PDA

View Full Version : Possible Assistance

Collins5112
04-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Hello,

I am at the point my druid epic where I am ready to kill VSR for the pulsing green stone and was wondering if anyone would be willing to possibly assist today if he is up. The second stone can be randomed or given to whoever would be willing to help. Trying to save as much as I can in case I have to buy the pod of seawater. If anyone is willing to help, send me a tell in game on Tilleas or message me here, thanks.

loramin
04-14-2019, 09:22 AM
Why not just join a guild? I'm not sure expecting raids full of strangers to help you with this AND your future fights is in any way realistic.

AmnesiacJack
04-14-2019, 09:28 AM
Tilleas is a pretty good dude and one of the first druids I ran into when starting out who was just buffing and porting newbs around.

Kindadar
04-14-2019, 09:54 AM
Put a time together and I can help if I'm available.

Legidias
04-14-2019, 10:39 AM
I would also like a free 35k

Jimjam
04-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Get me 3 60 enchanters, a cleric and dps and I'll do tank fight for you.

feniin
04-14-2019, 10:58 AM
One enchanter can do the Rune chain if you have enough DPS

Keza
04-14-2019, 04:55 PM
Why not just join a guild? I'm not sure expecting raids full of strangers to help you with this AND your future fights is in any way realistic.

I joined a guild on my druid.. a well known friendly guild that has been around a long time. I wasn't expecting anything out of it, I never asked for anything and helped out where I could. The result? Well, I sure as shit didn't expect them to give the last piece I needed for my epic (the VSR stone) to an unguilded alt bot that was repeatedly sacc'd to stay low enough to fight Vox. Mind you that was the third time I did VS with them as well.. but every other time it at least went to someone who was guilded.

So what's the problem with asking others for help? Especially for a triggered fight. Assuming that person isn't an asshat their only alternatives are joining a "friendly" guild that is all about the officers or joining a top-tier guild that hardcore raids. I didn't care about hardcore raiding, I just wanted people to hang out with and through this experience found out they are selfish garbage, just like every other casual guild I've joined in the past 20 years.

baakss
04-14-2019, 05:20 PM
I joined a guild on my druid.. a well known friendly guild that has been around a long time. I wasn't expecting anything out of it, I never asked for anything and helped out where I could. The result? Well, I sure as shit didn't expect them to give the last piece I needed for my epic (the VSR stone) to an unguilded alt bot that was repeatedly sacc'd to stay low enough to fight Vox. Mind you that was the third time I did VS with them as well.. but every other time it at least went to someone who was guilded.

So what's the problem with asking others for help? Especially for a triggered fight. Assuming that person isn't an asshat their only alternatives are joining a "friendly" guild that is all about the officers or joining a top-tier guild that hardcore raids. I didn't care about hardcore raiding, I just wanted people to hang out with and through this experience found out they are selfish garbage, just like every other casual guild I've joined in the past 20 years.

You're extremely cynical of friendly guilds. My experience was nothing like yours. The loot rules are usually clearly defined ahead of time.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with asking for help, but you shouldn't be surprised when at least some people find the notion of giving 20k plat worth (the value of that stone) of help to be at least a little dubious.

To the OP: If you get a group formed and are lacking dps, shoot me a message and if I'm available I will help.

Legidias
04-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Cause you're basically asking for a raid force to hand you a 35k item for free. VSR doesn't require any sort of questing up to that point that would separate him out (say, like ixiblat).

"Guys I really need a fungi on my alt. How about we get together a decent force and camp it. Ill take first fungi and the second one can be randomed" is basically what it sounds like.

loramin
04-14-2019, 06:25 PM

Look, I got my epic with a raid force from the forums; if you're especially bored I'm sure you can go find the thread. I'm certainly not saying it's wrong to get help from people who are willing to help.

But at the same time, what I've come to realize (having since joined a guild) is that what you're doing (and what I did) is/was selfish. We're relying on other people volunteering their time and getting nothing in return.

In a guild everyone helps each other. Yes everyone still has selfish motivations, but the nature of guilds is to channel those selfish motivations into greater good for everyone (in that guild). If you join a (not terrible) guild you'll have a raid force that is happy to help you, not just because they're nice people (though they probably are), but because they know you'll help them when it's time for their epic fight.

Oh, and also it's a hell of a lot easier to do it the guild way. I got my epic for my second character through my guild, and it was just night and day compared to my first epic. Plus, I never spent a cent (well, except for a MQ of the corrupted seahorse bit, but only after spending 16 hours on the stupid aqua goblin and then another nine on the corrupted seahorse ... none of which was my guilds fault).

My advice: check out http://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds:Guild_List. There's lots of non-raid guilds, but maybe consider a raid guild too. After all, you're going to want to get gear after your epic too, and raid guilds are a great way to do so.

fastboy21
04-14-2019, 09:02 PM
EQ is like real life...it rewards the folks who have the guts to ask for things with more than the folks that don't ask.

I wouldn't have done it this way, but I can't really criticize the OP if his post nets him a free item just for asking.

Worry
04-15-2019, 06:25 PM
He said if "anyone is willing to help"

I think people are being aggressive for no reason in this thread.