I think it's a bad idea, someone else just talks shit... and you call me out?

Not sure where this Rygar hate comes from lately. Usually preceded with a "thanks for all you do for the server, but..."

I smell salty necks

Im guessing you believe people should give you praise for doing bug reports while acting like a dick? LOL

TheSurgeon
02-15-2019, 11:25 AM
So B guilds are only allowed to go in on special earthquake days? The rest of the time A guilds get what they want? That seems to be heading in the opposite direction.

Week 1 A Guilds Compete
Week 2 B Guilds Share
Week 3 A Guilds Compete
Week 4 B Guilds Share

Seems the most logical. You don't have some insane 9 week stretch between loot, still keep competition, and twice a month have to share dragons unless the guilds can't down them after x amount of time. Earthquakes are by design the bread and butter of mobilization competition. With the initial idea you've just proposed that guilds who can't mobilize would have 36 hours to do so for random events. It never occurred to you how backwards the thinking was?

arsenalpow
02-15-2019, 11:34 AM
An innumerable amount of people have attempted to propose raid rotations on p99. Every single person has failed. The only single person that can propose and ratify any sort of rotation is Rogean. There’s an incredibly obnoxious and vocal minority of players that have no interest in sharing dragon pixels and their screeching adolescent mindset is backed up by the folks that run this box because it was classic on some servers.

If you don’t like p99 raiding in its current form you can definitely find another box, if you want pixels here you can grab a sock just like everyone else. Enjoy your stay or fuck off. Those are your only two options.

Mblake1981
02-15-2019, 11:48 AM

I smell salty necks

On red this isn't an issue, we pvp for the dragons. Just a thought.

..Easy, Bro! im just trolling. Don't get mad. You will make me mad and that makes me poast a meme about you getting mad.

https://i.imgur.com/wb93Tzv.jpg

Rygar
02-15-2019, 12:10 PM
Im guessing you believe people should give you praise for doing bug reports while acting like a dick? LOL

Where did I mention anything about bug reporting in this thread? I was unfairly targeted and my feelings hurt, I demand justice.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-15-2019, 12:44 PM

Yeah thanks for the Hole guide but Rygar seems like a real douche lately!

I thought you were more of like a benevolent Kradok type but you are just another dbag...

TomisFeline
02-15-2019, 01:11 PM
rygar you are an asset and appreciated and I want to maximize your potential because it is dank, no one denies this. be gentle in your heart and encourage others who want to contribute as you have.

Sadiki
02-15-2019, 01:23 PM
It's like some sort of... class based raid system that a lot of guilds still want to bring back.

You literally are proposing an idea where training is legal onto another guild in certain scenarios and you really think GMs will get behind this?
That general idea was proposed by GMs themselves in discussions a few months back where you wouldn't be liable if you had FTE on a mob and another guild died to it, so... yes?

The issue here is you're just being a jerk on the forums all day, still are completely detached from server politics, and yet you're going off on people daily. Take a chill pill. Or jump off a cliff. Either one.

If you want to make good use of your time, go find proof and get the unclassic variance removed from angry goblin. I know it's unusual of you to file bug reports for things that help players, but it could be a nice breath of fresh air.

Rygar
02-15-2019, 01:27 PM
How did this thread become about me and the greater good I must provide?! I can still have snarky replies, sexy erotica, and sick zingers.

I put my pants on one leg at a time like everyone else, but when mine are on I make gold bug reports.

TomisFeline
02-15-2019, 01:37 PM
rygar has recovered impeccably with this last response
a statement that shows confidence and humor

don't jump off a cliff. continue zinging and sexy posts and gold reports.

Rygar
02-15-2019, 01:50 PM
It's like some sort of... class based raid system that a lot of guilds still want to bring back.

That general idea was proposed by GMs themselves in discussions a few months back where you wouldn't be liable if you had FTE on a mob and another guild died to it, so... yes?

The issue here is you're just being a jerk on the forums all day, still are completely detached from server politics, and yet you're going off on people daily. Take a chill pill. Or jump off a cliff. Either one.

If you want to make good use of your time, go find proof and get the unclassic variance removed from angry goblin. I know it's unusual of you to file bug reports for things that help players, but it could be a nice breath of fresh air.

What? Going off on people daily? Being a jerk? These are harsh exaggerations.

I found evidence in great detail proving only 4 mobs at once can melee you, only 2 rare spawns should see invis in Dalnir making it easier to navigate, near 50% of unmezzable ghost mobs in the hole should be BetaNeutral and not assist, resist system should be overhauled to make resists less of a factor in raiding, some mobs that are flagged see invisible should really not see invisible but have special AggroPC flag, higher bind wound caps for shm / clr/ dru / pal , staff of forbidden rites accurate in era recharge price and that should drop entirety of server, crawled every single guild website in era to prove accurate drop tables for raid mobs, changing numerous mobs to caiman con status, and a plethora of neutral changes such as accurate system messages.

But alas, I shall only be remembered as sir nerfsalot due to goblin ears and orc scalps.

Know not how this goblin works, tell me what it is like on p99 and I can find details of what is different. Typically all mobs had a variance proportional to their spawn time, except when they had special cycles triggers.

Abnormally large variance can be a red flag as I'm convinced a standard formula was in place.

The GM thing you mention is nothing like OP is suggesting, but nice try.

Champion_Standing
02-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Why don't they just remove raid mobs from the game entirely and the GMs can random off loot in EC?

indiscriminate_hater
02-15-2019, 02:56 PM
Proposal: give me 3 pieces of Vulak pixel welfare pieces, then I will drop out of the rat race, reducing your competition

Terrel
02-15-2019, 06:25 PM
So B guilds are only allowed to go in on special earthquake days? The rest of the time A guilds get what they want? That seems to be heading in the opposite direction.

Week 1 A Guilds Compete
Week 2 B Guilds Share
Week 3 A Guilds Compete
Week 4 B Guilds Share

Seems the most logical. You don't have some insane 9 week stretch between loot, still keep competition, and twice a month have to share dragons unless the guilds can't down them after x amount of time. Earthquakes are by design the bread and butter of mobilization competition. With the initial idea you've just proposed that guilds who can't mobilize would have 36 hours to do so for random events. It never occurred to you how backwards the thinking was?

I put it out there as a skeleton, confident in the assumption that others could/would improve upon the idea. Thanks for the feedback!

Terrel
02-15-2019, 06:28 PM
You literally are proposing an idea where training is legal onto another guild in certain scenarios and you really think GMs will get behind this? You are naive enough to believe this won't create even more lawyerquest with greater CSR headache?

Yep, that was one of the options I proposed. In that scenario, they could lawyerquest all they wanted; GM's wouldn't respond.

Would it work? I don't know. But see, that'd be the A guilds problem at that point. They might have to work it out! *Shudder*

Maschenny
02-15-2019, 06:55 PM
This is a great idea Terrel. I would just suggest that the items that drop during group B kills be made statless, or something to that effect.

Sadiki
02-15-2019, 07:11 PM
I think it would be cool if they just got an email of a picture of the items, they can print out and frame.