PDA

View Full Version : Emarr. Kars, Dwarf Cleric.

Kars
03-05-2019, 02:07 AM
So... it's been awhile. Started on Erollisi Marr back in 1999, played heavily till ~2002, then off and on for a couple of years after.

I realize the chances are slim, and I'm not sure if I'm even posting in the right section of the forum (I just saw "server chat" and went for it), but am curious if anyone I knew would be around. Maybe a slimmer chance, anyone from the guild Lummox? At the onset, it was a higher level guild with mid-rank in the raidings chart. I know it carried on for awhile after I stopped, but myself, Zeppo, Boruin, Abneon... we started it. I was the guild leader for the first year maybe.

Anywho... Just looking for a bit of that old feeling. I'm old now, almost 40. Divorced, single father, and only have my daughter 50% of the time.. which means I don't really have much of a life the other 50% of the time.

-Kars

inigo1200
03-05-2019, 02:50 AM
Still lurking ;)

-Redawen

Bardp1999
03-05-2019, 04:06 AM
Sounds like you have come to the right place. I embrace you elf brother.

(Sorry I assumed your gender)

Edit: holy shit first post by Redawen in the 10 years?!

inigo1200
03-05-2019, 07:21 AM
Been sleeping.

Rygar
03-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Welcome! I was a Torv / RZ player .

I realize it's a long shot, but any chance you still have old log files or screenshots from back in the day? I use them to look for clues on how to improve the server and make it more accurate for its timeline.

Can run it through a script to remove any tells, etc if you are worried about any personal conversations.

nilbog
03-05-2019, 01:33 PM
Kars, I remember you my friend. I had several friends in Lummox and I might even have some screenshots.

I was Nilbog the half elf paladin in prekunark, then Nopie the erudite magician Kunark->.

Hope to see you around!

Kars
03-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Am encouraged just by the numerous replies to this post in such a short time!

I tried playing WoW recently, but the group concept there is nonexistent. If I wanted a single player experience, I'd stick to consoles. Over the last couple of days have been close to logging in, but the amount of content (and from what I've read much of it not great content) I'm afraid would be overwhelming and result in a different experience than what I remember. P99 sounds very interesting... I see a lot of people complaining about the grind, but I think the grind is one of the things I miss. The instant level 110 and then 2 hour levels in WoW is another thing that kept me from enjoying it. There's no feeling of reward. No build up of anticipation waiting for that last tick of xp to hear that wonderful "ding" sound. Progression servers seem like a good concept, but opening up new expansions every couple weeks seems too quick.

Are any of you on P99? Still on Emarr? The game I loved was really up to SoV... I came back for a short time after PoP was introduced, but something was missing and I couldn't keep logging in to just to be bummed that I wasn't finding it.

Whether I play or not.. and wherever I play if I do, thank you all for responding. I'm glad to see some of my old friends are alive and well.

-K