PDA

View Full Version : Blam stick and rogue dps?

mattmanbass
04-17-2019, 10:20 PM
Will blam stick be at all viable for rogue dps? You'd obviously have to swap in a piercer for BS but I'd be curious to see if it increased dps at all

Tethler
04-17-2019, 11:23 PM
Sounds like a pita. Moving ragebringer to OH to maintain haste, or equipping a second haste to swap?

mattmanbass
04-17-2019, 11:47 PM
You would have to move rb to oh for sure

Legidias
04-18-2019, 09:25 AM
You'd also want to switch in a fast MH in between blam stick for reset if you really wanted to go at it

Bbeta
04-18-2019, 10:27 PM
in theory you can do this. but ultimately ur dps will drop over time. its really hard to keep up that pace of switching weapons for every BS refresh. in practice not worth.

d3r14k
04-18-2019, 10:54 PM
The missed backstabs when you're fuckin up your swaps will undoubtedly make this not worth it. I guess in practice if you got really good at it and parsed your damage to see the difference you could see how much all this effort would pay off. My guess is not much gained or more likely worse than if you weren't swapping at all.

Swish2
04-18-2019, 11:02 PM
The missed backstabs when you're fuckin up your swaps will undoubtedly make this not worth it. I guess in practice if you got really good at it and parsed your damage to see the difference you could see how much all this effort would pay off. My guess is not much gained or more likely worse than if you weren't swapping at all.

Troxx
04-19-2019, 08:39 AM
The ratio ignoring damage bonus suggests Blam is 25% better. If you factor in weapon speed and damage bonus blam is only 7.5% better. With the time spent swapping weapons some of that gain will be lost and if it at all decreases your efficiency in backstabbing — you lose out big time.

You stand to gain (if you’re perfect) very little for something stupidly labor intensive. Functionally ... you’re most likely going to lose dps.

Juice isn’t worth the squeeze.

It’s a great melee dps option for rangers and warriors. For the epic monk you might see a 2% loss or up to 7% gain for mainhand damage depending on your attack, the level of the mob relative to you, and the mobs ac. A non-epic monk would benefit greatly from it. Pal/Sk have better 1h weapons by the time they get into PoM unless it’s a lower level alt. I don’t see cleric or Druid using this.

Neat toy but really only an eye popper for 2 of the classes that can use it.

Pint
04-19-2019, 09:10 AM
Surely we can get some parses posted itt from a few of the classes that have the wep

Legidias
04-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Wish it had some proc like BLAM that could do a high DD, but with stupidly easy MR check so mobs basically resist it 90% of the time, 9% only does <10 dmg, and like 1% of all procs actually do real dmg

kotton05
04-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Just because it’s new and your class can use it doesn’t mean you should.

Troxx
04-19-2019, 07:59 PM
Just because it’s new and your class can use it doesn’t mean you should.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Cool weapon. Great for some. Meh or sidegrade for others.

Baugi
04-19-2019, 10:51 PM
If you factor in weapon speed and damage bonus blam is only 7.5% better.

How do you figure? By my math Blam is strictly worse.

I Felt Nostalgic
04-19-2019, 11:01 PM
I don't see how anyone could even think this would be a viable tactic without being able to use the bandoleer function.

https://i.imgur.com/XWOuu8G.gif

Gozuk
04-20-2019, 12:27 AM
I'll be honest you couldn't pay me enough to swap weapons for an extra couple DPS.

Legidias
04-20-2019, 12:53 AM
I don't see how anyone could even think this would be a viable tactic without being able to use the bandoleer function.

I mean, as a bard, I swap shit all the time...

Troxx
04-20-2019, 01:14 AM
I mean, as a bard, I swap shit all the time...

As a bard swapping makes you functionally more useful in clearly defined ways in the way you are actually useful as a class.

Rogues are dps not because of their weapons or haste ... it’s the backstab. Anything that interferes with optimizing that unique ability is a drawback.

How do you figure? By my math Blam is strictly worse.

Ratio is a lot better on blam. What number crunching equations are you using? 25 is faster than 40 but not by so much I’d expect it to overpower a 0.75 vs 0.6 ratio unless you factor in missed BS potential — which is undeniably huge.