PDA

View Full Version : Part of the Daybreak Agreement Officially Exposed: New Servers NOT Prevented

loramin
03-12-2019, 11:07 AM
So now it's official: Daybreak has told us what many have suspected, and in the process disproved another popular theory. The Daybreak agreement does not prevent P99 from launching new servers! However it does impact when they're allowed to launch those servers:

"We have more players now than we did in 2015 and our revenue has gone up," says Longdale. "And that's thanks to these servers. The Project 1999 guys are not malicious or trying to steal our money. So we just have an agreement in place that they don't launch stuff around the same time we do."

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-is-classic-mmo-everquest-still-alive-after-two-decades/

FWIW this seems like a totally reasonable ask on Daybreak's part, and a totally reasonable thing for P99 to give up, but I'm sure everyone here will have their own opinion.

Oleris
03-12-2019, 11:10 AM
40 minutes late on my response

green server October confirmed. P1999 10 year anniversary. Rotations for all!

Clazxiss
03-12-2019, 11:16 AM
So now it's official: Daybreak has told us what many have suspected, and in the process disproved another popular theory. The Daybreak agreement does not prevent P99 from launching new servers! However it does impact when they're allowed to launch those servers:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-is-classic-mmo-everquest-still-alive-after-two-decades/

FWIW this seems like a totally reasonable ask on Daybreak's part, and a totally reasonable thing for P99 to give up, but I'm sure everyone here will have their own opinion.

Very interesting. Wonder if Daybreak would be willing to share more information on this agreement.

Erati
03-12-2019, 11:28 AM
wonder how they feel about the 46 TAKP players...

Sonark
03-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Not Classic.

America
03-12-2019, 11:59 AM

this does not in reality produce insight into contract lettering. I think I would change your wording to: "So now it's unofficial!:"

Fammaden
03-12-2019, 12:08 PM
"One of our biggest lessons is that all an EverQuest player cares about is power," says Longdale. "Where's the raid, what does it drop, and how many times do I have to do it to get all the pieces?"

Way to know your customer base Daybreak, kudos. Hahaha.

Erati
03-12-2019, 12:23 PM
this does not in reality produce insight into contract lettering. I think I would change your wording to: "So now it's unofficial!:"

For all we know the agreement is about when patches are put out and a new server is still forbidden. Impossible to know really.

Things that make you go hmmm...

loramin
03-12-2019, 01:04 PM
40 minutes late on my response

green server October confirmed. P1999 10 year anniversary. Rotations for all!

Sorry, wasn't trying to "upstage you", but you buried the lead in that thread so I didn't think this had been posted yet.

For all we know the agreement is about when patches are put out and a new server is still forbidden. Impossible to know really.

Things that make you go hmmm...

Daybreak flat out said that the agreement was to limit when P99 released servers. Basic logic dictates that if they wanted to prevent new servers from being released, they'd say that. But clearly in that quote they don't: they say they're cool with P99, and all they care about is that P99 doesn't time server releases to conflict with their server releases.

Sure it's technically possible they just failed to mention that or lied about it ... but again normal/rational people wouldn't talk about the agreement like that while not mentioning or hiding a secret clause preventing new P99 servers.

And of course, long before this article there's always been the basic logic that "The entire point of Project 1999 is to create a true classic (ie. Green) server, and the P99 admins would never have entered into an agreement which thwarted the project's central purpose". This just gives official proof from Daybreak about what their motives are and why they entered into the agreement.

But look, I've been on these forums for a long time. I'm 100% sure that neither this nor any other proof will be enough for some people. Hell, I guarantee there would be people who would wig out about conspiracies even if there was video evidence of the Daybreak people and Rogean personally signing a contract, and the entire contract was captured on video.

Erati
03-12-2019, 01:24 PM
lol’d

The article is an article, why would DBG tell the entirety of the agreement. Hopefully its as you say but to dismiss the possibility is a little naive.

Keza
03-12-2019, 02:15 PM
"We're not focused on bringing new players in for our current products. But for future games, we definitely want to bring in a whole new audience. Let's be real: our core audience does skew a lot older than most other games. They maybe have a greater amount of disposable income, while younger players might not have as much money to spend on something frivolous like a mount. In a free-to-play world, we do rely heavily on people spending money on stuff like this. So in the future we'll need to engage new players to extend the brand, and give it new life with a younger audience. A staggering number of players have passed through EverQuest in the last 20 years, and we still get new ones who have been drawn in by the nostalgia of the classic servers."

Potentially good news for p99 as far as green, but I can't help but wonder what this means for live.

They are trying to "lure" old players into playing classic servers, while whatever the future of Everquest holds is aimed at a completely new audience, presumably based around a f2p aspect aimed at people without disposable income. Now I'm not against f2p or anything, but designing f2p games for children doesn't sound very promising. I mean not many kids today would like Everquest. I loved it as a kid but would I if I was in todays video game saturated world? Probably not. Although I'd like to think I wouldn't be doing the floss in a video somewhere on youtube. Sounds unfortunate for preexisting fans in any case.

Interesting use of the word 'lure' in this article. Generally a lure isn't meant to be beneficial to the one lured.

*They also imply that any future iterations of Everquest (or whatever) will force grouping, by claiming that kiting was an unintended mechanic and in the next project people will need each other. I'd really like to see a f2p social MMO. I doubt it would work in today's climate but who knows.

Fammaden
03-12-2019, 03:22 PM
"We're not focused on bringing new players in for our current products. But for future games, we definitely want to bring in a whole new audience. Let's be real: our core audience does skew a lot older than most other games. They maybe have a greater amount of disposable income, while younger players might not have as much money to spend on something frivolous like a mount. In a free-to-play world, we do rely heavily on people spending money on stuff like this. So in the future we'll need to engage new players to extend the brand, and give it new life with a younger audience. A staggering number of players have passed through EverQuest in the last 20 years, and we still get new ones who have been drawn in by the nostalgia of the classic servers."

Potentially good news for p99 as far as green, but I can't help but wonder what this means for live.

----

Interesting use of the word 'lure' in this article. Generally a lure isn't meant to be beneficial to the one lured.

That's just coded talk that means "repeated short term income from TLP server launches and cash for in game mechanics is our cash cow". Which is essentially the state of modern gaming in general not just EQ live.

Foxplay
03-12-2019, 05:10 PM
All they have to do is continue to re-launch new TLP servers.... p99 cant launch a new server if daybreak launches a new TLP every few months and claims p99 green would be "too close" to their TLP launches every 3 months or so heh

Ennewi
03-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Loophole: Turn red server to purple or green.

America
03-12-2019, 05:57 PM
Sorry, wasn't trying to "upstage you", but you buried the lead in that thread so I didn't think this had been posted yet.

Daybreak flat out said that the agreement was to limit when P99 released servers. Basic logic dictates that if they wanted to prevent new servers from being released, they'd say that. But clearly in that quote they don't: they say they're cool with P99, and all they care about is that P99 doesn't time server releases to conflict with their server releases.

Sure it's technically possible they just failed to mention that or lied about it ... but again normal/rational people wouldn't talk about the agreement like that while not mentioning or hiding a secret clause preventing new P99 servers.

And of course, long before this article there's always been the basic logic that "The entire point of Project 1999 is to create a true classic (ie. Green) server, and the P99 admins would never have entered into an agreement which thwarted the project's central purpose". This just gives official proof from Daybreak about what their motives are and why they entered into the agreement.

But look, I've been on these forums for a long time. I'm 100% sure that neither this nor any other proof will be enough for some people. Hell, I guarantee there would be people who would wig out about conspiracies even if there was video evidence of the Daybreak people and Rogean personally signing a contract, and the entire contract was captured on video.

why would they admit to being party poopers when they can just play up their friendliness with the community and nobody can say shit contrary cuz NDA.

of course I am arguing frivolously, imagining a paradigm where the case is not that new servers are halted because churn complicates the administration of [REDACTED] and devalues [REDACTED]

I Felt Nostalgic
03-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Loophole: Turn red server to purple or green.

This is the best option.

bluntfang
03-12-2019, 06:24 PM
i think i'd rather let a lawyer tell me what the agreement says and not what some schmuck got quoted in a crappy dated publication.

loramin
03-12-2019, 07:30 PM
i think i'd rather let a lawyer tell me what the agreement says and not what some schmuck got quoted in a crappy dated publication.

Yeah, I'll just wait for that imaginary lawyer to show up and read that agreement for you ...

https://i.imgur.com/9Mwi8Ir.gif
https://i.imgur.com/ekJ48.gif
https://i.imgur.com/yhpeb5w.gif

Razdeline
03-12-2019, 07:50 PM

This is the same thing we heard when the whole daybreak thing went down. This is old news pal.

fastboy21
03-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Why does the article say repeatedly that the first progression server launched in 2015?

This is just not true...the first progression servers launched in either 2006 or 2007 iirc.

Does Longdale really not know the history of EQ?

I Felt Nostalgic
03-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Why does the article say repeatedly that the first progression server launched in 2015?

This is just not true...the first progression servers launched in either 2006 or 2007 iirc.

To be fair, she is like 138 years old.

Muggens
03-13-2019, 08:32 AM
It's not official. No certainty of a Green p99 server, we'll just have to wait and see.
Why such a hypeman for Green?

Nice that EQ is 20 years tho thats cool

Secrets
03-13-2019, 03:13 PM

First one under Daybreak's management.

maskedmelon
03-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Turn red server to purple or green.

DiogenesThaDogg
03-13-2019, 06:14 PM
It's not official. No certainty of a Green p99 server, we'll just have to wait and see.
Why such a hypeman for Green?

Nice that EQ is 20 years tho thats cool

green sounds like fun, a lot of people want a fresh start. a new grind to conquer, you know.

Fifield
03-13-2019, 09:17 PM
green sounds like fun, a lot of people want a fresh start. a new grind to conquer, you know.

Foxplay
03-13-2019, 10:44 PM

I feel like people should temper their expectations with some realism as to some of the problems that will happen upon a green99 release...not saying it won't be fun but thinking it will be all sunshine and rainbow unicorn fart's is overly optimistic at best

1) The Initial Rush

With any MMO or fresh start server release there is always an initial rush of people leveling in a competitive nature to "get ahead" of the curve of progress. On brand new MMO's its typically not much of a problem, the basement dwellers with no significant other or pesky job to maintain will break away from the crowd after the first 8-10hours rather easily (while others go to sleep, work, wife faction) they continue and the gap continues each day subsequently.

Now crank that dial from nolife playing a new game hes still learning to p99 neckbeard levels of ridiculous on a game that has been for the most part completely mathed out to near speed-running levels by some. You will see guilds / individuals sharing accounts on bards constantly swarming 24/7 leveling toon's and abusing zones to get ahead (They may have to sleep but their character never has too when its shared).

I'm not saying this competition rush is bad and can't be fun, but it should go without saying that a competitive nature over limited resources will at times bring out the worst in some people

2) Pre-Nerf Poopsock

A lot of the initial rush for some will be to lock down Manastone and Guise camp's / Locket & CoS after Kunark release / and Holgresh Elder Beads after Velious release. This will probably be even more coordinated in terms of guilds or players handing off the camp to their friends working in shifts to essentially keep it perma-camped for days if not weeks.

Again not saying it will be impossible for your average player to get in on them...but expect quite a lot of greed and less than socially savvy players to be doing the same trying their best to keep it for themselves as long as possible.

3) Raid Rush is already coordinated (probably)

For those that are fantasizing about a fair and clean slate in terms of raiding...

Don't be surprised when you see well organized, hardcore players from day 1 all working together. Its not going to be a "oh get to max level (50) and then start making guilds and see who does best" experience like other MMO's. It would be naive to not think that some of the more hardcore players / guilds already have a plan in place for a green99 release

While it may not be a perfect transition guild for guild, expect to see a lot of the same players on green99. This pre-planning structure and coordination will give them better chances and getting ahead and expect to see some very fast kill's on green99...that rush for raid pixels might be over before most players even killing goblins in highkeep

Not saying they wont earn it...but for those that play after work, or on the weekends don't be surprised when your just getting into Oasis or Highpass and you suddently see a "Lady Vox has been defeated by Detoxxxx!" Sever announcement

4) Guide / GM scarcity + added stress

Think it goes without saying p99 is running on very minimal guide / GM staff currently. While this can certainly improve over time I can only imagine the added stress, petition surge, and amount of butthurt they will have to deal with when it comes to a new fresh pixel race (green99). Guide's / GM's are people too, everyone makes mistakes and everyone has different motivations and tolerances for different activities. So lets not forget that when Green99 releases for those that do decide to play on it, lets try to be decent to each other. If not for our own sake, then for the guides and GM's sake that have to answer petitions and make rulings all day.

5) Split Servers can = Split Community

Whenever you open up a new server you will inevitably take away from other servers. While I don't think the desparity between people rerolling and new players to Green99 would make the situation remotely comprable to Blue99 vs. Red99 population. Blue99 would most defiantly take a sizeable population drop...Now it could be a healthy population drop... or it could possibly spiral to a unhealthy population that's far too low as people rush to green for the "new hotness" gold-rush

Green99 will most likely suffer an overcrowding problem (possibly worse than blue99) While Blue99 will either sink to a dangerously low pop. or to a more healthy population than it currently is, tough to predict.

I Felt Nostalgic
03-13-2019, 10:54 PM
I feel like people should temper their expectations with some realism as to some of the problems that will happen upon a green99 release...not saying it won't be fun but thinking it will be all sunshine and rainbow unicorn fart's is overly optimistic at best

1) The Initial Rush

With any MMO or fresh start server release there is always an initial rush of people leveling in a competitive nature to "get ahead" of the curve of progress. On brand new MMO's its typically not much of a problem, the basement dwellers with no significant other or pesky job to maintain will break away from the crowd after the first 8-10hours rather easily (while others go to sleep, work, wife faction) they continue and the gap continues each day subsequently.

Now crank that dial from nolife playing a new game hes still learning to p99 neckbeard levels of ridiculous on a game that has been for the most part completely mathed out to near speed-running levels by some. You will see guilds / individuals sharing accounts on bards constantly swarming 24/7 leveling toon's and abusing zones to get ahead (They may have to sleep but their character never has too when its shared).

I'm not saying this competition rush is bad and can't be fun, but it should go without saying that a competitive nature over limited resources will at times bring out the worst in some people

2) Pre-Nerf Poopsock

A lot of the initial rush for some will be to lock down Manastone and Guise camp's / Locket & CoS after Kunark release / and Holgresh Elder Beads after Velious release. This will probably be even more coordinated in terms of guilds or players handing off the camp to their friends working in shifts to essentially keep it perma-camped for days if not weeks.

Again not saying it will be impossible for your average player to get in on them...but expect quite a lot of greed and less than socially savvy players to be doing the same trying their best to keep it for themselves as long as possible.

For those that are fantasizing about a fair and clean slate in terms of raiding...

Don't be surprised when you see well organized, hardcore players from day 1 all working together. Its not going to be a "oh get to max level (50) and then start making guilds and see who does best" experience like other MMO's. It would be naive to not think that some of the more hardcore players / guilds already have a plan in place for a green99 release

While it may not be a perfect transition guild for guild, expect to see a lot of the same players on green99. This pre-planning structure and coordination will give them better chances and getting ahead and expect to see some very fast kill's on green99...that rush for raid pixels might be over before most players even killing goblins in highkeep

Not saying they wont earn it...but for those that play after work, or on the weekends don't be surprised when your just getting into Oasis or Highpass and you suddently see a "Lady Vox has been defeated by Detoxxxx!" Sever announcement

Think it goes without saying p99 is running on very minimal guide / GM staff currently. While this can certainly improve over time I can only imagine the added stress, petition surge, and amount of butthurt they will have to deal with when it comes to a new fresh pixel race (green99). Guide's / GM's are people too, everyone makes mistakes and everyone has different motivations and tolerances for different activities. So lets not forget that when Green99 releases for those that do decide to play on it, lets try to be decent to each other. If not for our own sake, then for the guides and GM's sake that have to answer petitions and make rulings all day.

Whenever you open up a new server you will inevitably take away from other servers. While I don't think the desparity between people rerolling and new players to Green99 would make the situation remotely comprable to Blue99 vs. Red99 population. Blue99 would most defiantly take a sizeable population drop...Now it could be a healthy population drop... or it could possibly spiral to a unhealthy population that's far too low as people rush to green for the "new hotness" gold-rush

Green99 will most likely suffer an overcrowding problem (possibly worse than blue99) While Blue99 will either sink to a dangerously low pop. or to a more healthy population than it currently is, tough to predict.

https://i.imgur.com/XarCyeH.jpg

Fammaden
03-14-2019, 06:49 AM
Yes, if you have dreams of camping manastones or being one of the first to kill Naggy/Vox but you also have limited playtimes, you're in for a rude awakening.

But if you just want a fresh start where the majority of the player base will be on equal footing it would provide that. It would take a long time for the current types of plat hoarding to build up. There won't be seven years of Kunark creating a glut of items/plat/epics and 60 alts. Basically you could have a sort of ALS experience without having to impose artificial restrictions on interacting with the rest of the community at large.

I think a lot of people here make the assumption that people are excited for green for the end game, when in reality many just want to see a reset on the economy, gear, and twinking. The effect it would have on the populations of the two servers remains to be seen, but right now culling some population from blue doesn't sound all that bad.

Muggens
03-14-2019, 10:14 AM

Im not sayin Green cant be fun and all, I just dont see the point in hyping/guarranteeing it's release.
The intent is there, but it might not come to fruition. Like many things in life

DiogenesThaDogg
03-14-2019, 10:40 AM

1) The Initial Rush

2) Pre-Nerf Poopsock

This is a fair, lucid warning/criticism that I entirely agree with. That being said,

https://i.imgur.com/tEw3w9E.jpg

bluntfang
03-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I'll just wait for that imaginary lawyer to show up and read that agreement for you ...

honestly sounds better than having an unhealthy obsession about something that will probably never happen.

loramin
03-14-2019, 10:57 AM
honestly sounds better than having an unhealthy obsession about something that will probably never happen.

You're probably too new to know this, but your account has an old date so maybe you will. There were people like you with Velious also. They endless shared their oh-so-certain opinions about how Velious was never going to happen, and berated others for saying that Velious was coming (and that it it just took time).

Literally for years those people would crap all over the forums saying "haha, I told you so, Velious is never happening" ... right up until Velious (or at least the beta) dropped.

I Felt Nostalgic
03-14-2019, 01:36 PM
You're probably too new to know this, but your account has an old date so maybe you will. There were people like you with Velious also. They endless shared their oh-so-certain opinions about how Velious was never going to happen, and berated others for saying that Velious was coming (and that it it just took time).

Literally for years those people would crap all over the forums saying "haha, I told you so, Velious is never happening" ... right up until Velious (or at least the beta) dropped.

This gives me hope for a Luclin release. :)

loramin
03-14-2019, 01:39 PM
This gives me hope for a Luclin release. :)

LOL, then allow me to crush that hope :D The only consistent thing the devs have been saying since the beginning (besides "we're going to make a true classic server someday") is that they will never add Luclin on P99.

Really, if you want a true classic P99-style Luclin server, you're going to have to do what the P99 team did and make everything from scratch (well, from the stock EQEmulator code at least) ... or you'll have to settle for a less-classic version (which allows boxing) like that Tak server. The P99 team has a virtually zero chance of involvement, and they have been nothing but clear and consistent about this for a decade.

I Felt Nostalgic
03-14-2019, 02:10 PM
LOL, then allow me to crush that hope :D The only consistent thing the devs have been saying since the beginning (besides "we're going to make a true classic server someday") is that they will never add Luclin on P99.

Really, if you want a true classic P99-style Luclin server, you're going to have to do what the P99 team did and make everything from scratch (well, from the stock EQEmulator code at least) ... or you'll have to settle for a less-classic version (which allows boxing) like that Tak server. The P99 team has a virtually zero chance of involvement, and they have been nothing but clear and consistent about this for a decade.

You say that until one day the server is magically upgraded to Luclin. :p

bluntfang
03-14-2019, 03:43 PM

either way there are better ways for you to spend your time than to spam "GREEN INC" on every thread. Imagine in 10 years, are you going to look back and think "Man, I'm really glad I was super informative to players about green p99" ?

Alternatively, the wiki work you do is awesome. Thanks for that, it actually effects others positively.

loramin
03-14-2019, 04:13 PM
either way there are better ways for you to spend your time than to spam "GREEN INC" on every thread. Imagine in 10 years, are you going to look back and think "Man, I'm really glad I was super informative to players about green p99" ?

Alternatively, the wiki work you do is awesome. Thanks for that, it actually effects others positively.

I have 4,286 posts on this forum currently (not counting RnF). Less than 1% (probably less than 0.1%, maybe even less than 0.01%) of them are "green inc", and even with those it's not like I'm just jumping into a random conversation and yelling "GREEN!" When I post about Green it's always a response to the topic at hand ... usually a misinformed person saying something false. I like to challenge misinformation with real information.

I'm pretty sure this is the only thread I've ever started on the topic, and I only started it because I've seen so many people claiming that Daybreak won't let P99 have new servers, and this article gave some pretty solid support against that (although, as I admitted, it is not a copy of the Daybreak agreement, which obviously we'll never get but would be true "proof").

But I'm glad you appreciate the wiki work :)

P.S. Oh, and for the record, you want "affects others" in that instance (sorry, it's the Lit Major in me).

Nirgon
03-15-2019, 10:50 AM
Ready for a server where there aren't people with 10 fully buffed epic lvl 60s camped out all over Norrath

aaezil
03-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Its so easy to make loramin ‘sperg out and type walls of text - you would think he would stop taking the bait by now

loramin
03-15-2019, 11:17 AM
Its so easy to make loramin ‘sperg out and type walls of text - you would think he would stop taking the bait by now

If your goal in life is to "make Loramin 'sperg out and type walls of text", you need new life goals :p

Tuurin
03-15-2019, 11:21 AM
Ready for a server where there aren't people with 10 fully buffed epic lvl 60s camped out all over Norrath

So like the first 3 months of Green? :D

bluntfang
03-15-2019, 11:22 AM

i just want him to stop talking about the p99 devs and daybreak employees like he's a staff member who has access to privileged information.

loramin
03-15-2019, 11:30 AM
i just want him to stop talking about the p99 devs and daybreak employees like he's a staff member who has access to privileged information.

Everything I say about the staff comes from reading the posts they make on the forums. I don't have or pretend to have special access to any secret or privileged information: I just pay attention, and I've been here for about half a decade.

If you don't believe me when I say Green is the entire reason for this project's existence, that's fine: go read what Rogean and Nilbog have to say about it (use Google because this forum's search isn't very good at finding old posts from specific people). Or you can complain about what I say like I'm making up some sort of secret knowledge, when all I'm doing is repeating what you can read for yourself: your call.

Tuurin
03-15-2019, 11:41 AM

Is it ok if he pretends that he's a magic wielding shaman who can pull a dog out of his ass and use it to beat up on trolls and frog-people? Just no pretending to be an expert on message board content, then? :D

Hagglebaron
03-18-2019, 06:53 PM
Has there been any hint from Nilbog/Rogean and Co about the possibility of green in the past couple years? I retired awhile back, saying I'd return for a fresh green romp. Every time I check back in to these forums though there doesn't seem to be any word on it.

loramin
03-18-2019, 06:57 PM
Has there been any hint from Nilbog/Rogean and Co about the possibility of green in the past couple years? I retired awhile back, saying I'd return for a fresh green romp. Every time I check back in to these forums though there doesn't seem to be any word on it.

Green is the entire point of Project 1999, and the devs have been very clear about this in the past (although for the record, they never call it "Green" or "Recycle Server"; those are both player names).

So, unless you see either Rogean or Nilbog posting that they are hanging up their hat and have given up on this whole "as-classic-as-we-can-make-it classic EQ server project" idea (ie. Project 1999), it's still in the works. But as often needs to be repeated, they are in no rush whatsoever, and given that Velious took seven years we should all expect to be waiting for quite awhile still.

Hagglebaron
03-18-2019, 06:59 PM
Green is the entire point of Project 1999, and the devs have been very clear about this in the past (although for the record, they never call it "Green" or "Recycle Server"; those are both player names).

So, unless you see either Rogean or Nilbog posting that they are hanging up their hat and have given up on this whole "as-classic-as-we-can-make-it classic EQ server project" idea (ie. Project 1999), it's still in the works. But as often needs to be repeated, they are in no rush whatsoever, and given that Velious took seven years we should all expect to be waiting for quite awhile still.

Nice, good stuff. Pantheon seems to be ages off, I imagine we may see a green before Pantheon's release.

Safon
03-18-2019, 07:08 PM
Man oh man, how the years have come and gone. Would love a new green server.

It's been 10 years! Just realized that. And I never even made Planar Protector...weak.

Issar
03-18-2019, 07:19 PM
Nice, good stuff. Pantheon seems to be ages off, I imagine we may see a green before Pantheon's release.

I hear you. Pantheon is starting to ramp up, but they are redoing a lot of art assets, which tells me they are a year or two from Beta still.

With regard to Green, everything that Loramin has stated is accurate based on the comments from the devs. Until the final patch before Luclin is applied to the Blue server, we will not see a Green server.

The two releases might be neck and neck, Haggle :)

Hagglebaron
03-18-2019, 07:24 PM
I hear you. Pantheon is starting to ramp up, but they are redoing a lot of art assets, which tells me they are a year or two from Beta still.

With regard to Green, everything that Loramin has stated is accurate based on the comments from the devs. Until the final patch before Luclin is applied to the Blue server, we will not see a Green server.

The two releases might be neck and neck, Haggle :)

Nice! Kind of wish I didn't give all my shit away when I left P99, I've got the itch again but I'm definitely not grinding my way up from nothing again. Reserving that for P99 Green :)

JDFriend99
03-18-2019, 11:43 PM
First one under Daybreak's management.

OMG secrets haven't seen you post in ages. It's lightblade from hunters old realm.

JDFriend99
03-18-2019, 11:45 PM
If your goal in life is to "make Loramin 'sperg out and type walls of text", you need new life goals :p

He does this for a life. He climbed all over my ass and then wait for it... he got quiet and Llandris strolled in and started slashing suspects.

Aaezil is a fool, wish they could silence him.

JDFriend99
03-18-2019, 11:51 PM

Your accurate man. I've read posts in the past as in 3 years ago from staff talking about luclin in discussion and polls were taken. They would've never asked for polls if they didn't suspect it was feasible.

Why there has to be people who are dead certain this or that will or will not happen is beyond me. Acting like they have Rogean or nilbogs cell number and have regular slumber parties with em.

Everything is pure speculation. However you provided proof of continued support from daybreak in the way of allowing expansions as they deem OK to release.

And why would we need a green server anyhow. Would it not be easier to server wipe here and restart the journey then to run a new server from fresh start and an old one?

aaezil
03-19-2019, 12:22 AM
He does this for a life. He climbed all over my ass and then wait for it... he got quiet and Llandris strolled in and started slashing suspects.

Aaezil is a fool, wish they could silence him.

triggered!

JDFriend99
03-19-2019, 12:56 AM
Sigh

aaezil
03-19-2019, 12:57 AM
Sigh

exactly what i did when you posted rmt links!

mumpz
03-19-2019, 09:34 AM
i would be excited about an october green server.

my 2 biggest things are:

if the plan is to eventually merge blue and green, what's the plan for duplicate names?

my thoughts are raiding will continue on blue as normal for a while and be largely unchanged until green gets kunark. once velious comes out, this is particularly fantastic because having two instances of ToV will allow more players to contest ToV loot. additionally, this plan helps deal with warder loot woes.