PDA

View Full Version : Rooting mobs in ToV

Wallicker
04-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Not sure how this will change anything... will remain a coth race amongst the top guilds who have numerous coth mages set all over ToV and the ability to camp out tons of players in ToV. I for one would rather see it stay how it is vs rooted mobs. I can only imagine the time required from wiping up at vulak vs. a wipe at the entrance as well. Keep it the same or a different solution would be my vote. Really the only complaint people have with ToV is casuals not getting pixels(I am not in an upper tier raid guild). Why not one extra earthquake a month where each guild can only loot 3 dragons, this would get everyone extra pixels and all the guilds would work together to get it done quicker. It would get some smaller guilds experience, less experienced pullers in big guilds a chance to learn first hand and everyone gets loot.

Molitoth
04-06-2019, 12:54 PM
Putting a cap on the amount of ToV targets that guilds can kill per cycle is really the only good option.

And really this doesn't even need GM intervention. But why should the top guild really give a shit about any other players? They have 400 mouths to feed.

elwing
04-06-2019, 12:55 PM
Useless rules as long as no one enforce even the actual rules...

Oleris
04-06-2019, 01:00 PM
Give more quakes per month.

Have 1 of them make the dragons rooted or disable COTH in zone for 12 hours.

Work agreements/rules on these quakes.

Have fun

aaezil
04-06-2019, 01:02 PM
Roots not needed. Just make them return to spawn point if they get too far away. That lets people clear trash/position the dragons without the unclassic bad cheesy zone trains/pulls.

Kesselring
04-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Putting a cap on the amount of ToV targets that guilds can kill per cycle is really the only good option.

And really this doesn't even need GM intervention. But why should the top guild really give a shit about any other players? They have 400 mouths to feed.

Limiting a player/guild in any way on number of raids is a terrible idea and is anti-classic. I say this as someone who was a casual on this server for 5 years and never once had a complaint that my not so popular and not so skilled guild was not getting raid targets.

Also grouping 400 individuals under the same banner because it hits your narrative is a tad unfair aint it?

Wallicker
I’m saying everything stays the same and on one extra EQ a month every guild can only loot 3 dragons all current rules stay the same

Kesselring
Roots not needed. Just make them return to spawn point if they get too far away. That lets people clear trash/position the dragons without the unclassic bad cheesy zone trains/pulls.

Thats a pretty good idea tbh.

loramin
04-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Or we could try rotations for the first time in this server's decade-long history ...

DMN
04-06-2019, 01:24 PM
I’m saying everything stays the same and on one extra EQ a month every guild can only loot 3 dragons all current rules stay the same

AM would probably immediately split into 2 if not 3 guilds.

DMN
04-06-2019, 01:25 PM
Or we could try rotations for the first time in this server's decade-long history ...

I though PoS had rotations?

Hotel
04-06-2019, 01:53 PM

R o l l f o r T o V

Jauna
04-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Because instead of 5-10 core people doing most of the work, the entire guild has to work together.

Rooting most raid mobs(not just tov) will be the healthiest thing ever.

Legidias
04-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Besides making ToV summons on big dwagons timer based and not HP based (summon every 6 secs or 12 or w/e), stricter rules would fix a lot.

Enforce stricter rules. While i would personally love to see a whole guild responsible with a 2 week raid ban immediately on infractions, it puts a lot of power into the puller.

IMO make pullers self accountable. If the puller involved causes the big wipe or ks or w/e (or if someone peeks out during pull from waiting team and aggros everything) straight up raid ban them for 1 month. Make the pullers question raid directives from officers that make them get even close to infringing rules.

Don't need to change any coding.

Gatordash
04-06-2019, 02:48 PM
Thats a pretty good idea tbh.

It would be the same except you just coth everyone to the dragon instead of pulling the dragon to everyone.

Baylan295
04-06-2019, 02:53 PM
Besides making ToV summons on big dwagons timer based and not HP based (summon every 6 secs or 12 or w/e), stricter rules would fix a lot.

Enforce stricter rules. While i would personally love to see a whole guild responsible with a 2 week raid ban immediately on infractions, it puts a lot of power into the puller.

IMO make pullers self accountable. If the puller involved causes the big wipe or ks or w/e (or if someone peeks out during pull from waiting team and aggros everything) straight up raid ban them for 1 month. Make the pullers question raid directives from officers that make them get even close to infringing rules.

Don't need to change any coding.

That doesn’t put the mob in the wrong’d guilds hands.

loramin
04-06-2019, 02:54 PM
I though PoS had rotations?

Excellent point. I should have clarified that to "GM-initiated rotations", but yes Sky is perfect proof that rotations can be work and be good for the server.

Schmandis
04-06-2019, 03:10 PM

^

Crawdad
04-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Root dragons and turn off CoH. If GM intervention has to happen, force roll-offs, temporary ban them from the zone, or just despawn targets when people can't play nice. Either figure out how to be competitive without headaches or burn the zone to the ground until you learn how. The coddling of top-end raiding on this server blows my mind.

Buellen
04-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Just make COTH not work in any raid zone.

Remove all these dam raid rules. go back to the days where most damage would win the mo.

Remove the stability of the zone to many people in one zone let it crash and when GM /dev have time/ feel like then they can restart zone minus the raid boss/ bosses.

Just my 2 cents

oh yea i never plan to raid here. from everything i have seen over the years it does not look like fun .

Molitoth
04-06-2019, 03:46 PM
Just make COTH not work in any raid zone.

Remove all these dam raid rules. go back to the days where most damage would win the mo.

Remove the stability of the zone to many people in one zone let it crash and when GM /dev have time/ feel like then they can restart zone minus the raid boss/ bosses.

Just my 2 cents

oh yea i never plan to raid here. from everything i have seen over the years it does not look like fun .

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I've read.
To top it off, your last sentence.

Buellen
04-06-2019, 03:49 PM
Thank you molitoth for your opinion.

enjoy the game

Wallicker
04-06-2019, 04:24 PM
I hate to say it, but none of these ideas will probably change much, the more dedicated that can devote the most time will get the most loot, especially when most of these people are all in the same guild. Really we should be recruiting and strengthening our position to compete. This said I think it would be cool if a guild killed a ToV dragon the previous week, that the following week they wouldn’t FTE a Kunark dragon upon spawn for 5 minutes. This way smaller guilds could get a healthy shot at warrior/bard epics and VP keys. I almost guarantee big guilds would still get their fill of sev/gore/trak and us smaller guild would have no excuse when we don’t. Be really cool for some more guilds to be able to compete in VP.

Hibbs
04-07-2019, 12:13 AM
#Forcethecrawl2019

Khaleesi
04-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Disabling COTH in (certain)raid zones and rooting mobs solves so much in one go it's amazing.

- No more trains to zone line
- No more cheezy tactics
- People actually have to try for once rather than 2% do 98% of the work and the others login to click a few buttons, loot for their alts that they'll never play, update the wikipedia to add their name to an already cringey list of people whom possess an item, then log off

For the people complaining that it would not be classic, let me introduce you to a server called Project 1999 where things are already massively not classic.

90% of every downed raid target on this server was done because of some unclassic mechanics or server situation like Kunark being around for too long. The majority of you were nobody and nothing on the original servers. Get over yourselves trying to hang onto your control of the elf simulator that you fail at without a helping hand.

Swish2
04-07-2019, 08:10 AM
For the people complaining that it would not be classic, let me introduce you to a server called Project 1999 where things are already massively not classic.

90% of every downed raid target on this server was done because of some unclassic mechanics or server situation like Kunark being around for too long. The majority of you were nobody and nothing on the original servers. Get over yourselves trying to hang onto your control of the elf simulator that you fail at without a helping hand.

Excuse me this isnt RNF, please make a thread to rant there.

azeth
04-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Dragons are rooted!

Rogean
04-07-2019, 08:26 AM
Hey guys,

Interesting feedback here. Our plan with the changes in Today's patch had been made for some time (and worked on for several weeks to implement. There were a LOT of other mechanical changes in addition to just the permarooting).

Obviously we want to put that work to use and see how things go, so let's give it a shot and see what happens.

Rog

Nexii
04-07-2019, 08:33 AM
Yay only took 2 years! My fantasy came true!

Sirken smiled knowingly as to where his next words would lead. "We, the server staff,
were thinking to root the dragons. It would be just as 'classic' as erotic roleplay." He
stated as he finished his wine glass off.

Her mind conjured visions as to how that would require the autism armies to expend
several times their current efforts in order to get their pixels. It was so delicious, so
simple and would cause so much more suffering than sixteen hour variance ever had. So
much more conflict and clashing than earthquakes ever had. So much more suffering.
Her eyes fluttered around with a far-away lost look, as she could just echo his words.

"Root the dragons...!?!" She murmured, drinking down her own wine to try to push her
arousal away. But the Neriak Red wasn't going to help this time. In fact the alcohol only
disinhibited her as she soon found herself just as naked as her partner in evil. And on top
of him. Straddling his body. And then riding him as she couldn't hold back any longer.

Kesselring
04-07-2019, 08:54 AM
It would be the same except you just coth everyone to the dragon instead of pulling the dragon to everyone.

Its not the same gatordash because you can pull it to a spot where you can los the dragons aoes for your clerics/debuffers and dps when theyre low. Rooting them out in the open is kinda rough.

fzzzt
04-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Also you won't zone into ToV and be in Vulak's belly.

#Forcethecrawl2019

Zerol
04-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Can't wait to see how many zoneline lickers are gonna leave various guilds

BurtMacklinFBI
04-07-2019, 09:29 AM
Braknar died for this. god bless him.

fzzzt
04-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Yeah. Sad. :(

Kintronics
04-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Rogean,

Please also apply this change to KT, statue, and AoW.

We appreciate your assistance on this matter. Thank you.

Wallicker
04-07-2019, 09:53 AM
Lolz this won’t change who gets the majority of loot, AM is now guaranteed Vulak’Aerr and Vyemm. Vyemms knockback now roflmao... I’m sure coth bots will be strategically placed and it shouldn’t be hard to kill a couple guards when the named is rooted. Earthquakes will be interesting though some loots will get spread. This 100% benefits the Zerg. Speaking of earthquakes when are these going to be actually random???

zarza
04-07-2019, 10:06 AM
permarooted... its more hard to get dragons as casual guilds

these roamer flurries and guards might eat you before you try to fight tov dragon

Jayzeus
04-07-2019, 10:06 AM
Turn vulak into the ring event at this rate. also repop warders on quakes.

Mendo
04-07-2019, 10:32 AM
The days of casual raiding are over with these rooted mobs

Izmael
04-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Props for fixing the abomination of pulling dragons to a zone line.

Crede
04-07-2019, 11:51 AM
I don’t raid but as an outsider I’m curious why do they do all this work to fix tov but not bring back the warders in ST?

indiscriminate_hater
04-07-2019, 11:53 AM
if the dragons are rooted, what's to stop someone from just training around the trash mobs?

Legidias
04-07-2019, 12:13 PM
Supposedly dwagons and their guards are now cuddly cuddly together

Fammaden
04-07-2019, 01:53 PM
permarooted... its more hard to get dragons as casual guilds

these roamer flurries and guards might eat you before you try to fight tov dragon

The days of casual raiding are over with these rooted mobs

Oh please, there are zero casual guilds doing NToV bosses in the first place. Whichever strawman guilds you're talking about had just as much of a zero chance at contesting FTE zone pulls as they supposedly do clearing trash.

Gatordash
04-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Oh please, there are zero casual guilds doing NToV bosses in the first place. Whichever strawman guilds you're talking about had just as much of a zero chance at contesting FTE zone pulls as they supposedly do clearing trash.

Its ironic how the guilds and people who are not actively playing ToV are the ones who complain about it the most. And I agree with you guys that the new rules won't change that.

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 02:35 PM

Its hilarious that you think the casual guilds are going to ntov crawl.
Weekly.

feniin
04-07-2019, 02:40 PM
What do you consider casual guilds anyway?

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 02:41 PM
What do you consider casual guilds anyway?

Anyone that isnt in aftermath

feniin
04-07-2019, 02:43 PM
Anyone that isnt in aftermath

Heh. 95% of the players in AM are more casual than BG, Kittens, AG, Core, CSG, and PS

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Heh. 95% of the players in AM are more casual than BG, Kittens, AG, Core, CSG, and PS

That doesn't have any relevence to when you burn out in 2 weeks after realising the changes you chest thumped for so much are objectively awful. Looking forward to your meltdown in tov

loramin
04-07-2019, 02:54 PM

And it's the "hardcore" players who are usually the first to talk about how important "competition" is for "deserving" loot ... when 95% of their guild doesn't participate in said "competition". And they're also often the first to insult rotations as "participation trophies", when Aftermath is the biggest giver of "participation trophies" on the server (literally that's what Aftermath is for most members: your warm body shows up to enough raids, you get your participation trophy, ie. dragon loot).

White is black and black is white here.

Zeebraboy
04-07-2019, 04:12 PM
And it's the "hardcore" players who are usually the first to talk about how important "competition" is for "deserving" loot ... when 95% of their guild doesn't participate in said "competition". And they're also often the first to insult rotations as "participation trophies", when Aftermath is the biggest giver of "participation trophies" on the server (literally that's what Aftermath is for most members: your warm body shows up to enough raids, you get your participation trophy, ie. dragon loot).

White is black and black is white here.
Oh damn

feniin
04-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Yeah, AM has like 10 people doing all of the work and 120 who collect trophies.

More teamwork in the lower tier guilds to make things happen.

RedXIII
04-07-2019, 04:59 PM

Did you read Braknar leaking Discord chat about rotations and the inputs of Rogean/Nilbog about it?

Won't ever happen. Don't get your hopes up... If you wan't rotations go to some dumb empty server like Red99 or TAKP i guess. Or live progression servers.

jpetrick
04-07-2019, 05:06 PM

Every guild on the server is carried by a smaller number of people within that guild. There isn’t a guild on the server that has a roster composition where each member is interchangeable at will.

Oldschoolplayer
04-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Some change needed to happen. I think guilds will need to prioritize more. Crawls take more time than a pull. Vulak can't be engaged until the other dragons are down ( in a scenario maybe one dragon is left up so a guild cant get to vulak before another).

The comments of loving competition yet cheating and breaking rules routinely is comical too

radda
04-07-2019, 05:28 PM
yall are funny

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 05:29 PM

Whats it like to operate on a level barely above needing assistance to breathe? A lot of people put in a lot of time and energy, if you'ar gonna try shitposting at least make sure your basis is grounded in reality or you just come across as having an extremely smooth brain.

loramin
04-07-2019, 05:40 PM
if you'ar gonna try shitposting at least make sure your basis is grounded in reality or you just come across as having an extremely smooth brain.

Says the guy who ten minutes ago made a completely false attack on me in another thread for "not raiding", when I do so (in ToV in fact) on a weekly basis. :rolleyes:

Legidias
04-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Every guild on the server is carried by a smaller number of people within that guild. There isn’t a guild on the server that has a roster composition where each member is interchangeable at will.

Well, yes, but...

Most of those other guilds have the 5-10 person pull team and then a raid force of maybe 30-40 people.

AM has maybe 5-10 person pull team and like 100 just logging in, hitting auto attack, and logging out.

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Says the guy who ten minutes ago made a completely false attack on me in another thread for "not raiding", when I do so (in ToV in fact) on a weekly basis. :rolleyes:

HoT is not a raid

loramin
04-07-2019, 05:49 PM
HoT is not a raid

Way to change the goalposts: one second I don't raid, the next my raiding isn't good enough for your BS standards.

But for the record, my guild is also in this alliance called AEGIS, and AEGIS raids the other parts of ToV (plus Anon alone raids other parts some times). Feel free to keep moving those goalposts to somewhere you think you can win though.

And regardless of all of that, I'll say it again: the top-end raiders don't have a monopoly on valid opinions. People who don't raid at the top level can absolutely make informed comments and absolutely have a right to do so: it's not just Aftermath's server.

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 05:49 PM
Way to change the goalposts: one second I don't raid, the next my raiding isn't good enough.

But for the record, my guild is also in this alliance called AEGIS, and AEGIS raids the other parts of ToV. But feel free to keep moving those goalposts.

HoT is not a raid

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 05:53 PM
People who don't raid at the top level can absolutely make informed comments

loramin
04-07-2019, 06:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UJuHw3F.gif

loramin
04-07-2019, 06:08 PM
Can you even hear yourself talk? You're basically arguing that the current system, which benefits only those that are most willing to play whatever stupid non-classic "competition" game is being played that day (eg. CotH ducking), and the other 90 people who tag along with them for the handouts, are the only ones allowed to discuss raiding on the server ...

... on a sever with literally thousands of other people, many of whom are absolutely capable of killing dragons too (they just don't want to compete with the no-life losers who win at staring at walls for eight hours straight).

Do you realize how insanely full of yourself you sound?

mattydef
04-07-2019, 06:10 PM
Kittens does HoT with 60 people, but its not a raid of course.

Wonkie
04-07-2019, 06:29 PM
Can you even hear yourself talk? You're basically arguing that the current system, which benefits only those that are most willing to play whatever stupid non-classic "competition" game is being played that day (eg. CotH ducking), and the other 90 people who tag along with them for the handouts, are the only ones allowed to discuss raiding on the server ...

... on a sever with literally thousands of other people, many of whom are absolutely capable of killing dragons too (they just don't want to compete with the no-life losers who win at staring at walls for eight hours straight).

top end raiders have been treated as privileged for years and now they feel entitled. that's the root of their assumption of their ownership of dragons and etc other bosses.

That Age Is Over (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1x4JkZTfPs)

Danth
04-07-2019, 06:43 PM
No, it's more than that. A lot of 'em don't want to play the game at all and prefer logging in for their zonepulled pixel dispensers. For THAT crowd, I can absolutely understand why they dislike the present changes. I don't agree with 'em for a moment (I regard clearing through as--playing the game) but I do understand.

Danth

tylercanuck
04-07-2019, 06:58 PM
I remember when Anonymous was Rustle's bitch guild and assisted in killing dragons.

Now they raid HoT.

mattydef
04-07-2019, 07:19 PM
I remember when Rustle was Anonymous' bitch guild and assisted in killing dragons.

Now they don't exist.

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 07:33 PM

Didnt read this post but a wall of text after that triggered emote is hilariously ironic

(eg. CotH ducking),

noone in the raid scene coth ducks

You're basically arguing that the current system

Im arguing that your knowledge of the raid scene is so lacking that you cannot give an informed opinion on it and anything you do post (you post A LOT) is laughed at by everyone. You still think people coth duck lol, case in point.

The thousands of people you mention are complete and utter garbage at this game. They dont 'compete' because they just dont have the ability, and EQ is a hilariously easy game.

Vianna
04-07-2019, 07:36 PM

Not true.

tylercanuck
04-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Oh, you're in Anonymous. Sorry you weren't invited to kill Vulak and share the loot.

Vianna
04-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Well, yes, but...

Most of those other guilds have the 5-10 person pull team and then a raid force of maybe 30-40 people.

AM has maybe 5-10 person pull team and like 100 just logging in, hitting auto attack, and logging out.

Show me consistently 100 people logging in.

Last CT Kill
[Sat Apr 06 02:13:03 2019] There are 55 players in Plane of Fear.

Jorlleag
[Sat Apr 06 03:00:16 2019] There are 33 players in Temple of Veeshan.

King Tormax
[Sat Apr 06 03:51:34 2019] There are 38 players in Kael Drakkal.

Dain
[Fri Apr 05 15:16:59 2019] There are 57 players in Icewell Keep.

There are a few times AM has hit 90 players in Prime time. For the most part it is 33 to 75ish. More do Log in for Doze and Vulak for sure.

Pyrrhica
04-07-2019, 07:44 PM
^ lol

CodyF86
04-07-2019, 07:46 PM
The level of mad is almost unbelieveable for an elf sim forum, geez.

Ikatiar was left of the list, was that intentional?

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 07:47 PM
The level of mad is almost unbelieveable for an elf sim forum, geez.

Ikatiar was left of the list, was that intentional?

Awesome maybe anon can venture from HoT sometime to pick him up!

not really you will never kill iki.

CodyF86
04-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Like I said, you're really angry lol.

Phenyo
04-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Like I said, you're really angry lol.

Is that really the best you can come up with? U mad? Must suck pumping gas for a living.

feniin
04-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Not true.

Cool. Thanks for the input. It's probably less than 10 people that make things happen in AM.

Xaeophi
04-07-2019, 07:56 PM
This is CLEARLY an attack on rangers! Rooted mobs = --> NO <-- "Your bow does double damage" on rooted mobs! Dam you cesar!

Wonkie
04-07-2019, 07:57 PM
What guild would it most anger AM to see get pixels?

I will join that one, please?

Vianna
04-07-2019, 08:00 PM
Cool. Thanks for the input. It's probably less than 10 people that make things happen in AM.

Closer to 20 to 25

Just being honest with ya. I have been there tracking with them.

5 to 10 people can't cover all the various zones with mobs in them.

ToV alone when everything is in Window takes roughly 10 to 15 to be prepared.

feniin
04-07-2019, 08:05 PM
Closer to 20 to 25

Just being honest with ya. I have been there tracking with them.

5 to 10 people can't cover all the various zones with mobs in them.

pet tracking with GINA and autofire pet attack doesn't really count.

talkin' the people who actually make the kills happen.

Vianna
04-07-2019, 08:07 PM
pet tracking with GINA and autofire pet attack doesn't really count.

talkin' the people who actually make the kills happen.

Now we know why AG fails if you think 5 to 10 is doing that.

feniin
04-07-2019, 08:08 PM
Now we know why AG fails if you think 5 to 10 is doing that.

lol AG fails on their own by being bad/worse than AM.

Wonkie
04-07-2019, 08:11 PM
Why do guilds give tracking DKP if you can just autofire it w/Gina?

Vianna
04-07-2019, 08:12 PM
lol AG fails on their own by being bad/worse than AM.

No you just don't understand ToV if you think it is 5 to 10 people making those things happen. 5 to 10 can in a pinch and they would burn out very quickly.

Jimjam
04-07-2019, 08:17 PM
Killing an individual isn't a raid, it's a hit. An assassination strike.

Zoneline dragon delivery was not raiding in anyone's mind except perhaps that of a pizza delivery boy.

HoT and the like were more like a raid than that.

tylercanuck
04-07-2019, 08:23 PM
Killing an individual isn't a raid, it's a hit. An assassination strike.

Zoneline dragon delivery was not raiding in anyone's mind except perhaps that of a pizza delivery boy.

HoT and the like were more like a raid than that.

What are you talking about? HoT mobs are pulled to a camp.

Daloon
04-07-2019, 08:43 PM

If only there were DKP Tracking inputs posted somewhere to show you're off by about 44 people.

But go on, please.

Wonkie
04-07-2019, 09:04 PM

https://i.imgur.com/jfsURe1.gif

feniin
04-07-2019, 09:13 PM
If only there were DKP Tracking inputs posted somewhere to show you're off by about 44 people.

But go on, please.

Glad you have 60 people to devote to auto firing pet attack for their GINA triggers?

pasi
04-08-2019, 12:11 AM
I'm curious how the custom permaroot mechanics work here.

On live, permaroot functioned like a non-rooted mob for aggro purposes. In other words, mob didn't move, but it still functioned with normal threat mechanics. The obvious part of that is that being the closest in proximity doesn't equal aggro like root.

The less obvious part of that is that the mobs aggro target didn't necessarily have to be in melee range which means two things.

1) You can have someone holding/building aggro at range while the mob is getting safely debuffed/slowed in melee range.

2) Someone holding aggro can stay outside melee range until summoned then run away (rinse and repeat). In other words, knights make pretty decent tanks. This was the strategy a lot of guilds used for Perma-Rooted mobs like Arch Lich. That is, have a knight hold aggro with spells and run out every time they're summoned. Others in melee range won't be attacked.

Now dragons may have a pretty large hitbox (and thus attack range) but luckily there's ways to counter that with chill/ignite bones. Coincidentally, that also helps with dodging AEs.

Relevant Allakhazam 2002 post on Arch Lich page.
This guy is perma-rooted, which means he cannot move at all. This guy also has a nasty rampage that hits 5 targets at once. Rampage is essentially a proc, meaning it can only go off when the person the mob is hitting is in melee range. Now, Perma-root is a little different than normal root, because with perma-root, the mob follows normal aggro rules instead of attacking the closest person in range. This mob's rampage is very bad. It requires 5 tanks and some very strategic and well-planned healing. To forego the rampage proc, and all the hassle that goes with it, you can simply have someone keep aggro on the mob while staying out of melee range. A Hybrid is best for this because they can use high-aggro spells to keep aggro while remaining out of melee range, and they have the hp/ac of a melee class, so whenever the mob summons, the hybrid can stay alive long enough to back out of combat. This majorly reduces number requirements on the raid and cuts out a little unneeded work.

Now obviously the hard part of killing dragons on P99 is FTE, but its cool to think about ways to kill shit with an ogre SK and 3-4 clerics running a CHeal chain at an interval equal to summoning rate.

Disregard this if the custom-root doesn't behave like perma rooted mobs on live or if TOV call of the zero is set to Omens of War summoning/call-of-the-zero frequencies.

CodyF86
04-08-2019, 01:03 AM
They aggro but will not AE unless you are in melee range. We played around with Telk for a bit after killing most of the kunark dragons, but ran out of time / people had to go to bed for work.

They will aggro like I said, but not ae unless they can melee someone.

Nice to see how slowly ToV is dying; Other guilds can pick a target and take the time to do it pretty reasonably now.

fennixad
04-08-2019, 04:59 AM
oh wait now the people who killed everything and have not idea about tov can learn a bit of tov xD

Jimjam
04-08-2019, 05:05 AM
What are you talking about? HoT mobs are pulled to a camp.

I said 'more like a raid'. Ie I did not say HoT is the epitome of raiding. Just killing one dude is an assassination, not a raid.

Raising barely existed on p1999 until this patch.

titanshub
04-08-2019, 06:18 AM
Where do I file the petition to move the RNF post to server chat and the server chat post to RNF?

Great fun tonight. It's hard to say exactly how this is going to turn out long term but forcing guilds to prioritize their targets like this means more space for casuals. Kittens is ready for the challenge but only when it's convenient for us :P

http://i.imgur.com/oUTEYqV.gif

Dolalin
04-08-2019, 07:28 AM
Anything that makes ToV more of a timesink/pita is very welcome and a great idea. Casuals won't care, they'll be happy to crawl and put in the time for a few dragons. This will mostly hurt the farm guilds like AM. And so be it, they're hogging content.

Lobster1071
04-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Is it me, or was ToV actually FUN last night after the earthquake? So far, so good.

pogs4ever
04-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Is it me, or was ToV actually FUN last night after the earthquake? So far, so good.

was good fun, as others have said, pretty cool for a casual guild to spend a few hours get a kill and leave, we'll see how it goes long term where leapfrogging becomes more of a 'thing' on normal spawns.

Mytral
04-08-2019, 11:58 AM
The really question of all this is, what is happening to the DA Idol market?

Baylan295
04-08-2019, 12:00 PM
The really question of all this is, what is happening to the DA Idol market?

Still incredibly valuable and important for many pulls - in non-ToV zones and some in TOV.

mattydef
04-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Awesome maybe anon can venture from HoT sometime to pick him up!

not really you will never kill iki.

Anon has killed iki a handful of times both solo and in alliances in the past, you guys weren't really doing much at the time so its not surprising you have no clue what you are talking about. Yes, Anon is a shadow of its former self these days, but that doesn't take away anything from its former accomplishments.

Rogean
04-08-2019, 07:02 PM
I'm curious how the custom permaroot mechanics work here.

On live, permaroot functioned like a non-rooted mob for aggro purposes. In other words, mob didn't move, but it still functioned with normal threat mechanics. The obvious part of that is that being the closest in proximity doesn't equal aggro like root.

The less obvious part of that is that the mobs aggro target didn't necessarily have to be in melee range which means two things.

1) You can have someone holding/building aggro at range while the mob is getting safely debuffed/slowed in melee range.

2) Someone holding aggro can stay outside melee range until summoned then run away (rinse and repeat). In other words, knights make pretty decent tanks. This was the strategy a lot of guilds used for Perma-Rooted mobs like Arch Lich. That is, have a knight hold aggro with spells and run out every time they're summoned. Others in melee range won't be attacked.

Now dragons may have a pretty large hitbox (and thus attack range) but luckily there's ways to counter that with chill/ignite bones. Coincidentally, that also helps with dodging AEs.

Relevant Allakhazam 2002 post on Arch Lich page.

Now obviously the hard part of killing dragons on P99 is FTE, but its cool to think about ways to kill shit with an ogre SK and 3-4 clerics running a CHeal chain at an interval equal to summoning rate.

Disregard this if the custom-root doesn't behave like perma rooted mobs on live or if TOV call of the zero is set to Omens of War summoning/call-of-the-zero frequencies.

As someone who raided as a Warrior for some time on EQLive, I often used those mechanics to my advantage as well. When it came time to get into the realm of perma rooted mobs on P99, like Tunare, I specifically went through the aggro code and made sure permarooting on P99 was similar to live aggro mechanics, with the exception that summon kiting will NOT work here.

If a mob's summon timer is down and his top hate target is out of melee range, he will chose the next highest hate in melee range. Once summon is back up, he will revert back to top hate and summon them.

Additionally, a mob will not use his summon ability until his melee timer is also ready, at which point he will summon and immediately hit you with melee (The summon code is located right above the melee combat code in Mob AI, so it's processed immediately within the same server tic.)

Smurflogik
04-08-2019, 08:03 PM
Is that really the best you can come up with? U mad? Must suck pumping gas for a living.

But you really do sound mad though

Muggens
04-08-2019, 08:33 PM
Why did this thread stop here? C'mon

Phenyo
04-08-2019, 09:49 PM
How much of TOV did anon clear

mattydef
04-08-2019, 10:02 PM
How much of TOV did anon clear

Anon was killing west/north tov mobs, vindi, statue etc solo and with alliances back when kittens was wiping in plane of hate/fear. Go back and look at Anons original recruitment thread from back in 2015 if you want proof. Congratulations, you guys are now doing the same in 2019.

Mead
04-08-2019, 10:09 PM
didn't the casuals ask for perma rooted mobs?

now mad they here?

Alanus
04-08-2019, 10:41 PM
I don't raid, but people pulling dragons to the zone in of TOV kind of ruins the spirit of the game

Baylan295
04-09-2019, 12:43 AM
didn't the casuals ask for perma rooted mobs?

now mad they here?

Casuals did better than they normally do on a quake. Blood Guard made a legitimate go at Eashen.

Casuals (defined by me as non-AM/AG) picked up:

Aary, Eashen, Jorl, Cek, Sev, LTK, Gozz, Telk, PD, Hosh, Silverwing, Druushk, Xygoz, Nexona, Gore, Sev, Trak, all 3 golems, Draco, Vox, Yeli, Zlandi, and RW (Oops).

That kill list is as good, if not better than others. And Vulak is still alive.

feniin
04-09-2019, 12:52 AM
Anon was killing west/north tov mobs, vindi, statue etc solo and with alliances back when kittens was wiping in plane of hate/fear. Go back and look at Anons original recruitment thread from back in 2015 if you want proof. Congratulations, you guys are now doing the same in 2019.

lol Phenyo isn't in Kittens.

pasi
04-11-2019, 11:13 PM
As someone who raided as a Warrior for some time on EQLive, I often used those mechanics to my advantage as well. When it came time to get into the realm of perma rooted mobs on P99, like Tunare, I specifically went through the aggro code and made sure permarooting on P99 was similar to live aggro mechanics, with the exception that summon kiting will NOT work here.

If a mob's summon timer is down and his top hate target is out of melee range, he will chose the next highest hate in melee range. Once summon is back up, he will revert back to top hate and summon them.

Additionally, a mob will not use his summon ability until his melee timer is also ready, at which point he will summon and immediately hit you with melee (The summon code is located right above the melee combat code in Mob AI, so it's processed immediately within the same server tic.)

Well there goes my hopes of ever maxing my Trakanon faction via killing the Arch Lich Prototype in Dragon Necropolis (assuming you guys went through the wildly unnecessary effort to revert him).

Kazik
04-13-2019, 02:15 PM
Im arguing that your knowledge of the raid scene is so lacking that you cannot give an informed opinion on it and anything you do post (you post A LOT) is laughed at by everyone. You still think people coth duck lol, case in point.

Quoted for truth.

Kazik
04-13-2019, 02:39 PM
Casuals did better than they normally do on a quake. Blood Guard made a legitimate go at Eashen.

Casuals (defined by me as non-AM/AG) picked up:

Aary, Eashen, Jorl, Cek, Sev, LTK, Gozz, Telk, PD, Hosh, Silverwing, Druushk, Xygoz, Nexona, Gore, Sev, Trak, all 3 golems, Draco, Vox, Yeli, Zlandi, and RW (Oops).

That kill list is as good, if not better than others. And Vulak is still alive.

Here’s the thing, that was a Quake on a Sunday night. Of course everyone’s going to get targets under those conditions.

Just wait until it’s a non-quake multiple days long window repop.

Baylan295
04-13-2019, 02:43 PM
Here’s the thing, that was a Quake on a Sunday night. Of course everyone’s going to get targets under those conditions.

Just wait until it’s a non-quake multiple days long window repop.

How will it be different from any other repop?

DiogenesThaDogg
04-13-2019, 04:18 PM
How will it be different from any other repop?

When only one dragon is in window at a time races will be much more one-sided in favor of larger guilds. They be better equipped not only to get into position faster and pull faster but to survive a wipe better and to recover faster. Since racing = crawling, all of these factors benefit a larger guild and punish smaller guilds. On quakes or when windows are really stacked, smaller guilds will have a better chance at getting more desirable targets.

Wonkie
04-13-2019, 05:59 PM
if it's a net decrease in pixels for Aftermath it's a fantastic change