PDA

View Full Version : Making the most of death.

Jimjam
05-20-2019, 09:41 AM
I'd like to hear people's ideas of what to do with the downtime while dead, waiting to be rezzed.

My warrior is bound in Rivervale, frequently I can be found disarming the city guards of their 'cursed spears' (they are said to attract the attentions of iksars, trolls and ogres) and returning them to city vendors, or even running over to highpass to grab a new DA idol.

My monk is bound in Thurgadin, where I can grab some ghetto root nets or coldain heads from the vile remains that can be found in the caves beneath the city.

Do you have any bind spots where you can use your dead time productively?

Ravager
05-20-2019, 09:51 AM
If I die and I'm not in a group with a cleric to rez, I have a good old fashioned classic EQ corpse run, because it's not EQ if you're not waiting for a boat.

Nitholias01
05-20-2019, 10:01 AM
I bind myself where im kos so when i die i have to immediately run from guards. i try to keep running in circles til im rezd. sometimes i forget im kos and die again to the guards, then i have to reding max 60 that same day or i delete my character

mumpz
05-20-2019, 10:24 AM
im bound at freeport bank and so is my ranger friend when our guild wipes we sit down outside the bank and he gives me grapes

Prostatus
05-20-2019, 10:32 AM
/gems

d3r14k
05-20-2019, 10:33 AM
One of my characters is bound outside the Freeport gates, so if you see a 50+ naked Paladin punching orc pawns for faction, it might be me. On more than one occasion I've had people try and give me monk weapons because I'm sure I look like a level 1 human monk.

aaezil
05-20-2019, 10:35 AM
When i die i delete my character

What sort of easymode you playing over there

enjchanter
05-20-2019, 10:47 AM
Usually I watch all the Kos ppl die to sontalak trains and neordia

mumpz
05-20-2019, 11:08 AM
One of my characters is bound outside the Freeport gates, so if you see a 50+ naked Paladin punching orc pawns for faction, it might be me. On more than one occasion I've had people try and give me monk weapons because I'm sure I look like a level 1 human monk.

literally could move bind one zone over and get grapes :P

Fammaden
05-20-2019, 11:23 AM
Bind somewhere you can skill up swimming.

Legidias
05-20-2019, 11:31 AM
Ive never moved my iksar monks bind point from the original FoB spot. When he dies, I plop him at bone pit, hit a random mob and FD it, letting some lowbie kill the ~10% hp thing.

I do similar on bard which is bound in OT still. If I see someone soloing stuff @ SF ramp, I just aggro it with slow and DS and let him wail on it.

eezl
05-20-2019, 11:41 AM
As a 60 druid, I used to kill the Brenn and Grenn hobbits in Alice 4 in PoM while I was dead, if they were up. It's def. possible to solo both of them nekkid if you have the chutzpah, I died 50% of the time. I know I've gotten at least 1 or 2 thrones while waiting for a rez in PoSkyor ToV.

pogs4ever
05-20-2019, 11:59 AM
North karana gypsy. Kill wisps for the lightstone quests. Made 80pp once on a bad wipe.

loramin
05-20-2019, 12:09 PM
Work on the wiki while you're dead! You can do it from any bind point ;)

d3r14k
05-20-2019, 01:04 PM
literally could move bind one zone over and get grapes :P

I think YOU GUYS should move over one zone and we can get grapes while we punch orcs.

matticas
05-20-2019, 01:06 PM
die? zero deffs

Jimjam
05-20-2019, 01:07 PM
Swimming! What a great idea! Another tick in the box for Rivervale!
Work on the wiki while you're dead! You can do it from any bind point ;)

Next time I die maybe I'll make a wiki page on things to do when you die.

loramin
05-20-2019, 01:08 PM
Swimming! What a great idea! Another tick in the box for Rivervale!

Next time I die maybe I'll make a wiki page on things to do when you die.

Meta :)

quack
05-20-2019, 01:09 PM
I'm a fan of having naked punching duels with other guildies that also died and are bound at the same spot.

matticas
05-20-2019, 01:25 PM
ya Rivervale is tough to beat. Stuff I used to do when dead there:

- work on faction, do the bandage quest or kill goblins in MT or Runnyeye (my iskar is non Kos to all hobbits)
- collect HQ pelts and other tradeskill materials in MT
- work on trade skills - I used to have bags of supplies ready to go in bank when I was dead
- buff or PL noobs (bind wound is amazing if the kids'll sit still)
- practice random skills like intimidation, safe fall (from top of rogue guild), disarm, swimming, begging, new languages, fishing, etc
- enjoy the music! Other thank Velks, RV has my favorite music in the game.
- run over to Highpass and make fun of idol campers, or camp an idol. Amazing item
- kill Nillipuss (brownie parts for baking, jum jum for quest - wand of frost bolts is a great low aggro pulling tool)

honeybee12874
05-20-2019, 01:49 PM
kill Nillipuss (brownie parts for baking, jum jum for quest - wand of frost bolts is a great low aggro pulling tool)

Oooh, I need Brownie Parts for baking, but I was under the impression that all the Brownies were too tough for me to kill yet. Sounds like this one is pretty easy though? Do you know how often it spawns? :D

matticas
05-20-2019, 01:55 PM
Oooh, I need Brownie Parts for baking, but I was under the impression that all the Brownies were too tough for me to kill yet. Sounds like this one is pretty easy though? Do you know how often it spawns? :D

ya he's easy to kill, but the drop rate of brownie parts is maddeningly low. not sure respawn time. Wiki says RV's timer is 22 minutes, so maybe that?

Tethler
05-21-2019, 12:44 AM
Mobile games on my phone while waiting for rez box.