PDA

View Full Version : Parse topping classes?

Sonark
04-25-2019, 07:31 PM
Let's go with raid scene, cause seems like group would be hugely gear dependent for everyone but Necromancers.

And what kind of numbers do they get?

Champion_Standing
04-25-2019, 09:33 PM
Wizards, druids and paladins.

aaezil
04-25-2019, 09:56 PM
Charmed pets best sustained dps assuming little/no breaks
Rogues 2nd sustained dps

Wizards best burst dps (important for some fights)

Honarable mention to rangers during the duration of their trueshot disc (and warriors for the duration of precision disc)

Sahazar
04-25-2019, 10:04 PM
Vastly underestimating damage shields on the MT vs unslowable targets in this thread.

elwing
04-25-2019, 10:41 PM
Definitely true... Saw some interesting parse from MT with a full stack of ds beating even the charmed pets...

Daloon
04-25-2019, 11:16 PM
Charm is currently used for a small number of fights (mostly Kael) equating to a tiny fraction of the raid scene. But yes, Druids/Chanters can parse #1 when used.

Rogues are still the #1 DPS for almost every fight, unless a raid geared warrior pops an offensive disc. Then come monks, followed by the rest of the melee. Very geared monks will often beat lesser/moderate geared rogues.

If you're new, keep in mind that some classes like Mages and Necros often do 0 DPS, as their roles in a raid aren't to DPS. Pets aren't even allowed for most of ToV.

Emerald_keep
04-26-2019, 09:16 AM
As a fully ntov geared Ranger i top parses right under Rogues with just auto attack on a large amount of the time. As a side note, Warriors with precision and gharns monks discing beat me.

azeth
04-26-2019, 09:46 AM
As a fully ntov geared Ranger i top parses right under Rogues with just auto attack on a large amount of the time. As a side note, Warriors with precision and gharns monks discing beat me.

Misleading information. Your worst rogue is still probably 30% more damage than you.

Troxx
04-26-2019, 02:28 PM
As a general rule and with skill, gear, and buffs being equal rangers will parse below monks and warriors (from behind and using dps weapons especially if using precision disc) and well below rogues. There are always exceptions to include but not limited to BFG and trueshot use. Rangers are a fine class but inevitably in these types of threads one or more ranger barges in with the message that rangers are super duperly awesome at << insert whatever here >>.

Parse topping classes:
-charm pets buffed if available
-rogues
-warrior tanking IF they have stacked damage shield and the mob quads/flurries unslowed
-wizards on older content with lower hp mobs. 32k dragons go down faster than Thai hooker. Velious bosses have much more hp and the fights can last long enough to run a body out of mana.

7thGate
04-26-2019, 02:46 PM
As a general rule and with skill, gear, and buffs being equal rangers will parse below monks and warriors (from behind and using dps weapons especially if using precision disc) and well below rogues. There are always exceptions to include but not limited to BFG and trueshot use. Rangers are a fine class but inevitably in these types of threads one or more ranger barges in with the message that rangers are super duperly awesome at << insert whatever here >>.

Parse topping classes:
-charm pets buffed if available
-rogues
-warrior tanking IF they have stacked damage shield and the mob quads/flurries unslowed
-wizards on older content with lower hp mobs. 32k dragons go down faster than Thai hooker. Velious bosses have much more hp and the fights can last long enough to run a body out of mana.

Depending on what your raid looks like, wizards can also sometimes top on things where they have bane nukes. We've had a wizard top DPS slightly edging out an enchanter pet with 18k damage in a...130ish second? vindi fight. Bane nukes available + enough dps to make the fight short enough not to run out of mana + enough aggro generation by main tank to allow chain nuking like that doesn't always come together though.

Troxx
04-26-2019, 06:12 PM
18k in 130 seconds :eek:

Bane nukes are sweet :)

That was some sweet dps in the part of the raid ... like over 1500 dps :eek:

Jimjam
04-26-2019, 06:16 PM
I know my ranger regularly makes 2k dps!

Edit: oh! We're talking outgoing dps, not incoming?

A solid 40 then :p.

NegaStoat
04-26-2019, 07:10 PM
While the OP was solely after raid scene damage topping, I feel the need to advocate for a level 60 magician with a focused water pet on the targets that they are able to use it on, along with just the ride to 60 and getting a water staff to use on the final pet. The price of admission is obscenely low for the damage return that it gives. Rogues / Monks / Other have to raid, sweat hard, and actually work to get comparable damage.

7thGate
04-26-2019, 07:24 PM
18k in 130 seconds :eek:

Bane nukes are sweet :)

That was some sweet dps in the part of the raid ... like over 1500 dps :eek:

Yeah, I was curious so I double checked...there were 7 rogues and two charmed pets on that one, looks like it was 128 second fight. Wizard doesn't show on the parse, but topped the charmed wolf by 4k damage and the closest rogue by 6.

elwing
04-27-2019, 01:26 AM
Still love seeing the dps the MT do with 100+stacked DS on an unsloable raid boss that quad or more...

GinnasP99
04-27-2019, 11:29 AM
Interesting that nobody mentioned BFG + trueshot

Dolalin
04-27-2019, 03:28 PM
I can beat most rogues on parse by popping Precision disc, 100% haste with Silver Whip of Rage / Dagarn's Tail combo. No primal.

If I were zerking I would beat everyone except enc charm pet.

Except most fights, I can't do this, gotta keep defensive available for a tank switch.

60 warrior.

GnomeCaptain
04-27-2019, 08:01 PM
You asked for raid stuff, but here's a response based on general groups I've experienced while leveling (I don't have a 60).

Similar to the raid responses I reckon.

Charming Enchanters in first.
Rogues and twinked monks behind that.
Good Mages, and then
Melee twinks.

azeth
04-27-2019, 10:14 PM
I can beat most rogues on parse by popping Precision disc, 100% haste with Silver Whip of Rage / Dagarn's Tail combo. No primal.

If I were zerking I would beat everyone except enc charm pet.

Except most fights, I can't do this, gotta keep defensive available for a tank switch.

60 warrior.

funniest thing ive read all... Ever

White_knight
04-27-2019, 10:19 PM
Beastlord, pet + meek melee damage.
+ DPS buffs on 2 rogues

Sonark
04-28-2019, 05:05 AM
Interesting to see some people dismiss Rangers, and others rep them.

Molitoth
04-28-2019, 10:47 AM
Interesting to see some people dismiss Rangers, and others rep them.

It really depends on how long the fight is.

BFG + Trueshot + Good arrows should get you near the top on some fights that don't last long.

Dark_Magic
04-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Lots of talking in this thread. The answer to your question - Rogue. They top every single fight in the game, period. Charmed pets are extremely situational and very dangerous / annoying. Enchanters can out damage Rogues on AoW, sure...if they're not dead. And what happens if they die? Their pet starts attacking Clerics. Super useful.

Rogue is the answer.

Uuruk
04-28-2019, 12:16 PM
The actual answer is who cares? Everyone is massively over geared. If you care about parses go play wow or something.

7thGate
04-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Rangers can be very high on parses where the can stand outside debilitating AOEs or there is wonky hitbox stuff/unstable mob positioning going on as well. I've seen a ranger parse at 6.8k damage in a sky queen bee fight where the next three were all rogues at 1.8 to 1.6k respectively. We had an early death touch and a bad pickup post DT, which resulted in a lot of movement and difficult to follow positioning as she buzzed around and killed her way through eight to ten people before the cheal chain stabilized on a tank that could handle her. All that movement combined with her floaty hit box messed with melee dps considerably, but was completely irrelevant to arrows.

You can also stand outside of dragon breath weapons and AOE fear with a ranger as long as you've got and exquisite velium bow or better. Depending on what that dragon is, that can matter a ton for DPS purposes.

1asdfasdf1
04-29-2019, 01:42 PM
You asked for raid stuff, but here's a response based on general groups I've experienced while leveling (I don't have a 60).

Similar to the raid responses I reckon.

Charming Enchanters in first.
Rogues and twinked monks behind that.
Good Mages, and then
Melee twinks.

Never level with Wizzies?

heartbrand
04-30-2019, 12:47 AM
Has anyone ever posted about how precision never meant in classic 100% hit rate?

Dolalin
04-30-2019, 02:54 AM
Has anyone ever posted about how precision never meant in classic 100% hit rate?

I've heard precision disc is non-classic here, it was meant to be the opposite of evasive, not 100% hit rate. Might be worth another trip to the bug forum today.

GnomeCaptain
05-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Never level with Wizzies?

That's basically why I didn't mention them.

Wizard is my second favorite class I reckon, maybe most favorite.

But I haven't see many leveling.

Heebs13
05-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I was curious so I double checked...there were 7 rogues and two charmed pets on that one, looks like it was 128 second fight. Wizard doesn't show on the parse, but topped the charmed wolf by 4k damage and the closest rogue by 6.

It's really easy to figure out your total damage on a bane target as a wizard. You just look in your bags and see how many peridots you burned through, then multiply that by 1000. Wizards may not show up on parses but they are doing a lot of damage behind the scenes.

7thGate
05-05-2019, 11:51 AM
ALS' level 60 wizard would have placed third on the Vyemm kill parse with 18k damage,
behind two of the 13 rogues. It is tough to say though if some of the other rogues were higher due to the knockback messing with the person gathering the parse data. The rogue who took the parse in question was beat out by 2.5k by the wizard, however, so it seems likely the wizard would have been up there. Wizard was behind the DS main tank as well, since that didn't show on the rogue's parse.

Bane nukes are no joke DPS wise.

elwing
05-05-2019, 12:35 PM
I'd like to see the mt parse, assuming he had a correct 100+ds stack.... The damage from the ds should have been impressive too...

Heebs13
05-05-2019, 01:04 PM
ALS' level 60 wizard would have placed third on the Vyemm kill parse with 18k damage,
behind two of the 13 rogues. It is tough to say though if some of the other rogues were higher due to the knockback messing with the person gathering the parse data. The rogue who took the parse in question was beat out by 2.5k by the wizard, however, so it seems likely the wizard would have been up there. Wizard was behind the DS main tank as well, since that didn't show on the rogue's parse.

Bane nukes are no joke DPS wise.

Does the wizard in question have the Dragon Bane spell? That spell is ultra rare.

7thGate
05-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Yes, that's Dragon Bane damage.

I think the main tank was around 26k, IIRC he posted his parse locally in chat. I had my log off to try and help minimize any connection problems I might have had, since I had DCed on our first Vyemm attempt, so I can't go back to verify that easily.

Heebs13
05-05-2019, 01:45 PM
Yes, that's Dragon Bane damage.

I think the main tank was around 26k, IIRC he posted his parse locally in chat. I had my log off to try and help minimize any connection problems I might have had, since I had DCed on our first Vyemm attempt, so I can't go back to verify that easily.

Grats him. I've been trying to get that spell on my wiz for a long time. I know very few people who have it.