PDA

View Full Version : IP exemption usual time?

pallius
03-04-2019, 09:45 PM
I requested an IP exemption so my wife and I can play together. This was back on 1/23/19.

Does anyone know how long these usually take? The instructions say to not bump or I'll be put to the back of the line, so I haven't asked any questions there. Just wondering if this is a normal wait. I provided this info in this format:

My Fullname - me - myaccount1
My Fullname - me - myaccount2
My Fullname - me - myaccount3

Wife's Fullname - wife - heraccount

White_knight
03-04-2019, 10:53 PM
These threads come up every other week.

Answer: Depends when they do their batches and how close you are too them. Some have waited a week others months and months.

Pro tip: Use a mobile hotspot for now till you get you exemption...if you're a genuine exemption seeker that is.

I highly suggest not getting an exemption if you're just looking for a self port bot/buffer as getting an ip exemption is just highlighting you as a boxer and YOU will get tested at some point and fail and get suspended and lose your exemption for life.

P.s. if you want to box go to red99, no one cares about boxing there infact if you're not boxing on red99 than you a bad player.

Mead
03-04-2019, 11:13 PM

Post history shows pretty much been around since then. Plus I've seen you in game a bunch in my time. Doesn't know how the IP exemption process works? You either bought the account or just playing dumb and made the thread to get a GMs attention to process your request. Which is it?

pallius
03-04-2019, 11:20 PM

Post history shows pretty much been around since then. Plus I've seen you in game a bunch in my time. Doesn't know how the IP exemption process works? You either bought the account or just playing dumb and made the thread to get a GMs attention to process your request. Which is it?

Or...... my wife said "Hey, lets play together. I miss playing games with you." Years ago I hosted a green server and we played together then. She's more of a minecraft/pokemon/tabletop gamer. So we basically game separately. But she likes D&D so we sort of have overlap here.

Her account was created on... you guessed it, January 2019.

This is my first time requesting an exemption, so I am not familiar with the process.

pallius
03-04-2019, 11:23 PM
These threads come up every other week.

Answer: Depends when they do their batches and how close you are too them. Some have waited a week others months and months.

Pro tip: Use a mobile hotspot for now till you get you exemption...if you're a genuine exemption seeker that is.

I highly suggest not getting an exemption if you're just looking for a self port bot/buffer as getting an ip exemption is just highlighting you as a boxer and YOU will get tested at some point and fail and get suspended and lose your exemption for life.

P.s. if you want to box go to red99, no one cares about boxing there infact if you're not boxing on red99 than you a bad player.

I have no interest in boxing.

aaezil
03-04-2019, 11:24 PM
Dont feed the trolls you can safely put Mead on your ignore list

pallius
03-04-2019, 11:26 PM

Thanks for the tip. I don't spend a lot of time on the forum.

Honestly just making sure I'm not leaving out any important info for the GMs. The readme says to not bump the request or it goes to the back of the line, so I hesitate asking a question on my petition thread and thus came here.

Like should I add a picture of our setup or IDs or something extra

Swish2
03-05-2019, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the tip. I don't spend a lot of time on the forum.

Honestly just making sure I'm not leaving out any important info for the GMs. The readme says to not bump the request or it goes to the back of the line, so I hesitate asking a question on my petition thread and thus came here.

Like should I add a picture of our setup or IDs or something extra

I don't think that's necessary. As long as they know the accounts to put the exemption on its just a matter of waiting after that...and don't bump the post.

Cen
03-05-2019, 01:08 AM
They supposedly knock them out every once in awhile but I heard the last one or two were 6 months or so?

Swish2
03-05-2019, 04:04 AM
If that's the case I'm available to help with the backlog if someone shows me how to do it <3

Ghostly
03-05-2019, 07:51 AM
"Not Interested in Boxing"

"Here's my 3 accounts"

pallius
03-05-2019, 12:19 PM
"Not Interested in Boxing"

"Here's my 3 accounts"

Yeah I started here on basically day 1. I have a lot of alts. Including a few level 1s with witty names that I am squatting on.

laskje
03-05-2019, 12:30 PM
Meh, for the lack of editing, I added some posts since my first request was incomplete. Will that add to the waiting time?

They weren't bumps per se, as I added required info the same day or the day after I wrote the IP Excemption request.

I'm planning to play with my daughter (pass on the legacy), and try to lure my wife back to playing in the same process (She used to play with me on live)

Grail3r
03-05-2019, 07:47 PM
I have 5 kids who I would like to play as well.

Swish2
03-06-2019, 07:47 AM
Meh, for the lack of editing, I added some posts since my first request was incomplete. Will that add to the waiting time?

Depends if they do every request in a big batch together or not. Can only guess at how many are waiting at the moment.

aaezil
03-06-2019, 08:50 AM
You should post in your petition thread every 24 hours reminding them its not done yet so they can get to it a bit faster

Savvah
03-06-2019, 09:30 AM
I have a request in from a couple of weekends back. Hopefully it won't take 6 months.

Savvah
03-06-2019, 09:34 AM
I am in no position to complain or anything but I keep wondering if things might work out more smoothly if they just made the language clear that they would be banning people for two boxing or self buffing? I've not been around for twenty years for the most part and so I don't know if people who just want to play eq with their family are the exception or the rule. Happy trails

Savvah
03-06-2019, 09:36 AM
Lots of love to the people who work to keep shit running though.

Grail3r
03-06-2019, 06:40 PM
I am in no position to complain or anything but I keep wondering if things might work out more smoothly if they just made the language clear that they would be banning people for two boxing or self buffing? I've not been around for twenty years for the most part and so I don't know if people who just want to play eq with their family are the exception or the rule. Happy trails

They should just say no IP exemption . We already have True Box servers on Live with people using 6 computers .

https://tagn.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/oldschoolmultiboxing.jpg

Nagoya
03-06-2019, 11:16 PM
They should just say no IP exemption . We already have True Box servers on Live with people using 6 computers .

His mom must be so proud ♡

I Felt Nostalgic
03-06-2019, 11:23 PM
I too would like to box under the guise of it being my wife playing. Then I wouldn't have to beg for rezzes or ports.

Savvah
03-09-2019, 05:30 PM
I was invited to eq99 from a gaming friend who played on Red. I've not heard from him in some time. I like structured PVP to some extent but I used to play on the RP server in original EQ. I started soloing a wiz up but he's level 9 so I just want to play with my wife, no one even logs into Red for the most part and I don't know those few who do. *shrug*

White_knight
03-09-2019, 06:13 PM

if anything red99 taught me was that most people who box don't use IP exemptions because it increases your chance of getting caught.

...and the 2nd thing is that most IP exemption requests on red99 were false and just used to boot your toon from server quicker to log over in PvP when you "plug" / "go LD".

there was a dude on red99 that ran a wizard around with his bard on /autofollow and it would take a GM 5 seconds of watching him to know he was boxing and he never got suspended for it.

my guess too is 50% of EC Tunnel is boxed, and 50% of those toons that sit at afk camps killing a ph every 20-28mins are boxed too.

this server is rife with boxing that the common man isn't aware of.

Mead
03-09-2019, 07:12 PM

You should post in your petition thread every 24 hours reminding them its not done yet so they can get to it a bit faster

in the same thread

yup

Savvah
03-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Anyone thinking about playing Pantheon? I'm thinking about splurging on alpha.

Savvah
03-10-2019, 06:40 PM
I have always loved the core EQ community. Great people in my experience especially on the old RP server but it's a spirit that follows the game.

I Felt Nostalgic
03-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Anyone thinking about playing Pantheon? I'm thinking about splurging on alpha.

I am waiting until it is released. Been burned on too many games.

fadetree
03-10-2019, 07:42 PM
Got my hopes up for Pantheon, bought into alpha a while back. Will be unsurprised if it craps out, though.

Sonark
03-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Has no one ever considered the probability that people who multiquest aren't also the people that give the most money to this server to keep it going?

Same principle applies to Live.

Why would you permaban someone who pays for 6+ accounts every month because someone with 1-5 accounts complained about it?

I'm not saying everyone who boxes does, but I am saying none of us but the devs (or possibly just the guy who runs the donation page) know where the money comes from.

pallius
03-10-2019, 10:13 PM

I would just like to play with my wife legit.

Obviously if I wanted to be shady, I would just be shady.