PDA

View Full Version : Molars faction

Vertiggo
03-03-2019, 10:39 AM
So I have like 100 molars from Warren's.
And I was going to turn them in to paineel just because I like the city. But a a hard is messing up my erudin faction going to affect me at all

loramin
03-03-2019, 12:10 PM
You'll have to get a port off the continent or invis through Erudin to get to the boat (or maybe there's some sneaky way through Erudin I don't know of?) ... and after that it will likely never affect you again.

But just FYI, those molars give crap for XP (or at least they did in Erudin). They're nothing like the Gnoll Fangs in Blackburrow or Crushbone Belts: they're really more about giving you faction and just a tiny sliver of XP while you're at it.

Oh, and if you ever change your mind and want the Erudites to like you, an hour or two mowing down everything you can find in the Warrens as a higher level character should fix things.

Vertiggo
03-03-2019, 12:17 PM
Ok thanks!
Yea I knew they gave crap exp I just like the idea of being loved in paineel. I'm going to try and get my faction up with all the evil cities. Not enough bards in those places.
Also I needed the money so I'm gonna sell the ringmail.

jolanar
03-03-2019, 12:57 PM
FWIW if you are concerned about faction it's a hell of a lot harder to get the various Erudin factions than it is to get the single Paineel faction which you can get easily in the warrens.

cubiczar
03-03-2019, 01:37 PM
You'll have to get a port off the continent or invis through Erudin to get to the boat (or maybe there's some sneaky way through Erudin I don't know of?) ... and after that it will likely never affect you again.

But just FYI, those molars give crap for XP (or at least they did in Erudin). They're nothing like the Gnoll Fangs in Blackburrow or Crushbone Belts: they're really more about giving you faction and just a tiny sliver of XP while you're at it.

Oh, and if you ever change your mind and want the Erudites to like you, an hour or two mowing down everything you can find in the Warrens as a higher level character should fix things.

The main point of these is the ringmail that you get. If you are twinked I would skip them unless erudin already hates you. In which case you get a huge bump with heretics and with get some decent cash while you are at it. The erudin version of the question is terrible, almost never get the ringmail and the exp is garbage. The paineel version is great, 1 in 2 or 3 molars will get you a piece of ringmail.

Also killing in Warren's will do nothing to fix your faction in erudin. The teeth don't reduce the same faction that you gain by killing kobolds. So you can be Max Ally with the guards and Max Kos with the rest of the town (and consequently probably any erudite you run into elsewhere).

I have trashed my erudin faction and then brought it back up so it's possible just depends on how much time you want to spend grinding green con mobs

Pootle
03-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Continue to slaughter the warrens, if you are leveled enough go to the king? room and make sure you kill the nameds that spawn in there and the side rooms (they have a nice big faction hit).

This way you will continue to gain Paineel faction without trashing Erudin.