PDA

View Full Version : Reset Plane of Fear

azeth
03-07-2019, 02:38 PM
Look, new players never got a shot at Lustrous Russet armor. This server is meant to be a museum where people can experience ALL of the classic EQ content. It's just unfair that new players will never get to see LR armor drop.

Hotel
03-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Agree with your point that people primarily just want pixels from ST reset but this is a shit argument.

PoF encounters are the same as they were (idk maybe there were marginal differences but you get my point) but ST encounters are literally taken out of the game.

azeth
03-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Agree with your point that people primarily just want pixels from ST reset but this is a shit argument.

PoF encounters are the same as they were (idk maybe there were marginal differences but you get my point) but ST encounters are literally taken out of the game.

yea because ducking behind corners to avoid dragon AE's can't be found elsewhere

Hotel
03-07-2019, 02:44 PM
yea because ducking behind corners to avoid dragon AE's can't be found elsewhere

Idk why you continue to provide these shit arguments that obfuscate the main points.

You're not as smart as you think you are.

How about releasing warders back with only primal as droppables. Tons of ways to formulate this to make both sides happy.

You have warder loot or something? Grats.

Veleria
03-07-2019, 02:47 PM
I’m all for returning the warmers with no loot. Then only people who want the experience will kill them.

azeth
03-07-2019, 02:48 PM
I’m all for returning the warmers with no loot. Then only people who want the experience will kill them.

Yep. signed. do that

Sonark
03-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Idk why you continue to provide these shit arguments that obfuscate the main points.
Right?

loramin
03-07-2019, 02:57 PM

It's transparently obvious why. Dude has warder loot. Dude feels his warder loot will be less special if other people have it. And dude is deeply proud and feels special about having what others don't.

So dude very passionately defends why he should get to keep feeling special. Doesn't need logic or reason to enter in, he just wants to defend his special pixels.

azeth
03-07-2019, 02:58 PM
It's transparently obvious why. Dude has warder loot. Dude feels his warder loot will be less special if other people have it. And dude is deeply proud and feels special about having what others don't.

So dude very passionately defends why he should get to keep feeling special.

Loramin calling someone else "deeply passionate" about P99...

Today is 3/7/2019, mark it.

Lune
03-07-2019, 03:00 PM
people waking the sleeper and fucking future generations out of warder loot is classic unless you played on rallos zek or alkabor til modern times

loramin
03-07-2019, 03:09 PM
Loramin calling someone else "deeply passionate" about P99...

Today is 3/7/2019, mark it.

Oh I'm deeply (and quite arguably unhealthily) passionate about P99. And I'll admit, I am a bit proud of some of my pixels, like my 7th shawl, FD ring, or my six Driftwood Treasure Chests, because they were hard to get and I know not everyone has them.

But I don't feel proud about having gotten here five years before someone else and gotten to do something they didn't. My Druid got all of level 59 in a single day because of the 100% XP bonus, and that makes me happy, but I don't feel proud of the fact that I was lucky and happened to be playing that day while others weren't.

Personally I feel pride when I help the community. When I help someone learn to play their class just a smidge better, or when I add something to the wiki that others find useful. When someone sends me a tell and says "thanks for being a voice of reason in the forums", I feel proud about my posts, and the fact that they must have resonated with people.

So I'm not trying to say passion is bad, I'm just saying why take pride in being lucky enough to play here earlier, and why care so much about that pride that you need forcefully argue against others getting to have that luck?

azeth
03-07-2019, 03:10 PM
Guy, you are doing a lot of assuming about my motives for my opinion.

Sonark
03-07-2019, 03:11 PM
You're awful seems to be the introductory course on your reasoning.

But please. do go on.

azeth
03-07-2019, 03:12 PM
You're awful seems to be the introductory course on your reasoning.

But please. do go on.

Im so so sorry you'll never see a Warder. Like, my fucking heart is broken.

Sonark
03-07-2019, 03:17 PM
That's not adding anything new.

That's just reiteration of what is already known.

azeth
03-07-2019, 03:18 PM
not adding anything new.

reminds me of ST!

Sonark
03-07-2019, 03:19 PM
What would be new?

It's very old content.

loramin
03-07-2019, 03:20 PM
Im so so sorry you'll never see a Warder. Like, my fucking heart is broken.

FWIW I also think P99 will go on just fine without Sleeper ever respawning. Personally I'd like to think that someday I'll get to do the warders, but me and everyone else will have a chance to someday on Green.

Ultimately it's up to Rogean and what he wants. I just don't get this passion to argue so strongly against others getting a chance to have some fun, which is really all we're talking about here.

YendorLootmonkey
03-07-2019, 03:34 PM
I just don't get this passion to argue so strongly against others getting a chance to have some fun, which is really all we're talking about here.

Yes you do, you already covered it.

The haves are very passionate about protecting their special pixels AND rubbing it the faces of the have-nots just to be extra dickish. It makes their e-boners rock hard.

Evia
03-07-2019, 03:46 PM
They shouldn't reset the warders/sleeper because then you devalue everything ST/Sleeper/Warders are all about. The fact that you get a "1 and done" chance is half of the appeal. I get why ppl are sad/upset about it and advocating for a reset, but it would be a terrible move that would completely remove the prestigious meaning/lore behind the sleeper.

P.s. i have no warder loot and wish i could have a tink mask but shits classic.

DromalPhrenia
03-07-2019, 03:56 PM
Warders should come back because I want to see more Gnome Bards.

That's it, that's my entire position.

Sonark
03-07-2019, 03:59 PM
They shouldn't reset the warders/sleeper because then you devalue everything ST/Sleeper/Warders are all about. The fact that you get a "1 and done" chance is half of the appeal. I get why ppl are sad/upset about it and advocating for a reset, but it would be a terrible move that would completely remove the prestigious meaning/lore behind the sleeper.

P.s. i have no warder loot and wish i could have a tink mask but shits classic.Please look at the p99 Timeline at some point.

Just...please.

You can't "devalue" something that's 20 years ago and only had value for about a year on a server that takes YEARS to implement single expansions or patches.

You're making a mountain of a molehill, and appealing to..something. Nostalgia maybe.

Kika Maslyaka
03-07-2019, 04:44 PM
I was told P99 was Classic server - a way to re-experience things just like it was back then.
But BACK THEN - I had warders loot. If there is no warders loot on P99, then P99 is NOT CLASSIC!!!

Erati
03-07-2019, 05:50 PM

There’s nothing fun about killing Ventani, a dragon that has AE damage/slow and requires 12 clerics in a 1 second chain over a 15 min -25 min fight.

aaezil
03-07-2019, 06:02 PM
They shouldn't reset the warders/sleeper because then you devalue everything...

This is a video game everything inside of it is value-less

I Felt Nostalgic
03-07-2019, 06:29 PM
No other game will ever touch the douchebaggery of EQ players. Not by a long shot.

Ripqozko
03-07-2019, 06:39 PM
No other game will ever touch the douchebaggery of EQ players. Not by a long shot.

That's classic

Trzzle
03-08-2019, 06:47 AM
I have zero warder loot and still don't want ST reset.

Swish2
03-08-2019, 08:05 AM

https://i.imgur.com/io7EPBF.gif

Warders should come back

https://i.imgur.com/apRp7TQ.gif

<3

Jimjam
03-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Tldr.

Screw fear, the real fear zone is Temple of Cazic Thule!

Let's put a reset on that and allow the rubes to loot their rubicite armour!!

Moerne
03-08-2019, 04:05 PM
There’s nothing fun about killing Ventani, a dragon that has AE damage/slow and requires 12 clerics in a 1 second chain over a 15 min -25 min fight.

Ugh really? Let’s not reset the sleeper. As a cleric main, I find AoW tedious enough. This sounds miserable. Will no one think of the clerics??

Ennewi
03-08-2019, 04:39 PM
Tldr.

Screw fear, the real fear zone is Temple of Cazic Thule!

Let's put a reset on that and allow the rubes to loot their rubicite armour!!

https://i.imgur.com/jSGFUBB.jpg

Evia
03-08-2019, 07:09 PM
Please look at the p99 Timeline at some point.

Just...please.

You can't "devalue" something that's 20 years ago and only had value for about a year on a server that takes YEARS to implement single expansions or patches.

You're making a mountain of a molehill, and appealing to..something. Nostalgia maybe.

Timeline? What cause we're staying in velious?
This fact doesnt change the fact that THE SLEEPER is an iconic Everquest mob known as being "unkillable" and "only wakes once"

So I stand by what I say....you devalue The Sleeper by respawning him for anyone that cries hard enough. No wonder Everquest turned to shit eventually and games like WOW began flooding the market. Developers started listening to people like you.

I Felt Nostalgic
03-08-2019, 07:26 PM
Timeline? What cause we're staying in velious?
This fact doesnt change the fact that THE SLEEPER is an iconic Everquest mob known as being "unkillable" and "only wakes once"

So I stand by what I say....you devalue The Sleeper by respawning him for anyone that cries hard enough. No wonder Everquest turned to shit eventually and games like WOW began flooding the market. Developers started listening to people like you.

Your argument might work if P99 was actually run by Daybreak and costed money to play. I thought this server is meant for people to experience the game in a way you cannot on live servers.

Evia
03-08-2019, 07:39 PM
Your argument might work if P99 was actually run by Daybreak and costed money to play. I thought this server is meant for people to experience the game in a way you cannot on live servers.

Incorrect. This server is replicating classic Everquest from 99-01 as closely as possible. Meant to be a museum of sorts. Sleeper on live was NEVER respawned for people, so why would it be here? Because you and about 98% of the server missed out? It sucks but it’s the way the lore and the mob works and it’s always how it’s worked. Respawning it just because ppl cry is bad form. Good thing the people in charge seem to be classic purists (for the most part) so I don’t expect them to listen to all the tears.

I Felt Nostalgic
03-08-2019, 07:42 PM
Incorrect. This server is replicating classic Everquest from 99-01 as closely as possible. Meant to be a museum of sorts. Sleeper on live was NEVER respawned for people, so why would it be here? Because you and about 98% of the server missed out? It sucks but it’s the way the lore and the mob works and it’s always how it’s worked. Respawning it just because ppl cry is bad form. Good thing the people in charge seem to be classic purists (for the most part) so I don’t expect them to listen to all the tears.

There are a lot of things that are different here so who cares if some shit is respawned so other people could participate in fight and loots drops. It doesn't really matter to me though because I am casual scum.

Vianna
03-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Guy, you are doing a lot of assuming about my motives for my opinion.

Your motives are clear.

Kika Maslyaka
03-10-2019, 10:31 AM

Incorrect. The server isn't replicating 99-01 anymore. Its only replicating Late Velious and its stuck there.
Devs may as well change name to P-LateVelious, since there is nothing 99 about it left.

Sonark
03-10-2019, 01:45 PM
Incorrect. This server is replicating classic Everquest from 99-01 as closely as possible. Meant to be a museum of sorts.Of sorts.

Emphasis on. Sleeper on live was NEVER respawned for people, so why would it be here?/Because it's a museum of sorts.

A year after the Sleeper would have been spawned on just about any live server (except those who came late to the party) the game already had another expansion and gear that made the Warder drops look like dogshit. It had more story and content to move forward with.

This stagnant little pond has some high school seniors that not only don't ever want to graduate, but also don't want anyone else to, either.

The museum metaphor really likes to get thrown around lately, and I hold whoever started it personally responsible for a lot of this nonsense, whoever it was. Because you and about 98% of the server missed out?It'd be more like 99.9999% of the server, that .9 only growing as the game does.

I missed it on Live, and my life isn't the lesser for it, and it's not about that.

This insistence on sentimentality always comes from the people who, for sentimental reasons and whatever shallow justifications they can cobble together, are firmly against something that there isn't actually a good argument to support not doing It sucks but it’s the way the lore and the mob works and it’s always how it’s worked.Finding new ways to say Classic/not Classic doesn't give you a better argument. Respawning it just because ppl cry is bad form.What?

Reasonable requests for a reasonable action, which are then nearly always drowned out by the elitest of the leet neckbeards that are horrified at the idea that people might be able to do something they've done on an emulated server, isn't people crying.

The conversation usually goes "Hey, this is a pretty good idea for various reasons" and then people like you whine, and cry, and complain, and tell the people like me that we're being overly emotional and gotta git gud at being at a specific place in a specific time without the luxuy of a DeLorean. Good thing the people in charge seem to be classic purists (for the most part) so I don’t expect them to listen to all the tears.This server is about what the devs want to have in the game, and what they do not want to have in the game, and that is the final authority that governs the game.

But two years of content stretched out into nearly a decade at this point is baaaaasically the most unClassic thing imaginable.

Sonark
03-10-2019, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure how long people think it took for the world to move from 1999 to 2001, but you know that it's not 8 years, right?

But reality isn't Classic, either.

Kika Maslyaka
03-10-2019, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure how long people think it took for the world to move from 1999 to 2001, but you know that it's not 8 years, right?

But reality isn't Classic, either.

/\ This guy gets it.