PDA

View Full Version : What is the longest you have been charmed by an NPC?

rugerx
05-28-2019, 06:33 AM
What is the longest you have been charmed by an NPC?

I got charmed by a kobold noble in Sol B the other day, he returned to spawn and I went with him, for about a minute, bit of an odd experience!

Cen
05-28-2019, 07:55 AM
A siren grabbed me for like 10 minutes once. Ugh

mumpz
05-28-2019, 08:15 AM
I think most humanoid charms won't last longer than 10 minutes. Plane of growth charms are a fun way to get a tour of the zone.

Jimjam
05-28-2019, 08:52 AM
Long enough in SolB for my wizard's rain spells to wipe the rest of the group :D.

Sarkhan
05-28-2019, 11:37 AM
Got charmed by the same kobold in SolB and he pathed back to spawn. As if the couple mins of charm wasn't bad enough, when I followed him to spawn it got me stuck in the wall. No gate, but did manage to use an invis potion. Could not for the life of me get out. Tried ducking out and got stuck crouched so no more invising. Rewind just kept me in wall every time... Luckily a druid was able to port me out before my invis broke.

Sizar
05-28-2019, 01:44 PM
EQ launched in 99, a day later I was killing mino's in Steamfont looking for those mino axes to sell. Went a bit too deep and got charmed through the wall by Meldrath and pulled all the way back in the caves. Had me charmed for about 1 minute while I was freaking out. Sucked most cause at the time there was no one on the server high enough level to help me get my body back! RIP 3 mino axes and some chain armor. Corpse rotted.

DMN
05-28-2019, 03:23 PM
Speaking of which, does anyone know offhand if on P99 NPC who charm a PC immediately turn aggressive and attack the nearest player in the zone?

I don't know if they ever changed that but it was pretty hilarious for some high level with a bunch of -MR gear equipped to let themselves get charmed by the enchanter in rathe mountains and then they would go on a rampage killing everyone.

unleashedd
05-31-2019, 05:01 AM
in 2000, i installed EQ and have been charmed on and off for almost 20 years

Trelaboon
05-31-2019, 04:43 PM
My ex wife had me charmed for 8 years. Then she took half my loot and a monthly stipend to pay for our gnomes. Worst NPC ever.

DMN
05-31-2019, 05:20 PM
My ex wife had me charmed for 8 years. Then she took half my loot and a monthly stipend to pay for our gnomes. Worst NPC ever.

Another testimonial of the hopeless sap without a pocket elf lawyer.

Freakish
05-31-2019, 08:46 PM
Got charmed by the same kobold in SolB and he pathed back to spawn. As if the couple mins of charm wasn't bad enough, when I followed him to spawn it got me stuck in the wall. No gate, but did manage to use an invis potion. Could not for the life of me get out. Tried ducking out and got stuck crouched so no more invising. Rewind just kept me in wall every time... Luckily a druid was able to port me out before my invis broke.

Everything in SolB sees invis, you were never in any real danger.

King Tranix, Magi Rokyl and Warlord Skarlon are the exception. They don't see invis!

Lowlife
06-01-2019, 08:06 AM
Launch day 1999. Make a dwarf warrior, first other player I see in everquest is a fellow dwarf named Dildobaggins, wander around, can't find my way out of the city, camp and make a half elf druid. Make my way out of surefall glade and run into Varsoon (human necro npc) or whatever charmed me and had me beating down newbie rangers and druids in QHills with my starter club for like 10 minutes as I glitched out in a swimming animation, between my level 2 druid, a skeleton pet, and varsoon himself nobody stood a chance. I had no idea wtf was going on.

sacman08
06-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Once during the early days of EQ our guild went on an encounter and found out the mob charmed, I got taken first on my SK as MA and everyone was freaking out when I turned and started killing guildies. I was trying to type in chat, I'm charmed! but it wouldn't broadcast. We wiped.