PDA

View Full Version : Are quakes random?

saftbudet
05-18-2019, 04:19 PM
Are quakes really random or spawned by roegan /Nilbog ?

Truly wonder of selfish reasons. I been waiting months for a quake not being prime us time. Again for the selfish reason of all 8th ring rolls are in the middle of the night for me.

So if quakes are not random. Could I ask for some more variety regarding spawn time for your european and asian p99 fans?

Otherwise thank you for a nice service.

Oleris
05-18-2019, 04:26 PM
They were programmed in for a while. The code broke and it appears since then it's been triggered by only Rogean & Nilbog. It would be nice if there were 3 random quakes, but at the same time I enjoy the weekend prime time ones.

saftbudet
05-18-2019, 04:37 PM
They were programmed in for a while. The code broke and it appears since then it's been triggered by only Rogean & Nilbog. It would be nice if there were 3 random quakes, but at the same time I enjoy the weekend prime time ones.

I understand I hope they fix the random trigger than. I do not understand how hard it could be. If they made a trigger. And it broke. Than it should be easy to fix?

I will plead to their human hearts then for more European and Asian prime time quakes. Plz plz plz quake for the entire planet!

Iksar Master Race
05-18-2019, 05:14 PM
It's nice to come first in a game finally. Every other game in the world we have to deal with being last or missing out on stuff because of time zones. I wish I could say I feel bad for you but I don't. MURICA!!!

mycoolrausch
05-18-2019, 08:34 PM
Random would be good if it had a bias in the RNG to favor prime time hours, while still allowing for the occasional and unpredictable off hours quake. With the RNG based on a per minute proc chance rather than per month they would remain uncampable, and moreso than currently where 3+ weeks without a quake the weekends start looking juicy.

aaezil
05-18-2019, 09:31 PM
Long answer no

short answer no

Legidias
05-19-2019, 02:34 AM
It was never automated. They use a RNG (dunno if in game or third party online app) to detemine how many / when earthquakes are. When that time rolls around, Rogean / nilbog manually trigger it.

Nirgon
05-19-2019, 03:33 AM
Server is overfarmed and in no way a classic experience anymore

End the quakes

Ravager
05-19-2019, 04:26 AM
It was overfarmed from the start, so it makes no difference. Let them eat quake.

Linksfather
05-21-2019, 06:36 AM
No they are not random.

mumpz
05-21-2019, 08:33 AM
you mean its not totally random that they always happen the day before or after a holiday during prime time? omg!

saftbudet
05-22-2019, 12:33 PM
you mean its not totally random that they always happen the day before or after a holiday during prime time? omg!

Is this rants and flames?

I just asked a question, beacuse i saw some other post about it was supposed to be random script initializing them.
Then a nice forum member confirmed that the script is broken and now quakes are manually spawned.

Since intention of the broken script was to randomnize the quakes, i think the plead of more humanly triggered variance (time zone wise) for the quakes is in line.

mumpz
05-22-2019, 12:48 PM
Is this rants and flames?

I just asked a question, beacuse i saw some other post about it was supposed to be random script initializing them.
Then a nice forum member confirmed that the script is broken and now quakes are manually spawned.

Since intention of the broken script was to randomnize the quakes, i think the plead of more humanly triggered variance (time zone wise) for the quakes is in line.

i would expect prime time quakes to be the only ones until raid petitioning dies down. i can't imagine they would trigger a quake without ample CSR staff on hand.

Lordgordon
05-22-2019, 02:25 PM
Quakes are initiated by GMs once they have received an offer of blowjob from a female elf.

Budder
05-23-2019, 08:39 PM
Earthquakes??? I’ve never heard of this. I’m confused now....

loramin
05-23-2019, 09:04 PM
Earthquakes??? I’ve never heard of this. I’m confused now....

Respawns of raid mobs.

On live the serves would come down for patches periodically. When they came back up, all the raid mobs were up.

P99 simulates that with "earthquakes" that respawn all the mobs ... but these "quakes" don't take the server down with them.

Budder
05-24-2019, 05:36 AM
Ahhh ok. I remember every Tuesday being patch day and a lot of stuff was reset. I was never fortunate enough to do any big time stuff except Vox and Naggy a couple times.