PDA

View Full Version : anklesmasher

TomisFeline
04-12-2019, 11:13 PM
if someone loves fashion quest then I get it, to each their own

but examining anklesmasher price on the wiki either means tunnel fat cats have mastered price manipulation finally in this end era, or tunnel rubes are actually paying that

Troxx
04-12-2019, 11:23 PM
Price will drop. Same ratio as silken whip of ensnaring (14/28 war/rng) but faster. +4ac vs -5ac. More importantly it gives the snare proc to a few classes who otherwise have none.

It’s stupidly overpriced for now. Not a great ratio and 2 classes can buy a comparable weapon for 300p (though rangers have on demand snare).

I bet price will ultimately settle in the 1-2k range. It’s a utility proc with minor fashion quest value. That’s it.

DMN
04-13-2019, 12:31 AM
My only guess is they think monks are loaded.

Meguvin
04-13-2019, 01:00 AM
if someone loves fashion quest then I get it, to each their own

but examining anklesmasher price on the wiki either means tunnel fat cats have mastered price manipulation finally in this end era, or tunnel rubes are actually paying that

u cant be more wrong.
As a reseller i can tell u NO ONE OF US will pay more than 15k for that shit. Its only "good" for monks when they duo with a sham. Thats all. You lose a toons of dps to get snare (maybe).
If u see the people they are selling it u can sell most of them are enchs or sham who solo this camp. Chardok items are overpriced as hell and i can promise you this item will cost less than 5k in 2 months.

Teppler
04-13-2019, 08:03 AM
30k is lowest I’ve seen so far. Same day people trying to sell it for 100k.

Solist
04-13-2019, 08:10 AM
It’s a monk usable snare. Those who get it, get it. It’s invaluable.

Solist
04-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Also it’s been permacamped since patch and maybe 10-15 have dropped? And now SWC don’t drop. I’d be surprised if one Anklesmasher a year drops now on p1999.

Clearmind
04-13-2019, 09:08 AM
Also it’s been permacamped since patch and maybe 10-15 have dropped? And now SWC don’t drop. I’d be surprised if one Anklesmasher a year drops now on p1999.

True and keep in mind anklesmasher is about as rare as swc.. no one will do that camp hardcore anymore for just anklesmashers...

Teppler
04-13-2019, 11:23 AM
WTB

https://wiki.project1999.com/History_of_the_Di%60zok

1k, PST.

Erati
04-13-2019, 11:55 AM
True and keep in mind anklesmasher is about as rare as swc.. no one will do that camp hardcore anymore for just anklesmashers...

hmm

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322812

ahhh very Clear to me now :p

Liia
04-13-2019, 12:52 PM
hmm

Well, Im also a smasher seller. But I dont think he is 100% wrong tho.
But Id imagine theres something closer to 40 on the server. Not 15.

JDFriend99
04-13-2019, 12:56 PM
hmm

You always brings smile to me when you post man. It's like a guy smoking his pipe, not the new pipes old pipe, and finally says something and everyone goes quiet lol.

kotton05
04-13-2019, 01:07 PM
It’s an easy farm don’t buy it

Zemus
04-13-2019, 01:27 PM
It’s a fun toy. Price should find a happy place now that they are not permafarmed.

Iksar_with_a_plan
04-13-2019, 02:57 PM
I dont mean to sound like a god damn broken record in terms of finding some kind of explanation for posts like these... BUT.... supply and demand.

It is one of the only newly introduced weapons that is semi-relevant. On top of that it hasn't been a very common sell up until the past couple weeks.

Thats how EC market works man... For a while there was only one player with an anklesmasher for sale. and that ONE player can do whatever the fuck they want to do with it. And that one player did. IT went for 150k or 200k or some ridiculous price.

So when you have a situation where an item is new and uncommon, a price point is set, and every continuous price point is pushing for stability between buyer and seller.

The only issue is sometimes (and on this server most of the time in its early development) most buyers are setting selling or buying prices particularly for resale. So now you have a period of time where said item is fluctuating for the sole purpose of finding a price that most resellers or collectors will acquire it for.

but now we have reached a time where the item is in a more continuous supply. So its supply has changed but its demand has been relative to its practicality.

a ratio of 10/20 by most players standards is useless. but our beloved anklesmasher has an effect. SNARE...

This weapon is useful to a very select amount of players. Newbies, resellers, and those looking for a snare proc better than its alternative (the 14/28 whip, the 9/20 hammer). Ill also mention that some consider its graphic to be worth something (fashionquesting does sometimes determine an items value). Now anyone who is anyone understands that a even though 10/20 and 14/28 is the SAME ratio. a lower delay in primary offers more damage because of the damage bonus mechanic. Thats where the anklesmasher becomes valuable and practical. And as time goes on, and supply increases, the idea that it offers a snare proc at a lower delay will be a selling point, along with the pursuance of *fashionquesting, and maybe the fact that more classes are available to use it than its same ratio partner (The Silken Whip Of Ensnaring), will contribute to its overall practicality, but still its price will diminish as more become available.

So my friend... The basic idea here is, is that its price will stabilize as supply changes. because practically speaking this weapon is not very useful to most, but to some, and as it becomes more and more available, the select few wishing to acquire it for its pragmatic use will find it in their inventory. and as it no longer becomes as desired for its pragmatism, it will no longer be sold for its pure resale value, or its novelty.

DMN
04-13-2019, 03:34 PM
I dont mean to sound like a god damn broken record in terms of finding some kind of explanation for posts like these... BUT.... supply and demand.

I'm pretty sure a "a fool and his money will soon be parted" is more applicable.

enjchanter
04-13-2019, 08:28 PM
Price will drop. Same ratio as silken whip of ensnaring (14/28 war/rng) but faster. +4ac vs -5ac. More importantly it gives the snare proc to a few classes who otherwise have none.

It’s stupidly overpriced for now. Not a great ratio and 2 classes can buy a comparable weapon for 300p (though rangers have on demand snare).

I bet price will ultimately settle in the 1-2k range. It’s a utility proc with minor fashion quest value. That’s it.

It just ain't that good, Troxx nails another one.
Except maybe forgetting about equally cheap Glaive of Marltek which most melees can use iirc

feniin
04-13-2019, 08:43 PM
Only matters for monk snare. That's literally the only reason to have one. Anyone mentioning other classes is missing the point.

White_knight
04-13-2019, 09:48 PM
Look foward to these been 2-5k plat.

Nexii
04-13-2019, 09:52 PM

Yea price will probably level out now, maybe even will go up. 50k is good plat but it's quite rare. It's a pretty average camp at that price and has a high barrier to entry

Wonkie
04-13-2019, 10:31 PM
imagine having to invite a snare class to your group!

anklesmasher is worth 150k

DMN
04-13-2019, 11:02 PM
imagine having to invite a snare class to your group!

anklesmasher is worth 150k

R00t iz hurd 2 dew.

Meguvin
04-13-2019, 11:04 PM
2k its a good pc

mattydef
04-14-2019, 01:44 AM
I love seeing these for sale for under 30k at the same time others are shouting 100k+

jolanar
04-14-2019, 10:46 AM
As a monk I see this settling somewhere between 10 and 20k in 6+ months.

fastboy21
04-14-2019, 09:28 PM
It has a use and its rare...the fact that the market price exceeds the value of it for 99% of players is irrelevant to the 1% paying it atm.

This (extreme) is what happens when server is 10 years old and new things get released. Folks have tremendous amounts of plat sitting around and nothing to do with it...spikes like this are just part of the p99 game.

Folks forget/have no clue how much plat some folks have in the banks on this server.

Toss in a pinch of idiots (who think this is a good speculative item to buy atm) and a touch p99 crazy crack...and ouala.

Solist
04-15-2019, 01:52 AM
It's simpler than that. The same type of people who don't carry multiple snare resist counter weapons, and 50+ click items, are the ones crying and not understanding. The monks who carry 7 bags and have 1-2 free inventory slots as literally everything is swap gear for situations, clicks, procs... they froth over this, as only this and a Tunare weapon drop give an ability for a monk to snare. If you even consider this anything but a monk item you miss the point entirely. Every other class usable gets other significantly easier to attain snare weaps, and even some of multiple resists like poison based tserinna whip.

The same as melee froth over eyepatch of plunder, wars froth over willsapper, rangers froth over dark cloak of the sky or shattered emerald. Major class changing skills/ability changes and the barrier to entry is extremely high.

Yes the camp is easy, its boring as sin. You still need a duo of very competent people and the right class composition and right class composition parked out to duo the camp which I've done for enuogh hours to gouge my eyes out.

Never saw an anklesmasher in first 5 days of chardok doing that camp for the most part almost exclusively. Never saw SWC drop in 150+hrs. Saw 3 anklesmashers total, heard of 3 spirit wracked cords in roughly same period. So maybe 10-15 of each exist as they're both very rare drops off of rare'ish mobs. There's plenty of vocal cords, whatever the amount of ankle smashers there is likely 50-100% more vocal cords.

The kicker is now spirit wracked cords don't drop, there is absolutely zero reason to go and camp this shit. It's tiring, high stakes, annoying as hell CR, ties 4-5 characters up in one stupid place permanantly. It's like fungi king but significantly higher barrier to entry.

So nope, I wouldn't sell mine for any figure really.

Solist
04-15-2019, 01:54 AM
Ignoring ball of burlap yarn of course ^^ Talkin procs here. We all know how much beads are worth when stalking probes are instant cast and stupid cheap. Clicks take bagspace, I aint got any bagspace on serious toons.

Izmael
04-15-2019, 05:24 AM
Target price is probably around 5k.

Frostbringer is 12/22 and is 2k
Ada club is 15/25 and is 4k

Snare is nice but won't be enough to warrant a big premium over these, after enough smashers have been farmed and demand meets offer.

Legidias
04-15-2019, 08:17 AM
Monks use snare to aggro things out of a train from range, not in melee fights for the actual snare effect.

Prove me wrong.

Izmael
04-16-2019, 11:10 AM
Monks use snare to aggro things out of a train from range, not in melee fights for the actual snare effect.

Prove me wrong.

But it's a combat proc.

feniin
04-16-2019, 11:28 AM

Prove me wrong.

I would use it soloing/to hold agro/when I'm duoing with a shaman and I don't wanna root something but snare would be useful (casters that flee).

Daloon
04-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Utility weapon with 0.5 ratio with a level 49 req to proc snare.

5k platinum.

Legidias
04-16-2019, 11:56 AM
But it's a combat proc.

(Thats the point)