PDA

View Full Version : What dungeon would you give a 2.0?

Coridan
05-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Kerra Isle, Runnyeye, Splitpaw, Chardok. Those dungeons got 2.0s to try and get them some love and attention. For Chardok it worked, for the rest, not so much. What dungeon would you give a 2.0 to bring some more attention to it?

I'd say Najena. The concept of the zone is cool, just needs some better itemization to get people in there.

Yttrium
05-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Cazic Thule.

I remember it being hugely popular in Vanilla then wasting to nothing after Kunark.

baakss
05-10-2019, 07:08 PM
Kedge Keep

feniin
05-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Kerra Isle, Runnyeye, Splitpaw, Chardok. Those dungeons got 2.0s to try and get them some love and attention. For Chardok it worked, for the rest, not so much. What dungeon would you give a 2.0 to bring some more attention to it?

I'd say Najena. The concept of the zone is cool, just needs some better itemization to get people in there.

Najena has a lot of relevant items for lower levels. Great layout, too. One of the best made dungeons.

Befallen is one that could use a 2.0. There's hardly any useful loot. People only go there to powerlevel or farm reapers.

putrid_plum
05-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Pretty sure cazic Thule dungeon got camped up to high end dungeon later

loramin
05-10-2019, 07:27 PM
Kedge Keep

This, but I'm also really hoping for a savage custom content version of Veksar someday after Green's release.

Castigate
05-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Howling Stones, but as a Quake or Doom level, not EQ.

ryachart
05-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Kaesora - This dungeon is overall pretty cool, but it scares away almost everybody because of its "Once you enter you can't leave" layout.

branamil
05-10-2019, 07:31 PM
The age of Men is over; the age of Gnoll has come. Clan Darkpaw will slay you all! GRRR BARK BARK GRRRRRR!!!

Kayso2
05-10-2019, 07:58 PM

Not only did it, but it was pretty good.

Khikik
05-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Dalnir

Wallicker
05-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Kaesora - This dungeon is overall pretty cool, but it scares away almost everybody because of its "Once you enter you can't leave" layout.

Kaesora is a relatively small zone and quite easy to leave, not to mention you can bind right outside! Low hp mobs, high zem, so funny to see zero people in this zone and 40 in CoM!

LazyHydras
05-10-2019, 09:52 PM
Dalnir or Kaesora

Kinaki
05-10-2019, 09:53 PM
Veksar

Nycon43
05-10-2019, 10:27 PM
Dalnir. Kaesora is actually pretty nice after being there on my rogue a few weeks back, just need convince people. Way better than shitty Mistmoore.

Tethler
05-10-2019, 10:30 PM
Qeynos Aquaducts

ldgo86
05-10-2019, 10:31 PM
I wish the goblin basement in HK led to a zoned dungeon for 30+

Tethler
05-10-2019, 10:37 PM
I wish the goblin basement in HK led to a zoned dungeon for 30+

Would make sense to connect to Runnyeye since it's geographically nearby and also goblins.

ldgo86
05-10-2019, 10:39 PM
Would make sense to connect to Runnyeye since it's geographically nearby and also goblins.

Exactly my thought after posting that

Crede
05-10-2019, 11:00 PM
Kerra isle isn’t a dungeon. But there’s a metric shit ton of mobs there that are up all too often. It’s closer to a druid portal than unrest/GUk but yet is perma empty. People generally avoid casters but it’s a damn shame because of the mob count there. Rat monks make some great charm pets there as well. Would like to get a zem there, could have full groups pulling 3x the mobs of an equivalent unrest camp.

joppykid
05-10-2019, 11:49 PM
Cazic Thule.

I remember it being hugely popular in Vanilla then wasting to nothing after Kunark.

came here to say nothing. Left agreeing with this. So much nostalgia in this zone...

Tethler
05-11-2019, 12:23 AM
Kerra isle isn’t a dungeon. But there’s a metric shit ton of mobs there that are up all too often. It’s closer to a druid portal than unrest/GUk but yet is perma empty. People generally avoid casters but it’s a damn shame because of the mob count there. Rat monks make some great charm pets there as well. Would like to get a zem there, could have full groups pulling 3x the mobs of an equivalent unrest camp.

I've legit never zoned in to Kerra Isle. Kinda makes me want to take a look.

loramin
05-11-2019, 01:16 AM
I've legit never zoned in to Kerra Isle. Kinda makes me want to take a look.

It's a fun zone and I leveled my Enchanter there, but the entrance and area past the first bridge is the only really viable solo spot I found.

I tried several places elsewhere in the zone (nothing sees invis so it's easy to explore), especially once I leveled past entrance ... but almost everywhere else the mobs are packed so densely it's hard to start a camp.

Topgunben
05-11-2019, 01:18 AM
Cazic Thule.

whats up with this zone? everytime I go there, i spend about 5 minutes getting trashed and then zone out wondering why i went there in the first place.

Crede
05-11-2019, 02:08 AM
whats up with this zone? everytime I go there, i spend about 5 minutes getting trashed and then zone out wondering why i went there in the first place.

99% of players take the path of least resistance when leveling. Cazic Thule mobs are not easy relative to their level. Nor are Kerra isle mobs. This is why mistmoore/overthere/unrest/CoM/etc generally are crowded. The mobs are a cakewalk. You actually have to pay attention to the mobs in the harder zones, hence why they are empty.

Verant totally fucked up zems not giving the harder zones a better modifier.

Prostatus
05-11-2019, 02:56 AM
Not only did it, but it was pretty good.

If there was any custom content that would be perfect for this server it would be this zone!!

elwing
05-11-2019, 03:28 AM
Give us veksar 0.9 already...

Valdain
05-11-2019, 08:48 AM
I think it would be cool to have seen more in the mines under High Keep. I'd really like to see it go deeper and have a back entrance in EK or Runnyeye something, to show just how the Goblins managed to find their way in there. It never came off to me that it was a planned attack, but more of them just stumbling on it by mistake

Champion_Standing
05-11-2019, 08:59 AM
KC but make it half the size with twice the spawns

Worry
05-11-2019, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't really call Kerra Isle a dungeon, but I think it could use some more useful npc's.

Befallen and Cazic Thule need reworks. Blackburrow needs more mobs.

I love Kaesora personally.

loramin
05-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Verant totally fucked up zems not giving the harder zones a better modifier.

The ZEMs here are custom, they're not the classic Verant ones.

Amyas
05-11-2019, 10:59 AM
Sleeper's tomb via having him awaken every 30s days or so and drop prenerf and no longer dropping loots.

platapus
05-11-2019, 12:35 PM
permafrost should have been what qeynos is to freeport, to lguk.

Izmael
05-11-2019, 04:42 PM
I don't know why CT is so deserted on P99. Back on live it was thriving, and I don't remember it being all that hard.

I exped there quite a bit on my rogue in ... 2000 or 2001. It was a perfectly fine leveling spot with pickup groups pretty much always available.

Is the current version of CT on P99 really classic?

Ravager
05-11-2019, 06:02 PM
I don't know why CT is so deserted on P99. Back on live it was thriving, and I don't remember it being all that hard.

I exped there quite a bit on my rogue in ... 2000 or 2001. It was a perfectly fine leveling spot with pickup groups pretty much always available.

Is the current version of CT on P99 really classic?
Live didn't have a loot/level/strategy wiki and there were a lot more lower level and mid level players at any given time. As I write this there are only 121 folks on between the levels of 30 and 40. Of the ones not anonymous, 53 of them are typically solo classes (druid, shaman, necromancer, magician, enchanter). Not to say they aren't looking for a group, but they're less likely to be looking for groups. So, to find a group in those levels you basically need to be wherever other people of those levels are hanging out if you're not going to build your own expedition.

Cazic-thule really is no harder to master than any other zone if you actually try to, but people not familiar with it will get lost, will pull deadly trains and will get frustrated watching their mobs get healed through the walls.

It's out of the way for non-evils and the loot isn't bad, but it's not enticing enough to build a group for and it's hard to convince someone to go there, because if the group fails; it's a long corpse run. If the group breaks up; now you've got to spend the time making the trip back to wherever you were.

It's a fun zone, but most people don't want to spend the time trying to get something going there.

Danth
05-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Siren's Grotto should have a revised version since we're long overdue for it per the original timeline. As such that's number 1 on my list.

Danth

Kesselring
05-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Id like to see crystal caverns get a rework with orcs taking over the the dwarf town and having a huge ZEM boost with new items.

Nathaniel
05-12-2019, 12:32 AM
Cazic Thule is an amazing zone to crawl for a 30s group - if anything it could use a ZEM boost.

cornisthebest
05-12-2019, 06:18 PM
the real reason CT sucks is because there's ~5 types of clerics in that zone and they just spam heal through the wall. The camps are pretty good though

Izmael
05-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Cazic Thule is an amazing zone to crawl for a 30s group - if anything it could use a ZEM boost.

This.

Tweaking ZEM doesn't disrupt classicness as it's very classic itself.

But it could help making places such as CT, Dalnir, Splitpaw, Perma... viable exp spots again.

hillgiantchamp
05-13-2019, 12:21 AM
the real reason CT sucks is because there's ~5 types of clerics in that zone and they just spam heal through the wall. The camps are pretty good though

this is exactly why no one goes there on this server. the wall healing in lots of places is really really bad

Zuranthium
05-13-2019, 10:16 PM
Every dungeon should be changed to have variable spawns and loot tables (and with faster respawns in general for most dungeons), and every dungeon's exp modifier and loot tables should be adjusted such that they are "worth" going to - including different exp modifiers for individual NPC's (more difficult dungeon areas would give proper reward). There's too many specifics to bother writing out here, but every dungeon in the game would have a decent amount of traffic, and the entirety of every dungeon would be worth hunting, if things were done right. The unpredictability of the spawns and increased reward for doing more of a "dungeon crawl" approach would create far more interesting gameplay.

The current biggest "missed opportunity" dungeon to me is probably Skyshrine. That place is enormous and should be able to support a large population of players; it's really sad how such an interesting and expansive place doesn't get properly utilized.

Tethler
05-14-2019, 12:57 AM
This.

Tweaking ZEM doesn't disrupt classicness as it's very classic itself.

But it could help making places such as CT, Dalnir, Splitpaw, Perma... viable exp spots again.

I'm sure Permafrost and Blackburrow would liven up a bit if the Surefall Glade port was added.

ScottBerta
05-14-2019, 01:20 AM
Dalnir could be pretty sweet if made into 2.0

Swish2
05-14-2019, 07:17 AM
You know what doesn't need an overhaul? Mistmoore.

It's perfect. Precision <3

Dugface
05-14-2019, 08:22 AM
Mistmoore is up there with crushbone.

bspa0700
05-14-2019, 08:29 AM
Dalnir, Kaesora, Nurga, Cazic Thule, Befallen, Paw, Runnyeye,

Then throw in a mix of some being high level content and some re-tooled to be same level but more ZEM/diffiiculty/itemization appropriate.

bigjeff100
05-14-2019, 10:25 AM
Stonebrunt Mountains needs a 3.0....

mumpz
05-14-2019, 11:03 AM
Stonebrunt Mountains needs a 3.0....

should have made stonebrunt a viable outdoor hunting ground 45-55 kinda like overthere round 2

mcoy
05-14-2019, 02:04 PM
this is exactly why no one goes there on this server. the wall healing in lots of places is really really bad

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=10322

Put these in the loot table and I'll brave wall healers any day...

-Mcoy

sedrie.bellamie
05-16-2019, 08:06 PM
Mistmoore is up there with crushbone.

sol b can have 2 kobold groups, bats and bugs, a group doing LDCs, and a group doing effriti, the giants and ragefire bring people check every day, and naggy makes Sol B a pretty utilized dungeon on live or p99

Expediency
05-16-2019, 08:17 PM
Most of the classic era dungeons could have used an update. There's really no reason why a dungeon without ultra high end loot should have one way entrances when half the classes cant gate. And the pathing ruins quite a few others.

Splitpaw in particular is criminally bad. South Karana has lots of players but everyone knows splitpaw is a deathtrap if you go past the large doors on the first floor. duos/trios can jump down the bridge and fight safely on the bottom floor, but non gating classes dont have this option

Kerra 2.0 was a very bad idea and makes that whole continent hard to level in. Kerra 1.0 had low level mobs that you could kill right after doing tox forest. Now you must be 15ish to even start there, meaning pre-warrens there is 0 place for level 8-15 on that whole continent.

Zuranthium
07-24-2019, 03:35 PM
Kerra 2.0 was a very bad idea and makes that whole continent hard to level in. Kerra 1.0 had low level mobs that you could kill right after doing tox forest. Now you must be 15ish to even start there, meaning pre-warrens there is 0 place for level 8-15 on that whole continent.

You can get to level 15 at Erudin docks actually. There's a level 9 NPC that spawns there and then sharks in the water. It's possible to get to level 15 in Toxxulia Forest as well. There are snakes and a level 8 NPC spawn, and then a couple higher level spiders once those green out. This stuff isn't enough to support many players, but realistically people just went to the Qeynos area anyway. Kerra Ridge was changed because people didn't go there.

If we are counting Erud's Crossing as part of the continent, then people can level up there too. I love that island actually, very cute and a good source of income for the low levels, by stocking up on the lightstones from the wisps.

When considering the Warrens (personally I think new servers should launch with all of the Odus content there at the start), Kerra Ridge should actually be changed again, if we are looking at the leveling path of the whole continent. There's a big gap of content for people level 30-40, with just shitty Stonebrunt Mountains having some scattered things to fight, or NPC's in Erudin for people who don't care about that faction (which isn't viable for good-aligned Erudites, were someone to try and level a character from 1-60 on this single continent).

Prostatus
07-24-2019, 04:05 PM
CT 2.0 would help this sever more then any other zone revamp.

elwing
07-24-2019, 04:12 PM
I would definitely vote for qeynos aquaducts...

Mblake81
07-24-2019, 04:40 PM
Add a couple more zones beneath L-Guk, Sol B.. deeper castle area in MM.

Would add more places to level in the high 50s and keep them around the lower level players (drive by buffs, ports, corpse drags, rezzes..)

Crawdad
07-24-2019, 05:49 PM

Still bitter I never got my nuke boots on live. Another vote for CT.

Bristlebaner
07-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Gotta go Najena.

kined
07-24-2019, 09:17 PM
Crystal caverns.

I love killing orcs, and the whole zone has an interesting dynamic of the dwarf city tucked beneath it. Theres just not enough mobs and the layout is lackluster and empty feeling. Would be a great solo location if you were like the only person in the zone or you kill extremely slow, but otherwise it feels like a big waste. Coolness factor is way up there for me though just because i love the underground city/orc infestation conbo. Crushbone is just too nostalgic to change or id go for that as well. Finding that castle as a kid was my most memorable eq adventure

kaizersoze
07-24-2019, 09:23 PM
I like Najena personally. Najena 2.0

Halfcell
07-24-2019, 11:00 PM
The current biggest "missed opportunity" dungeon to me is probably Skyshrine. That place is enormous and should be able to support a large population of players; it's really sad how such an interesting and expansive place doesn't get properly utilized.

This. Jack up the ZEM in this zone and people will xp there. There are plenty of mobs to support players, and the loot is actually pretty cool. Skyshrine is the best wasted zone in the game.

Also, putting in the luclin era CT revamp would be legit.

Titanas
07-25-2019, 09:31 AM
This is 100% not classic, but I always enjoyed "Leagues" in games like Path of Exile. It would be nice to see a zone that is left empty for to long to be leveled up. A zone like Befallen or Karra's Ridge would be bumped up to higher level zones with increased loot. I've done some DB editing and and creating custom content, for me as an untrained Developer it was not all that hard.

OLD
Barbed Armplates
MAGIC ITEM
Slot: ARMS
AC: 7
DEX: +2

NEW
Ornate Barbed Armplates
MAGIC ITEM NO-DROP
Slot: ARMS
AC: 14
DEX: +6 STR: +5
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +5

P.S. I played a lot of Shards of Dalaya and enjoyed visiting Befallen as a low tier Raid zone.

Titanas
07-25-2019, 09:44 AM
This. Jack up the ZEM in this zone and people will xp there. There are plenty of mobs to support players, and the loot is actually pretty cool. Skyshrine is the best wasted zone in the game.

Forgot to mention also if you Jack up the ZEM people will "Power level there" Leveling groups should/will pick the zones with least resistance.

And again Shards of Dalaya made an amazing Zone out of Skyshrine (Prison_of_Admyrrza) that spanned several raid tiers

platapus
08-13-2019, 07:43 PM

I really dont understand, I remember when I played in velious on live SS was a veritable crushbone (i dont think I used veritable right but I just wanted to) like it was always crowded, people grouping, exping, trying to get the armors... it was a veritable time square!

Although I only played through the first half of velious, and that's when I quit so maybe everyone just got totally over basically right after I left.

idk

But it was a veritable grouping wonderland as far as I could remember.

Nisse
08-13-2019, 08:15 PM
Hotzones would be incredible, every month or two 1 dungeon per level bracket receives a modest experience modifier increase to encourage people to explore underutilized zones.

Evia
08-13-2019, 08:26 PM
Hotzones would be incredible, every month or two 1 dungeon per level bracket receives a modest experience modifier increase to encourage people to explore underutilized zones.

This is classic AF and I'm surprised p99 has never done it. It would be so cool to have a good reason to get off/out of the traditional leveling path of the same zones.

Imago
08-13-2019, 08:30 PM
Needs 2.0 on P99 - Befallen, Beholder's Maze, CT, Permafrost, Nurga, Dalnir

Needs new, deeper zone on P99 added later by SOE - Sol C, LGuk, Veksar

Needs new, deeper zone on P99 never added by SOE - MM, Highkeep/Runneye, Kurn's Tower

Chortles Snort|eS
08-13-2019, 08:31 PM
me think citIeS sHoulD be turNeD inTo DunGeoNs iF donE proPerLY inSteaD of dA EZ MASS SLaUGHTeR GuARD pHenonMONomOMn U sEe in hOme TowNs

Naethyn
08-13-2019, 08:34 PM
Veksar came out in a later expansion tuned for level 65 groups. I think it would make amazing p99 content for super geared 60's. There is also a zoneline, the sunken entrance in LOIO.

Ennewi
08-13-2019, 09:49 PM
Icewell Keep and the Great Divide, with IK being more like High Keep and GD being more like Oasis in terms of mob level range, achieved just by filling half of the zone with young shardwurms, snow griffawns, and drakkal wolf pups. This would have meant making Thurgadin an alternative starting city for Dwarves. And while the ring war would have caused more zone disruption, it also would have shown newbies another aspect of content to strive towards.

Icewell could have been the dungeon for newbies to explore while waiting for the war outside to end, only to discover later that the war was lost, piecing it all together from the aftermath--finding corpses in the streets and giants blocking the way in or out. Being trapped in your own city and needing to either log/tradeskill in the meantime or get a Monk friend to train the giants away? Not classic, but it would have felt classic.

aaezil
08-13-2019, 09:51 PM
A cazic thule deeper jungle area would be cool

Orionsaight
08-27-2019, 02:32 AM
I don't know about a dungeon but I think gfay needs a 2.0. I imagine often people make wood elves and level to 3 and cant get to 4-5 in order to be accepted in orc hill groups.

I agree that the world should have large masses of emptiness or trees so that camps are not stacked madly one by one in a row. However, it would be cool if gfay had like a super hard 3-5 camp just to help people get to orc hill. Maybe its easy to do orc hill at 3? I figured it was always at least 4, most of the time 5ish.

Sometimes ill pop in gfay and tell people steamfont is often a better choice.

TomisFeline
08-27-2019, 03:33 AM
splitpaw
great zone, but the agro mechanics at the double door make the barrier to entry too high for people I think. I think that would be a super low work high reward fix in terms of unit of dev time per increased player usage of a zone

heartbrand
08-27-2019, 08:45 AM
This, but I'm also really hoping for a savage custom content version of Veksar someday after Green's release.

Lol

astuce999
08-27-2019, 11:22 AM
About Splitpaw. It's not a death-trap, there are no pathing issues. It's a great dungeon with lots of diversified camps, considering.

When you open the double doors, you'll notice there's 3-4 gnolls standing on the ground, but there's also a ledge above with a roamer. The roamer doesn't jump down the ledge when aggro'ed, he runs along the path back behind the other double doors, and aggros the 2-3 guards on the other side of the door.

Pull accordingly.

cheers,

Astuce

jacobar
08-27-2019, 12:19 PM

Blackburrow

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-27-2019, 12:28 PM
Qeynos or Cabilis catacombs. Some day dark dwarvish mines would be nice as well as some higher level roaming water monsters in lake Rathetear.