PDA

View Full Version : Leveling in groups or solo, making money, getting gear.

bakkily
04-10-2019, 02:02 AM
HI all currently at lvl 20 now. Did noob zone 1-5, then cb area to 15 unrest to 20. Wondering on a few points

Where or what is a good guide to lvl at or where to go for soloing.

Whats the group lvl progression?

And whats some spots i can hit at lvl 20 to grind plat, and plat making spots up till 40s.

Thanks.

TheFishyOne
04-10-2019, 02:23 AM
I’d check the wiki to find answers to everything you just asked.

Also, what race/class are you, and what deity do you worship?

kjs86z
04-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Do both!

EQ is a social game.

ldgmo
04-10-2019, 09:39 AM
All of that is going to be very dependent on what class you chose.

Jimjam
04-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Gargoyle island in Ocean of Tears is the spot to make pp while soloing XP in the low 20s.

Due to the unique ecosystem of the island it is conventional to leave at least one gargoyle up when you leave the island (doing so ensures an island full of gargoyles instead of skeletons on your next visit).

PL_Barton
04-10-2019, 10:28 AM
If you're completely new to the game and don't have a penny to your name then I'd suggest following the Treasure Hunting Guide on the wiki. Most chances are they wont be camped.

bakkily
04-10-2019, 02:26 PM
My character is a 20 shaman, barbarian, and I think I worship the Tribunal.

But looking at zem lvls of zones I can do.

azeth
04-10-2019, 02:28 PM
My character is a 20 shaman, barbarian, and I think I worship the Tribunal.

At level 20 I'd consider soloing Upper Guk. I did that really effectively til lvl 30 on my shaman.

TheFishyOne
04-10-2019, 02:49 PM
You can also try Oasis crocs, both solo and in groups.

loramin
04-10-2019, 02:58 PM
As others have suggested, your questions are not uncommon, and so the players of this server have helped to create two guides expressly for the purpose of answering them. You can find links to both guides in my signature.

P.S. I'd strongly advise prioritizing leveling over looting. You can earn plat much, much faster at higher levels, but plat really won't help you level anywhere close to as fast.

DMN
04-10-2019, 03:05 PM
The treasure guide has listed the 2 higher level sisters in OOT as a min 35 camp. i think they max out at level 25 so, kinda weird.

loramin
04-10-2019, 03:06 PM

Also I should mention that the ZEMs listed in the wiki are the stock EQ Emulator (ie. live/classic) ZEMs. In one of their only "by choice" departures from classic, the people behind P99 deliberately changed some ZEMs here. No one knows which zones, or how much the ZEMs changed though, and ZEMs are notoriously difficult to determine without using "cheat" software like ShowEQ (which is banned here, but was how people figured out the live ZEMs in the first place).

TLDR; Take the wiki ZEMs with a grain of salt, as they may or may not be correct. And just in general, lots of other factors (mob level, hitpoints, etc.) impact how much XP you get, so you should really focus more on that and less on ZEMs.

loramin
04-10-2019, 03:07 PM
The treasure guide has listed the 2 higher level sisters in OOT as a min 35 camp. i think they max out at level 25 so, kinda weird.

Easy enough to fix (that was probably just based on a forum thread where the poster happened to be level 35 or something): what do you think the appropriate min level should be?

DMN
04-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Easy enough to fix (that was probably just based on a forum thread where the poster happened to be level 35 or something): what do you think the appropriate min level should be?

This is one of those sticky questions related to class/equipment. Just like seafuries are listed as level 40 min targets on there, but probably no one but a necro could realistically be killing them at that level. Maybe a druid if they want to take half an hour a kill. But using seafury and similar entries as a standard, 25 would be appropriate.

loramin
04-10-2019, 03:19 PM
This is one of those sticky questions related to class/equipment. Just like seafuries are listed as level 40 min targets on there, but probably no one but a necro could realistically be killing them at that level. But using seafury and similar entries as a standard, 25 would be appropriate.

Fixed. Also I added a note to both entries: "non-Necros may need to be higher level".

I think the goal for the guide should be to list the minimum level possible, while also being clear to other classes about when they can do the camp.

Snaggles
04-10-2019, 03:23 PM
In theory you can stay to about level 40 solo in Unrest. I did that in Hag Tower with my paladin.

Groups vs Solo for me has always been more about schedule than anything. If constantly being aware of spouse aggro soloing is very easy. If given the choice, even if sometimes a bit slower xp, grouping is relaxing and the conversation can be fun.

Twochain
04-10-2019, 03:38 PM
As others have suggested, your questions are not uncommon, and so the players of this server have helped to create two guides expressly for the purpose of answering them. You can find links to both guides in my signature.

P.S. I'd strongly advise prioritizing leveling over looting. You can earn plat much, much faster at higher levels, but plat really won't help you level anywhere close to as fast.

Definitely check out Loramin's guides. I had them bookmarked while I was leveling up.

It know it's a pain in the ass not having gear while leveling, but you really do make A LOT more plat at higher levels.

If you can meet my mule in EC, i'll gladly lend you a Poison Wind Censer =) @ OP

Lurgort/Sseri
04-10-2019, 03:44 PM
Definitely check out Loramin's guides. I had them bookmarked while I was leveling up.

It know it's a pain in the ass not having gear while leveling, but you really do make A LOT more plat at higher levels.

If you can meet my mule in EC, i'll gladly lend you a Poison Wind Censer =) @ OP

Just wanna say I burst out laughing in the joint-discord when you said "holy shit, thanks!" after Kittens Guarding Paradigm Shifting Blood "accidentally" rezzed you on the way to Vulak. X )

Wallicker
04-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Solo kill guard Blayle in hhk til 24 then move upstairs to Chopin til 36 you’ll make 10k and out level your friends

Quinas
04-11-2019, 01:32 AM
I don't understand how the OP can have so many posts and then this thread happens.

ScottBerta
04-11-2019, 01:52 AM
Go to Najena then Sol A

Sajan
04-11-2019, 02:13 AM
I don't understand how the OP can have so many posts and then this thread happens.

And makes this same thread twice a year :D