PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide what to level first

Midoo
04-28-2019, 02:32 PM
Hi. I'm Midoo and I'm an altoholic.

I'm a fairly indecisive person who's relatively new to EQ period, and through trial and (a lot of) error, I managed to narrow out three classes that are the most fun to me personally- the Cleric, the Druid and the Necromancer (refer to my siggy)-- but kind of gotten to the point where I stare at the character select screen sometimes for half an hour not knowing which one I should have as my main alt for when I'm bored with my Shaman.

All of them are fun. I enjoy the healing power and group usefulness of the Cleric, the mobility of the Druid and the solo power of the Necromancer equally.

Most people who played this game have a solid idea of what the endgame is like, and I would like to beseech (I had to google that word) your aid concerning what class would be the most rewarding to level up in the long term before the others.

Coridan
04-28-2019, 02:53 PM
If you don't vote cleric don't bitch when there's no one to Rez your swarm kiting ass

jazzman_so_fresh
04-28-2019, 04:06 PM
I voted necro because it's the most polar play type to your shaman main... That is, if you mainly group with your shaman.

username17
04-28-2019, 09:38 PM
Cleric. Having a cleric that can rez in your pocket is invaluable.

Issar
04-28-2019, 09:58 PM
Cleric, because you already have a strong solo class as your main. Grouping is where the fun is at in EQ.

Swish2
04-28-2019, 09:59 PM
Cleric. Having a cleric that can rez in your pocket is invaluable.

Even though you can't rez yourself, right?

Expediency
04-28-2019, 11:28 PM
Cleric will be the most useful after 39. Necro will be the best soloer by far. Druid can solo well outdoors and earn you money at lower levels by porting but will be the weakest char at 60.

I would advise you to roll the cleric + one of the others. Park cleric in grouping zones and if you can not get a group, play the other as a solo char. Having only one char greatly limits you when you can not get a group.

Quinas
04-29-2019, 01:51 AM
Server doesn't need more druids or necros.

DMN
04-29-2019, 02:49 AM

Server doesn't need jack shit.

Swish2
04-29-2019, 06:31 AM

Sounds like something a druid or necro would say...

Quinas
04-29-2019, 06:36 AM
Ench and Shammy, actually!