PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Boon of the Garou

Midoo
04-22-2019, 03:09 PM
You probably know why I'm asking. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Sorry.

I'm planning to take my fresh new Zek-worshipping Ogre SK to Kaladim and turn in the 20+ stacks of bone chips and belts I have stockpiled.

Ball of Golem Clay might help, but I was told that a 44+ Enchanter with Boon of the Garou could do the job better and faster.

Is it castable indoors? Does it fix my faction with the Dwarves considering my choice of class and religion to the point where I could do the chip/belt turn ins?

Darkatar
04-22-2019, 04:18 PM
Is it castable indoors? Does it fix my faction with the Dwarves considering my choice of class and religion to the point where I could do the chip/belt turn ins?

Thing is the dwarves hate you for a few resons.

your race
your class
your god (maybe)

(Other crap dictates your overall con but this is probably what you care about unless you are looking to buy prenerf velium pendants or faction grind)

Almosy any non-human illusion is almost always regarded as a "neutral" race modified. (some exceptions exist, Barbs and FV do not like wolfform, Kelethin loves dogs, etc)

So, as An Ogre (Hated by dwarves) who worships Zek (Dwarves do too, perhaps neutral to dwarves?), and practices as a Shadowknight (Hated by dwarves), You can alleviate the "Ogre" portion of the equation with an illusion.

Wether or not this will push you into "Not KOS" or "Can do quests" or "Can vendor" territory is hard to predict. Most situations people do stuff like that for faction they've already gained levels and taken faction hits somewhere so it can be hard to say for sure what your result will be.

Boon is castable indoors. Wolf form is not.

PieOats
04-22-2019, 05:17 PM
Dwarfs do not abide zek, his sheep or giant fat sacks of sh!t! there is no smoke or curtain thick enough to occlude that ungodly trifecta.

-a dwarf

*brandishes is Polisjed Granite Tomahawk menacingly*

Madbad
04-22-2019, 05:26 PM
Dwarfs do not abide zek, his sheep or giant fat sacks of sh!t! there is no smoke or curtain thick enough to occlude that ungodly trifecta.

-a dwarf

Quality Content tm

Darkatar
04-22-2019, 05:35 PM

-a dwarf

Apologies, all the imbued zek plate useable by dwarves misled me!

DMN
04-22-2019, 06:30 PM
For the hell of it, you might just roll up a dwarf rogue who worships RZ and see what the quest giver cons. If it's dubious you are probably screwed no matter what.

elwing
04-22-2019, 10:46 PM
Cb belt and pad might work, it's done with the warriors... Forget about bone chips through, it's done by paladins in right beside cleric, no way they would like you with sk and rz despite boon, I think...

Tethler
04-23-2019, 05:11 AM
I mean, ask an enchanter and find out. Report back afterward and let us know if it worked.

Hibbs
04-23-2019, 05:56 AM
Don't know about dwarfs but just tried to Boon on a monk for turnin outside Cabilis. The lizard still were kos. Didn't seem to improve faction any.

Darkatar
04-23-2019, 06:37 AM
Don't know about dwarfs but just tried to Boon on a monk for turnin outside Cabilis. The lizard still were kos. Didn't seem to improve faction any.

Well, iksar do seem to hate EVERYONE, maybe it was just too big a fac gap to bridge.

Swish2
04-23-2019, 08:36 AM
Well, iksar do seem to hate EVERYONE, maybe it was just too big a fac gap to bridge.

It's tough at the top of the racial chain, tail envy ^^

Arkanjil
04-23-2019, 10:04 AM
Using AON as an evil race makes you unkos to good races....evil iksars included

Cen
04-23-2019, 12:54 PM
Dwarves cannot roll as Rallos Zek anything. Its the arch enemy religion of the race and not even their warriors can. Rallos has the lowest faction with them period.

Also not stated earlier, Iksar hate wolf and werewolf forms more then any of the standard player races.

fadetree
04-23-2019, 01:01 PM
^ fur envy

Cen
04-23-2019, 04:43 PM
^ fur envy

Considering they are scalies, you may be onto big lore