PDA

View Full Version : Try Red (You will regret it)

White_knight
03-24-2019, 12:35 AM
Here's a sample of the cool and normals that inhabit the servers:

Exhibit 1:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320549

Exhibit 2:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315529

Exhibit 3:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305866

Exhibit 4:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311625

wwoneo
03-24-2019, 12:48 AM
This is why red server needs to exist; keep the trogs away from blue.

indiscriminate_hater
03-24-2019, 02:49 AM
#4 is quality

DMN
03-24-2019, 02:53 AM
There's PvP on the PvP server. No wai.

elwing
03-24-2019, 03:02 AM
Panem et circenses

Foxplay
03-24-2019, 03:44 AM
No

DiogenesThaDogg
03-24-2019, 05:55 AM
I wouldn't try red server even if I had to try red server.

derpcake2
03-24-2019, 09:06 AM
red is more entertaining then blue for sure

blue has the charade, red doesn't, obesity and unemployment levels are equal

source: shit people post

Bboboo
03-24-2019, 09:46 AM
moving to shitty 'try red' gifs

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-24-2019, 11:44 AM
bless casey

Dru
03-25-2019, 02:34 AM
Been playing red and just got a breeze from an enchanter and had a nice group in qeynos aqueducts...

Pyrion
03-25-2019, 05:48 AM
Red is for you if:

* You like low zone populations (most camp spots are free most of the time)
* You have a decent frustration threshold (you will probably get killed some times, and it will often happen unfairly)
* You like to progress fast in groups. 6 men groups are kinda rare on red but when they do happen, xp will really fly. 4 levels per hour even in your 30ties are possible.

It's not for you if:
* You are easily frustrated by unfair behaviour.
* You can't stand people who are on a power trip
* You want a group every time while leveling

As a notice, when i started on red some people were incredibly welcoming and i was gifted stuff that would have taken me months to get on blue. There are a lot of really nice players on red... but of course red also attracts all the sociopaths.

Acidreams
03-25-2019, 06:02 AM
Amazing insight into peoples lives around eq1999.. they really leave it all out in the open without shame. Fascinating.

ZiggyTheMuss
03-25-2019, 07:27 AM
red is more entertaining then blue for sure

blue has the charade, red doesn't, obesity and unemployment levels are equal

source: shit people post

Why isn’t red a reality show already? 20 players in a house LANing it up and every week someone gets maced.

Clazxiss
03-25-2019, 03:17 PM
Red is for you if:

* You like low zone populations (most camp spots are free most of the time)
* You have a decent frustration threshold (you will probably get killed some times, and it will often happen unfairly)
* You like to progress fast in groups. 6 men groups are kinda rare on red but when they do happen, xp will really fly. 4 levels per hour even in your 30ties are possible.

It's not for you if:
* You are easily frustrated by unfair behaviour.
* You can't stand people who are on a power trip
* You want a group every time while leveling

As a notice, when i started on red some people were incredibly welcoming and i was gifted stuff that would have taken me months to get on blue. There are a lot of really nice players on red... but of course red also attracts all the sociopaths.

This is a great summary of what to expect on red. Now I'll add to your list.

Despite the low population, Red is the definition of a social server. The people who help organize groups, travel, and questing, will be the ones to succeed in the game. Unlike blue, you have to socially put yourself out there to get XP groups going. If you're patient and make this happen, you will level. That simple.

Nirgon
03-25-2019, 03:34 PM
At least the use of shadow step isn't banned when foot racing without scale of wolf for a mob

Do y'all bluebies realize how retarded ur server is

It's so over farmed it reminds me on an episode of hoarders

The poop lady one is good btw

karsten
03-25-2019, 04:00 PM
I like red for two main reasons:

1. you don't have to compete with 300 people in your guild for raid loot
2. you can literally fight someone for the precious treasures that you crave

also, most of the people on the red forums don't actually play on red server, for what that's worth

White_knight
03-25-2019, 05:21 PM
Why isn’t red a reality show already? 20 players in a house LANing it up and every week someone gets maced.

That's pretty much what it is at present anyhow, just replace "LAN" with "boxing".

I also love the arguement that red99 is great because camps are open all the time. It's a perfect example of the diseased membrane you need to enjoy the current state of red (hint: camps are open because there is literally not enough players to make groups for even 2% the camps in game, ponder this). Everyone has 10 toons because they need a spread of toons across the level ranges just form group.

As a former red99 player most of the people the defend red99 on the forums generally were pretty weird people ingame so they kind of group together ingame and have a sanctuary now.

It's a freak show - penial colony of the diseased, just read the threads I posted.

Oh and anyone saying they play for the PvP is laughable. We all know you aren't there for PvP. That's another diseased statement.

karsten
03-25-2019, 05:42 PM
man you have some unhealthy hate for the red server -- like 75% of your posts on forums are about how much you hate it. We get it bro <3

I like red quite a bit for the reasons mentioned in my previous post.

Also, I will add that our PvE crew is top notch, doing all mobs other than aow and tunare each week. It's a solid community of our raiders, there's pvp when you want it, both at top level and lower level. There's less of a grind due to the xp bonus, and you'll find some cool&normal folks. And, also some weirdos -- the difference is that on red they're overt rather than on blue where many are covert.

All in all, having played on both blue and red for many years, I like red as being a more honest server. Also, there is no variance for, as an example, a Tormax poopsock at 7am.

DiogenesThaDogg
03-25-2019, 06:43 PM
WoW pvp is objectively better than EQ pvp, don't @ me

Swish2
03-25-2019, 06:50 PM
man you have some unhealthy hate for the red server -- like 75% of your posts on forums are about how much you hate it. We get it bro <3

I like red as being a more honest server.

White_knight
03-25-2019, 06:59 PM

I like red quite a bit for the reasons mentioned in my previous post.

Also, I will add that our PvE crew is top notch, doing all mobs other than aow and tunare each week. It's a solid community of our raiders, there's pvp when you want it, both at top level and lower level. There's less of a grind due to the xp bonus, and you'll find some cool&normal folks. And, also some weirdos -- the difference is that on red they're overt rather than on blue where many are covert.

All in all, having played on both blue and red for many years, I like red as being a more honest server. Also, there is no variance for, as an example, a Tormax poopsock at 7am.

Your view is skewed because you're one of the people with 15 level 60 alts that raids an entire severs' raid content weekly then sits in PoM for 10 hrs a day between raids farming cards for who knows whats reasons - of course you think it's amazing. But that's your diseased membrane doing the talking.

Red99 isnt any reflection on any typical EQ experience, that's why it's a server inhabited with people who dont function as normal people for the most part in their real lives, or in a normal EQ setting.

How many level 60s in NToV gear is this going to take for some people to figure out. For normal people 1 maybe 2 and for the mentally unadjusted quite a few more.

P.s. Lampooning someone for pointing this out just further proves why people shouldn't play on red99 as it's some dirty cult like server where talking the truth results in an expulsion.

White_knight
03-25-2019, 07:05 PM
If any current red99 player can give an answer to this simple question it would be great:

If red99 is so great and fun of a server, why is it that there are only 80-100 players on the server?

Dru
03-26-2019, 05:23 AM
If any current red99 player can give an answer to this simple question it would be great:

If red99 is so great and fun of a server, why is it that there are only 80-100 players on the server?

Because all the newbs and sociopaths play on blue.

You actually have to be pretty good to play on Red, not some manipulative whatever trying to ride the coat tails of others

Dru
03-26-2019, 06:02 AM
Just kidding anyway. Im sure most of it boils down to personal preference and many people play on both.

snyder43
04-01-2019, 06:19 PM

For me it really boiled down to several misconceptions about the server in general, in part thanks to the many server trolls that exist on these forums. My main misconceptions were:

1.) I knew there was an exp bonus, but I didn't realize that a full group would level ~3.9 times faster on Red than on Blue
2.) I thought that a PvP death would result in the loss of your pp and one item, and I hated the idea of losing a high-end item to an unfair PvP death. You still lose all your pp, but no items are lost.
3.) I thought that there was no level limitations, and that a level 60 could kill newbs all day. In reality, PvP is only enabled for people within ±4 levels of you. Also, PvP is not enabled for level 1's.
4.) I didn't realize that you could call Loot-and-Scoot to prevent from being corpse-camped all day.
5.) I thought the raiders on Red would be more hardcore than on Blue. In reality, Kittens is a Hardcore Raid Guild compared to Apex or The Heretic.

If it wasn't for the Sunday that the Blue login server was down, I would have never tried Red.

heartbrand
04-01-2019, 08:52 PM
I can’t really think of a comparison of a stagnant game that is played by the same people for 10 years straight killing the same mobs for the same loot. That is probably why the pop for red is sub 100.

Cen
04-01-2019, 08:55 PM

If project 1999 is so good why does wow have millions of players and costs money but p99 is free and only has like two thousand at a time ?

Don't answer that seriously

MiRo2
04-01-2019, 10:27 PM
I tried Red and regret it.

I've tried going back to Blue but I just can't stand it anymore.