PDA

View Full Version : Open question: How do YOU sock 2+ day spawns when you're not home?

TrendyDru
05-01-2019, 01:53 PM
I'd like to get some of the communities thoughts on the most efficient ways of camping mobs with several day spawn times.

Context:
I'm coming up on the last few drops for Enchanter epic (2-4 days) in Neriak and Cabilis. Trying to come up with efficient methods of camping these. I considered turning my twitch stream on while I am at work so I can check on it periodically.

The only issue with this is I don't think it'll kick my login at home off if I log in from my laptop at work. It'll just give me the "You already have a character logged in" message.

How do you combat this bottleneck for quests?

DromalPhrenia
05-01-2019, 02:11 PM
It sounds like you can log in at work, so stay logged in on your laptop? I guess there's a reason this isn't an option or else you wouldn't need a thread.

You can ask someone (or pay someone) to camp it for you, I know one of my guildmates was doing that. They'd just have to hit you up using your favorite chat client to tell you to log in and loot it.

kaizersoze
05-01-2019, 02:16 PM
Take a vacation and never sleep. Do meth to stay awake the entire window.

Ripqozko
05-01-2019, 02:16 PM

Adderall and coke.are.alternatives.

TrendyDru
05-01-2019, 02:21 PM
I just saw a thread on someone selling loot rights for 80k for these camps. Which made my eye twitch. So that pretty much axed my ability to complete these pieces unless I buy them. Kind of demoralizing but I guess I'm just butthurt lol

I can log in if need be, but staying logged in at work isn't really possible. Which is unlucky. I wasn't sure there was a way to kick my login at home to log in from work. From reading it sounds like these camps are duoable. So even if I was able to log in from work the chances of me getting there with someone to kill would be too late.

TrendyDru
05-01-2019, 02:22 PM

This actually sounds like the most realistic method for these camps on p99 :D

loramin
05-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Clearly this thread is what Brad would have wanted (and yes, there are multiple levels to that bad sarcastic joke).

zanderklocke
05-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Why not just form a farming group with those items put on reserve like torpor last time?

TrendyDru
05-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Why not just form a farming group with those items put on reserve like torpor last time?

Because fuck you, thats why.

Also, hi :P Glad I'm still remembered around these parts LOL

LazyHydras
05-01-2019, 03:04 PM
Drozlin and Verena are fairly easy mobs as epic mobs go (just need a competent force of mid 50s or 60s), the problem has always been mobilizing that force within an hour or two of their spawn.

That requires a halfway active guild or friends that cares about you. :)

snyder43
05-01-2019, 03:12 PM
I'd like to get some of the communities thoughts on the most efficient ways of camping mobs with several day spawn times.

Context:
I'm coming up on the last few drops for Enchanter epic (2-4 days) in Neriak and Cabilis. Trying to come up with efficient methods of camping these. I considered turning my twitch stream on while I am at work so I can check on it periodically.

The only issue with this is I don't think it'll kick my login at home off if I log in from my laptop at work. It'll just give me the "You already have a character logged in" message.

How do you combat this bottleneck for quests?

1.) Make a level 1 character and put him at either spawn. Keep him logged in 24/7
2.) Set up GINA triggers that say something like "Verina Tomb begins to cast a spell"
3.) Do something else other than EQ for the next few weeks
4.) When you hear the GINA triggers go off, RUN to your computer and assemble a small force ASAP to kill them

I don't have the ability to play at work, and this is how I got both VT and VD (when they were on 2-7 day timers).

P.S. Isn't VD still a 2-7 day spawn?

TrendyDru
05-01-2019, 03:37 PM
1.) Make a level 1 character and put him at either spawn. Keep him logged in 24/7
2.) Set up GINA triggers that say something like "Verina Tomb begins to cast a spell"
4.) When you hear the GINA triggers go off, RUN to your computer and assemble a small force ASAP to kill them

I don't have the ability to play at work, and this is how I got both VT and VD (when they were on 2-7 day timers).

P.S. Isn't VD still a 2-7 day spawn?

If I made a separate account and camped it there when I wasn't actually at home and logged into my Enc from my laptop (at work or on the go) Would that break the "2 box" rule? Seems grey area.. Since I'm technically not playing on the same IP.

I thought spawn times for both were changed to 2-4 days. Maybe it was only Verina.

Jlpstrtkng
05-01-2019, 05:17 PM
You could always set up a remote connection to your pc at home so you could just control your home pc from work if need be. That way you won’t get the log in issues

Oleris
05-01-2019, 05:28 PM
You can stream on hitbox or something else that no one watches. You can remote connect with PARSEC or login at work. You can boot yourself most times by logging in to your ISP account and clicking reset router (works for spectrum at least)

DromalPhrenia
05-01-2019, 06:32 PM
Drozlin and Verena are fairly easy mobs as epic mobs go (just need a competent force of mid 50s or 60s), the problem has always been mobilizing that force within an hour or two of their spawn.

VT can actually be solo'd, or you can duo her with a cleric.

VD is a little rougher but still doable, although that time a full group of guildies showed up before I was even in zone and had him at like half health :D

Also everyone should check out the rules clarification thread where someone has posted a screenshot of a Senior Guide saying these are camps, not FTEs.

aaezil
05-01-2019, 06:59 PM

Funny - thats exactly how brad envisioned it

sacman08
05-01-2019, 08:37 PM
Take Friday or Monday off and do sock weekend. Have a friend camp the spot while you’re at work during the week or as suggested camp on vacation.

branamil
05-01-2019, 08:45 PM
> hey man how was your weekend? I went to the Beach with my friends and had some beers, you?

I stared unblinking at a virtual sewer pipe for 72 hours in hopes of winning a mystical curio so that my elf could become slightly more powerful until he gets deleted in a few months

Ssouky
05-02-2019, 02:01 AM
Just imagine now having to live through Stormfeather 3rd skip.

TWICE.

Hibbs
05-02-2019, 02:45 AM

Pretty much this. I would let your friends or guidies know you are socking. See if they could park a high level alt near them incase of spawn.

They also respawn on quake. Could bind and try to be one of the first of 10 others gating to tag first lol

BurtMacklinFBI
05-02-2019, 09:42 AM
> hey man how was your weekend? I went to the Beach with my friends and had some beers, you?

I stared unblinking at a virtual sewer pipe for 72 hours in hopes of winning a mystical curio so that my elf could become slightly more powerful until he gets deleted in a few months

lmaoooo

kjs86z
05-02-2019, 11:31 AM
The normal human being answer:

You don't.

Jimjam
05-02-2019, 11:59 AM
The winning move is not to play.

Baylan295
05-02-2019, 12:01 PM

You mean minutes of their spawn? Back when I was camping VD, there were 4 forces parked down there...

FatherSioux
05-02-2019, 01:11 PM
The normal human being answer:

You don't.

Maelstrom
05-04-2019, 01:38 PM
I used google hangouts screenshare to monitor SF camp on my phone when I was in line for the camp. It was intensive on my phone battery, but did the job.

whitebandit
05-04-2019, 09:08 PM

when i was 12 in 1999 and was introduced to this game by some pretty "elite" players, i didnt understand how they did it, now i do.

sacman08
05-04-2019, 09:32 PM
I used google hangouts screenshare to monitor SF camp on my phone when I was in line for the camp. It was intensive on my phone battery, but did the job.

I am surprised it even shows you anything in game. I have tried playing or looking at 3D games via a screenshare and its super laggy at best. If this route is being explored why not just setup RDP or VNC for remote control and monitor? The crunch is if your named spawns and tou need to engage.

wtsgoodtime
05-04-2019, 11:15 PM
The winning move is not to play.

This. It makes me sad that we're in this state... I understand wanting epics to be rare and hard to obtain. I can't help but think it should be those things based on skill required rather than commitment to socking.

Madbad
05-04-2019, 11:55 PM
If I made a separate account and camped it there when I wasn't actually at home and logged into my Enc from my laptop (at work or on the go) Would that break the "2 box" rule? Seems grey area.. Since I'm technically not playing on the same IP.

I thought spawn times for both were changed to 2-4 days. Maybe it was only Verina.

You need one person per box or you are 2-boxing.

jackd104
05-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Consider unemployment.

branamil
05-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Ask yourself if in 5 years you'll be glad you lost a weekend to get a mystical artifact in Elf Jail #6621767

derpcake2
05-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Roll an alt and twink it.

Even if you get your epic on what is now your main, you'll just start desiring the next big upgrade, and given from your description it doesn't seem like you lack irl what it takes to be one of the people in BiS gear.