PDA

View Full Version : The Fellspine Mystery

Teppler
02-23-2019, 08:48 AM
Which was the siren's grotto seahorse that spawns the fellspine at a higher rate?

This something I've been intrigued and asked about a few times over the past couple months but never get an answer. This is my last shot, asking directly.

I believe a couple guys noticed after server resets a certain spot spawns fellspines more, they farmed the hell out of spiked seahorse belts and it got nerfed.

Teppler
02-23-2019, 09:05 AM
Here are some questions.

Does he only spawn in 1 spot?

If he spawns or spawned in multiple spots, was it a case of one spot spawned him at a much higher rate than others? I've never known another mob to work this way but I suspect this is how Fellspine worked.

I've seen people say the Fellspine PH was past the waterfall area. Then I've seen people say they've seen Fellspine in the first group of PHs right when you enter from CS.

I've seen people who think Fellspine only spawns from one PH. I don't think that's right but I can't be sure.

Halox
02-23-2019, 09:54 AM
I got him several times on live. I don't know about here, but on live he was always the mob that pathed back and forth from the waterfall area to the ZI ledge. I never saw him in any other spot.

astuce999
02-23-2019, 10:43 AM
Fellspine on p99.

First hand empirical information:

I've seen him up at several different spots. Always instead of a regular seahorse. I've only seen him up after a server reset, I've never seen him pop on a respawn while hunting there.

Speculation:

I believe it works like Shellara Ebbhunter in Kedge; most but not all seahorses can be placeholders. No more than 1 Fellspine can be up at once. Its chance to pop are probably 0.01% instead of 10% like in the case of Shellara, or something ridiculous like that.

cheers,

Astuce

Teppler
02-23-2019, 11:13 AM
After doing some research I think I have a good idea for how he works on p99, his history and what is happening right now with him. Had a very interesting PM chat with someone about fellspine.

Here's a question I still have. Has anyone ever seen a fellspine in the opening area on p99? Not live. P99. Let me know if you are 100% sure.

Quite sure he's different on live compared to p99.

Foxplay
02-23-2019, 02:38 PM
What would live have to do with p99 SG anyway... SG is a zone that went thru a major revamp. Which hasn't happened on p99 (and I don't think does on p99 timeline)

Khaall Drogo
02-23-2019, 03:47 PM
I have only ever seen and spawned, Fellspine in one spot. Have spawned him there back to back and multiple times in one sitting. I have NEVER seen him anywhere but this one spawn point !

aaezil
02-23-2019, 03:48 PM
I mean just bring a char who can be factioned and observe a farmer

Dark_Magic
02-23-2019, 04:22 PM
I have spent a boatload of time in SG farming neriad shawls, gems and Fellspine. After literally thousands of seahorse kills I have only seen him spawn in 1 particular spot from 1 particular seahorse PH. I find it hard to believe that he can spawn in other places under normal circumstances (killing), but people swear they've seen him elsewhere on server repops.

The spot where he spawns is extremely difficult to reach if you're not a Rogue, but several times a week I see Enchanters using well known, not-so-legitimate tactics to solo him.

Ennewi
02-28-2019, 06:03 AM
Submitted by: Anonymous On: 9/23/2001 12:40:35 AM
My group have been farming Fellspine for months now and since last patch he haven't been spawning anymore. It is highly possible that Fellspine have been removed. It used to spawn below the tower connected by 3 bridges. There is an alcove underwater where a single seahorse is parked there. Very prominent so you can't miss it.

Relle Guises
Tholuxe Paells

Cloris Natureheart
Brell Serilis

TomisFeline
02-28-2019, 02:53 PM
After doing some research I think I have a good idea for how he works on p99, his history and what is happening right now with him. Had a very interesting PM chat with someone about fellspine.

Here's a question I still have. Has anyone ever seen a fellspine in the opening area on p99? Not live. P99. Let me know if you are 100% sure.

Quite sure he's different on live compared to p99.

don't leave the thread hanging please

Oleris
02-28-2019, 03:01 PM
I've only seen him in the drop down from the first waterfall when running from sg -> WW

Seiter02
02-28-2019, 03:30 PM
Felspine only spawns in a single spot in SG. His spawn rate at this location is pretty high. Much of the information in this thread is wrong.

Teppler
02-28-2019, 04:58 PM
Felspine only spawns in a single spot in SG. His spawn rate at this location is pretty high. Much of the information in this thread is wrong.

Part of my discussion with someone else was asking if the guy who does neriad shawls also farms fellspine.

Information I've received doesn't line up with the guy who posted above your post.

I'd be really surprised if he spawned in that spot based on what I've read and seen now but I can't be 100% sure. Like maybe he has a ridiculously low spawn rate in other places?

Khaall Drogo
02-28-2019, 11:14 PM
He only spawns in one place :P So far it seems only 1 or 2 people here have actually ever spawned him :P

TomisFeline
03-01-2019, 02:36 PM
still don't understand why teppler is withholding information...a rude mood to ask the public, get an answer/more information, then intentionally keep others from it.

eezl
03-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Nybras knows the truth. You must seek him out and bribe him.

Teppler
03-01-2019, 05:12 PM
still don't understand why teppler is withholding information...a rude mood to ask the public, get an answer/more information, then intentionally keep others from it.

He spawns in a difficult to reach spot closer to the WW zl, underwater in the tunnel system. There's youtube videos on it.

bigjeff100
03-01-2019, 05:16 PM
Nybras knows the truth. You must seek him out and bribe him.

Nybras tried to teach me one time how to duo with him on my druid there.. I failed him miserably.. Sorry Nybras!!

Emmin
03-01-2019, 05:30 PM

Erati
03-01-2019, 05:42 PM
WTB Seahorse Belt

TomisFeline
03-02-2019, 04:43 AM
He spawns in a difficult to reach spot closer to the WW zl, underwater in the tunnel system. There's youtube videos on it.

appreciate the follow up thanks !