PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to find pick up groups is old Seb?

TheFishyOne
04-25-2019, 03:57 PM
So I have a 55 MNK still in black pantherskin. I’d like to group through to 60, so I can practice pulling as a nearly legally blind man. That said, I hear you have to bring your own group to Old Seb. Is this true, or can I reliably find PuGs in Old Seb?

Evia
04-25-2019, 04:07 PM
Lol thats not true at all! Sebilis is definitely relatively active, you should have no problem finding groups and exping to 60 there. Who knows! You might even win some phat lo0tz and upgrade some gear at the same time.

DinoTriz2
04-25-2019, 04:16 PM
I went 55-60 in Seb on my Rogue, but Seb is easy for Rogues.

I tend to avoid Seb if I can on my other characters. It just tends to be a pain.

Either every camp is taken (not a TON of camps) or it's tough to find everyone at the entrance to fight down or a PUG who wants to grab you at entrance.

Lots of sitting at the entrance waiting for someone else to log.

Decent cash though, so it's usually worth the wait.

Danth
04-25-2019, 04:16 PM
Whoever told you that must not actually play P99 very much, or was yanking your chain. Sebilis is THE standard pick-up grouping zone for the highest levels. This is particularly true for Monks who're frequently in demand as pullers and damage-dealers.

Danth

draconov
04-25-2019, 04:18 PM
Yes, this is possible. Half of my Seb groups actually come from starting one and sending tells, otherwise, you're going to be lfg.

TheFishyOne
04-25-2019, 04:21 PM
Cool.

As for repping someone in an already established group, I’m a MNK, and could just flop my way down.

Moerne
04-25-2019, 04:22 PM
So I have a 55 MNK still in black pantherskin. I’d like to group through to 60, so I can practice pulling as a nearly legally blind man. That said, I hear you have to bring your own group to Old Seb. Is this true, or can I reliably find PuGs in Old Seb?

Well, you can find pick up groups there. Reliably finding them is a different story. Even as a cleric, I found I spent a lot of time sitting at the zone line LFG if I was looking for a group. It's definitely a LOT easier to BYOG. That said, you can find groups there, and much of Seb can be done with a small group, so it's easier to form one up with whoever you find sitting at the zone line if you aren't going to picky about wanting a group only at the high-value camps.

Expediency
04-25-2019, 05:13 PM
I leveled my rogue there from 55ish to 60 and cant recall ever bringing a group with me. My success rate was very high, I rarely sat around.

Unfortunately there is more discrimination in seb than any other zone I have leveled in, and the king/emp camps would often rather keep an open slot than take certain classes. Every group seems to get some combination of:
1 cleric or possibly torp shaman
1 bard or enchanter
1 tank or possibly 58+ geared monk
Rest of group is DPS with rogues and monks being most wanted by a wide margin.

Necros and mages are sometimes grouped for DPS. If you are a druid or wizard dont even make the trip.

fastboy21
04-26-2019, 10:14 AM
As rogue it is very easy...

If you are looking for a true PUG (not guilded, no friends, etc.) you can spend a long time at the zone in hoping to find a grp on most other classes, including chanter and cleric.

There just aren't that many grps running there. Usually one at CE, and frequently that has 60s taking up spots hoping for loot. Usually one at King, but that is a tougher camp until the higher 50s and also filled with 60s lf loot. NG is and Disco entrance are usually being solo'd.

Seb is a great place to grind...but it can take a VERY long time to get into a grp. If you do get into a CE grp though you can literally keep that grp going for days on end if you keep finding reps. One of the best grinds anywhere.