PDA

View Full Version : Name Reservation for Green?

fastboy21
04-28-2019, 11:28 AM
I know this is a very early question to bring up, but have the Devs given any thought to a name reservation system for Green?

There are all kinds of obvious problems with creating such a thing...but I think it would also be good for the community and a way of advertising the new server. It could also be a great way of rewarding the players who have supported p99 through the years (either through donations, through good play, no RMT bans, etc.).

I'm dreading the trolling that will take place from name thieves on launch day.

Coridan
04-28-2019, 11:58 AM
I'm going to name my first character Swish

ReadOnly
04-28-2019, 04:39 PM
No such thing as name thieving. Names are first come - first serve. This is EQ classic.

Jauna
04-28-2019, 04:44 PM
I already opened up like 5 new accounts and I am going to snipe all the high fantasy names like Deedlit, Legolas and whatever else plus current names on Blue from high value characters and then sell the name rights for blue plat.

payment first, of course.

DMN
04-28-2019, 04:44 PM
I got dibs on Greenis.

Cen
04-28-2019, 05:03 PM
I feel like some folks are going to spend a lot of time maliciously sniping those well known people on blue for either being well known raiders in a guild or youtube or twitchers and such.

Wonkie
04-28-2019, 05:07 PM
Dibs on Wutang

Rader
04-29-2019, 09:29 AM
If Green will be rolled into Blue once its timeline is done, they should reject Green names that are already taken on Blue (if that is possible, don't know how the code works).

Another question, what happens if a login account has more than 8 chars, combined, between Blue and Green and they merge?

loramin
04-29-2019, 11:12 AM
If Green will be rolled into Blue once its timeline is done, they should reject Green names that are already taken on Blue (if that is possible, don't know how the code works).

Another question, what happens if a login account has more than 8 chars, combined, between Blue and Green and they merge?

It should definitely be possible: the staff just needs to create some means for the servers to communicate and/or share a database, neither of which is hard. And it would make a ton of sense: if they don't they're going to have a nightmare of hundreds of name changes when/if the merge happens.

As for your second question, my guess is that if they can't merge the account with your's because it's full, they'd just make it a completely fresh separate Blue account. Heck, they might not do any merging at all and just do that for everyone, to keep it simple.

DinoTriz2
04-29-2019, 11:16 AM
I got dibs on:

Targüs Targüs

eqgmrdbz
04-29-2019, 12:27 PM
This is as classic as it could get, can't get the name you want...to bad. There is going to be so much BS going on that if you are a true EQ classic player, you are going to reap the benefits of picking any name and setting out on your adventure, A "name" is not going to boost your stats.

Bardp1999
04-29-2019, 02:12 PM
Dibs on Wutang

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1asdfasdf1
04-29-2019, 02:14 PM
I want all variants on "Heallzzzyouuuu" and "Mezzmurrrrr"