PDA

View Full Version : Duo or not to Duo

Wickedbane
05-04-2019, 01:12 PM
I saw somewhere before that there is a guide on which classes duo better together.

I can’t seem to find it.

cornisthebest
05-04-2019, 02:18 PM
enchanter + literally anything else is pretty good

loramin
05-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Same with Shaman and almost anything.

Top most powerful duo is probably Enchanter + Cleric. Monk + Shaman might be second.

Both those pairings have slow and healing along with some very solid DPS (in the former it comes from Enchanter pet, in the latter from the Shaman-buffed Monk), and you want as much of those three things as possible in your duo.

Muggens
05-04-2019, 02:27 PM
Youre thinking of this? P99 Duo Chart
https://vivid-inferno-1662.firebaseapp.com

elwing
05-04-2019, 02:33 PM
Charmed pet +cheal is cheating...

DMN
05-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Charmed pet +cheal is cheating...

But it's not as exp efficient as killing off your charms. I've always said the best duo for pure experience is ench + necro.

Jimjam
05-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Is there still the feature of /duelling your partner? I know a Druid/enchanter partnership that did this. The pets would kill each other and both players would get XP.

sacman08
05-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Me as a SK and a friend as a Pally was loads of fun and good duo times. Both can tank, heal (or self heal), add snare and fear kite plus the Lay of Hands if there are any oh crap moments was good fun until they nerfed duo exp on live.

whitebandit
05-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Is there still the feature of /duelling your partner? I know a Druid/enchanter partnership that did this. The pets would kill each other and both players would get XP.

would the enchanter break charm before it died i assume? this sounds like it could be a thing, ive never seen it but seems like it could be at least fun, maybe not most efficient but probably pretty safe.

Topgunben
05-04-2019, 09:33 PM
necro plus monk is really good. no down time for deaths or CR's. FD will let you go places most other duo's could only dream of.

Necro gets a great heal in the late 40s i think, Pact of Shadow, which heals for much more than it drains.

but ya, would be nice to have a compilation of whats good and whats not.

loramin
05-04-2019, 09:58 PM

This is great! I wish we could get it into the wiki, but the wiki sort of sucks at saving crowd data (even the checklists I added to the wiki only actually live on each user's computer, because the wiki lacks any kind of "database API").

But if whoever made it was willing to keep hosting the data-saving (ie. Firebase) part on their server, we could totally add the rest of it (the part players see and use to rank duos) to the wiki. If whoever made it is interested please PM me and I can explain the details (short version: I'll have to add the Javascript for you, since only wiki admins can do that, but otherwise we should be able to make it happen).

GnomeCaptain
05-04-2019, 10:30 PM
As Enchanter my favorite duo partners are

Druid
Necromancer
Cleric
Bard
Ranger

Wickedbane
05-04-2019, 10:59 PM

Muggens
05-05-2019, 01:29 AM
This is great! I wish we could get it into the wiki, but the wiki sort of sucks at saving crowd data (even the checklists I added to the wiki only actually live on each user's computer, because the wiki lacks any kind of "database API").

But if whoever made it was willing to keep hosting the data-saving (ie. Firebase) part on their server, we could totally add the rest of it (the part players see and use to rank duos) to the wiki. If whoever made it is interested please PM me and I can explain the details (short version: I'll have to add the Javascript for you, since only wiki admins can do that, but otherwise we should be able to make it happen).

Yeah dont remember who made it but he posted it here on the forums a long time ago, could try searching and send a pm. Thanks for all the good work on the wiki Loramin

loramin
05-05-2019, 01:56 AM
Yeah dont remember who made it but he posted it here on the forums a long time ago, could try searching and send a pm. Thanks for all the good work on the wiki Loramin

NP :D

djvyhle
05-05-2019, 11:08 AM
Same with Shaman and almost anything.

Top most powerful duo is probably Enchanter + Cleric. Monk + Shaman might be second.

Both those pairings have slow and healing along with some very solid DPS (in the former it comes from Enchanter pet, in the latter from the Shaman-buffed Monk), and you want as much of those three things as possible in your duo.

How would you rate the two counterparts together: Enchanter+Shaman?

Duckwalk
05-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Enc Shm is arguably just as good as Enc Clr. You lose CH and stuns but gain malo, better slows, additional dps, and much better mana regen. At 60 your have torpor.

If you need to you can memblur your pet after fights to heal to full almost as quickly as CH. My main complaint playing an enc in a enc+clr combo was the workload rested squarely on the enc’s shoulders. The cleric had to stay awake for stuns but otherwise they didn’t do much other than occasionally stand and toss a heal out.

Enc+shm evens out that workload better in my opinion without sacrificing much if anything.

Raev
05-05-2019, 07:24 PM
The biggest "problem" with ENC/SHM is that the Shaman doesn't increase the Enchanter's survivability much due to lack of +HP buffs and stuns -unless- the Shaman can torpor tank the NPC in question, in which case the Enchanter is much happier on charm breaks (of course at that point any other class world work). Druid is by far the weakest of the three priests unless there are charmable animals though. You could make an argument that ENC/PAL is better than ENC/DRU unless snare is useful.

But personally I prefer trios, which is clearly the way the game was designed to be played. You can basically pick 1) any melee class 2) any priest class 3) any wizard class and things are just about guaranteed to work out as long as long as a) you have one of BRD/ENC/SHM and b) you don't pick Wizard. The server is just too mature for full groups (on Green they will be more needed) but trios give the right level of challenge and social interaction IMO.

Arcticflava
05-06-2019, 01:41 AM
Necro/Necro - Both can heal, FD, Rez, Mez, CC, have the highest mana regen in the game, and do insane dps, and can also double pet or even double charm. There are more powerful duo's, but this is an extremely versitle and unique duo, with near limitless potential.

One of my favorite parts about dual Necro duo's is they get free unlimited heals. If both necro's cast Shadowbond on each other (Heal over time spell) The spells cancel each other out on the health cost, and the 10 mana cost is negated by Lich, so both get free heals from it.

DMN
05-06-2019, 02:34 AM
I don't think the necro heals work like that anymore. They used to only drain about 2/3 of the hit points they healed. Now I think it's 3/3.

Arcticflava
05-06-2019, 03:48 AM
I don't think the necro heals work like that anymore. They used to only drain about 2/3 of the hit points they healed. Now I think it's 3/3.

It works.

You can also cancel magic on yourself to give free heals.

DMN
05-06-2019, 04:07 AM
It works.

You can also cancel magic on yourself to give free heals.

Ya, you can cancel magic on it, but it's a pian n the ass unles you want to run around with no buffs on due to dispells being semi-random now. And I'm pretty darn sure heals are all 1 for 1 ratio now. So two people casting on each other accomplish nothing but waste mana.

Duckwalk
05-06-2019, 08:46 AM
Necro heals only cost like 10 mana but make up for it by costing the caster health/tick. The healing on the spell is greater than the health cost so with two necros casting their heals on each other the healing component from the other necro’s heal out does the loss of health component for their own spell. It works similar to how shaman gain net mana from torpor+canni because torpor is so cheap.

red_demonman
05-06-2019, 08:58 AM
Very specific case - but 2x druids duoing all of bear pits is pretty nutty.

DMN
05-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Necro heals only cost like 10 mana but make up for it by costing the caster health/tick. The healing on the spell is greater than the health cost so with two necros casting their heals on each other the healing component from the other necro’s heal out does the loss of health component for their own spell. It works similar to how shaman gain net mana from torpor+canni because torpor is so cheap.

Like i said I'm pretty sure that's been changed for awhile now. The necro heal line is now 1 hp for 1 hp. Unless they for some reason changed it back again.

Topgunben
05-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Necro/Necro - Both can heal, FD, Rez, Mez, CC, have the highest mana regen in the game, and do insane dps, and can also double pet or even double charm. There are more powerful duo's, but this is an extremely versitle and unique duo, with near limitless potential.

One of my favorite parts about dual Necro duo's is they get free unlimited heals. If both necro's cast Shadowbond on each other (Heal over time spell) The spells cancel each other out on the health cost, and the 10 mana cost is negated by Lich, so both get free heals from it.

Necro/Necro is pretty good. Not being able to use the same DOTs is a little annoying though, but then again, pets do so much damage that most mobs fall before DOT's have a chance to reach their full effectiveness.

This is all so subjective to where and what the duo is hunting. If its a decent static camp, necro/necro is great. But if there is a lot of movement, having to pull as a necro means no medding, and loss of HP with lich.

My favorite duo has always been Monk/Nec. Both classes compliment eachother well, and with FD, you can get in and out of places without much risk.

branamil
05-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Bard+Wiz is fastest XP in the game

DMN
05-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Bard+Wiz is fastest XP in the game

Possibly true but a little misleading. The bard isn't going to gain anything by teaming with the wizard. Most of the time in swarm kiting is spent rounding mobs up, not killing them. it's also highly based on the zone/mob availability and if you are feeding 2 players with the swarm kiting exp you need a twice as demanding access to mobs.