PDA

View Full Version : Will your green lineup be the same or different classes?

Cen
05-28-2019, 04:37 PM
I'm changing everything. My rule for blue was never to play my classic classes. Now blue ended up overtaking all my memories, so now, its going to unlock what was locked for me. I will have a Necromancer Iksar at Kunark release, a Dwarf Rogue after the mask patch, a druid instead of a wizard, and I guess my tank will be a paladin or sk, and if i got a necro I guess its a paladin. The question is should I join the guise war with a paladin or druid :p

Brell De Paladin might be neat if I ever get a soulfire or epic

Damarous
05-28-2019, 04:40 PM
The only people doing a different starting character are the ones who chose wrong on the first go around.

Jibartik
05-28-2019, 04:44 PM
Ive never played a paladin, and a classic paladin would be really fun I think, doing stupid quests and being a true knight of thunder. I bet that'd be fun!

Though, I legit am afraid of people on this server literally being scummy and passing me for the warrior who is also lfg, but has been in the zone for 15 mins, even though I sat patiently next to your group at the CE for the last 4 hours :(

bigjeff100
05-28-2019, 04:46 PM
Ive never played a paladin, and a classic paladin would be really fun I think, doing stupid quests and being a true knight of thunder. I bet that'd be fun!

Though, I legit am afraid of people on this server literally being scummy and passing me for the warrior who is also lfg, but has been in the zone for 15 mins, even though I sat patiently next to your group at the CE for the last 4 hours :(

These people will always exist. I hate them too :)

Jibartik
05-28-2019, 04:50 PM
So the way it works...?

Group has 6 members, every kill nets each one of them 100 XP each...

Then the paladin joins, replacing the warrior tank... Same level, as the warrior, but now each person only gets 60 exp points for each kill?

I only assume this is how it works, but I have always only assumed and never once tried to find out.

maskedmelon
05-28-2019, 04:57 PM
So the way it works...?

Group has 6 members, every kill nets each one of them 100 XP each...

Then the paladin joins, replacing the warrior tank... Same level, as the warrior, but now each person only gets 60 exp points for each kill?

I only assume this is how it works, but I have always only assumed and never once tried to find out.

nah, xp is allocated to group members based on each member's total xp as a percentag of the total current xp of all group members. the paladin just requires more xp per level, so grouping with a paladin of the same level ends up being like grouping with any non penalized character who is 5-6 levels higher. Might be different at lower levels, but can't remember, been a while. Search my poast history, I addressed it before.

Jibartik
05-28-2019, 05:47 PM
Can you like explain it like this to me

Group makeup:

1 20 war
2 20 wiz
3 20 druid
4 20 war
5 20 cleric
6 20 enchanter (the hypothetical you)

Kill a mob, it gives 1,000 xp (idk arbitrary number for the science lesson)

How is EXP distributed to the above group? How is the exp distributed in the below group?

1 20 paladin
2 20 wiz
3 20 druid
4 20 war
5 20 cleric

Evia
05-28-2019, 06:02 PM
It all depends on if green chars eventually roll over to blue or not. If they do I’ll lvl different classes but if they don’t I’ll play rogue again.

maskedmelon
05-28-2019, 06:32 PM
Can you like explain it like this to me

Group makeup:

1 20 war
2 20 wiz
3 20 druid
4 20 war
5 20 cleric

Kill a mob, it gives 1,000 xp (idk arbitrary number for the science lesson)

How is EXP distributed to the above group? How is the exp distributed in the below group?

1 20 paladin
2 20 wiz
3 20 druid
4 20 war
5 20 cleric

Yeah, you can look up the exact formulae on the wiki, but total exp varies by class. For simplicity, well just treat each class's total so like it's their modifier, so you would have something like:

20 Paladin 140xp total accumulated
20 Wizard 110xp (pure casters get 10% penalty)
20 Druid 100xp
20 Warrior 90xp
20 Cleric 100xp
20 Enchanted 110xp

Total group xp would be 140+110+100+90+100+110=650. the percentage of do that you receive from killing a mob is equal to your total accumulated xp divided by the group's total accumulated xp, so in this example that would be 110/650.

If you swapped the Saladin for another warrior, then the total group xp would be 650 - 140(level20 paladin) + 90(level 20 warrior) =600. Your share of the xp for each kill them would be 110/600 then, vs the 110/650 with the paladin.

Cen
05-28-2019, 06:43 PM
The easiest way to say it is the group shares 1/6th or 1/nth of your penalty, not the whole penalty. Not too bad

mattydef
05-30-2019, 02:34 PM
If I play on green at all it will be with a new class I don't already have on blue. There's no way i'd put a lot of time and effort into a class I already have. The only way I would make the same class is to be a different race for roleplaying or fashion purposes, and both of those would be easier and faster to do on blue.

Jibartik
05-30-2019, 03:29 PM
I want green99 to have green names and when they roll over we can tell they were roll overs because they have green names, so legacy characters will still have some intrinsic value in them.

that's my worthless pitch that you can disagree with cus neither of us get to chose how this emu works :o (wispers: but if ur listening roagen do it)

kjs86z
05-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Green should just be a recycle server. Wipe it clean and start fresh again at the end of the timeline.

Leave blue alone.

Jibartik
05-30-2019, 03:44 PM
No green99 first, then purple99 with purple names Teams pvp second..

then, yellow, for discord, cus most people to yella to play on that server!

Then after all the rollovers to blue99, 9 years from now, it will have all these colorfulnames and it will continue to be the totally unclassic giant Plane of Knowledge, that it already is ;)

and anyone with a blue darkelf shaman, can flex about being old school still.

Danth
05-30-2019, 05:37 PM
The only people doing a different starting character are the ones who chose wrong on the first go around.

That's the edgy hot take, and as with most such takes it's incorrect in many circumstances. P99's been out for going on ten years. Folks' needs and circumstances change. The character that was correct for me in 2009 isn't the same character that works best for me in 2019. I do not anticipate playing the same thing (Paladin) on "green" that I played originally when P99 first opened except maybe as a fluff alt.

Danth

enjchanter
05-30-2019, 06:02 PM
I'll probably play an enchanter because I would love to experience the class through the entirety of the timeline rather than finding my love for enchanting deep into velious.

Instead of a warrior, I'll make a paladin.
Instead of a necro, I'll make a mage.
And ofcourse I will never make a monk.

urbanbo
05-30-2019, 06:42 PM
Green should just be a recycle server. Wipe it clean and start fresh again at the end of the timeline.

Leave blue alone.

Green will still be wiped and restarted once everyone is moved over to blue correct?

Nagoya
05-30-2019, 07:54 PM
We have absolutely no information about Green other than a single picture posted by Rogean that said "EverQuest Project 1999 A New Experience Begins October 2019". Everything else is us drooling over theories and wet dreams. We have literally zero official information other than this one picture.

https://i.imgur.com/tFiUUb3.png

Cen
05-30-2019, 08:23 PM
We have absolutely no information about Green other than a single picture posted by Rogean that said "EverQuest Project 1999 A New Experience Begins October 2019". Everything else is us drooling over theories and wet dreams. We have literally zero official information other than this one picture.

https://i.imgur.com/tFiUUb3.png

There is also a pasted conversation from discord with a small hint but eh

Halfcell
05-30-2019, 08:58 PM
Been thinking about this. I mean the P99 dream for me is to have a cleric with a manastone, or the Ogre warrior with a guise so you can be unstunnable but not have to look like a 7ft tall pile of trash. The question becomes, how does one do that the most reliably/quickly.

Do you start the warrior off the jump, and suffer through the grind to try and get to Guk in time, and in the in-crowd so you can get a guise? Or do you roll a much easier character to level and buy that manastone, the Rubi, the Guise, all before they get nerfed?

You also have to figure in population issues, it's going to be way high to start. I mean, if you start in Gfay... just... fuck that. Nektulos might be ok, Qeynos might be the best, but god it's like starting off in the rural Russian steppe. It will be weeks before you get anywhere worth being.

Also, how popular is your class going to be? I mean how many Shaman can really sit LFG in Uguk? Will there be a single roaming mob alive in the Karanas? Or just cancerous bards with 100 mob trains? Chanters are fun to level, and in demand no matter how many are LFG, but have you ever raided as a chanter? Worst job ever.

I am just saying, there is a lot to consider.

As of now i am thinking Bard. I have never gotten one to high level, and it is clearly the fastest leveling character in Classic, with a great potential to earn money to buy stuff for alts. That said, Bards are cancer, and i dunno how much i want to contribute to the extermination of every animal species in EQ.

Cen
05-31-2019, 08:07 AM
Been thinking about this. I mean the P99 dream for me is to have a cleric with a manastone, or the Ogre warrior with a guise so you can be unstunnable but not have to look like a 7ft tall pile of trash. The question becomes, how does one do that the most reliably/quickly.

Do you start the warrior off the jump, and suffer through the grind to try and get to Guk in time, and in the in-crowd so you can get a guise? Or do you roll a much easier character to level and buy that manastone, the Rubi, the Guise, all before they get nerfed?

You also have to figure in population issues, it's going to be way high to start. I mean, if you start in Gfay... just... fuck that. Nektulos might be ok, Qeynos might be the best, but god it's like starting off in the rural Russian steppe. It will be weeks before you get anywhere worth being.

Also, how popular is your class going to be? I mean how many Shaman can really sit LFG in Uguk? Will there be a single roaming mob alive in the Karanas? Or just cancerous bards with 100 mob trains? Chanters are fun to level, and in demand no matter how many are LFG, but have you ever raided as a chanter? Worst job ever.

I am just saying, there is a lot to consider.

As of now i am thinking Bard. I have never gotten one to high level, and it is clearly the fastest leveling character in Classic, with a great potential to earn money to buy stuff for alts. That said, Bards are cancer, and i dunno how much i want to contribute to the extermination of every animal species in EQ.

Guise disables FSI.. But not regen :p

Halfcell
05-31-2019, 01:10 PM
Guise disables FSI.. But not regen :p

Are you sure? I have asked this question of people with guise for the better part of 2 decades and I came away with the impression it only changed appearance.

I have played a lot of warriors, just never an ogre, because I hate being ugly. I guess I never will.

Cen
05-31-2019, 03:49 PM
Are you sure? I have asked this question of people with guise for the better part of 2 decades and I came away with the impression it only changed appearance.

I have played a lot of warriors, just never an ogre, because I hate being ugly. I guess I never will.

I'm not sure because I don't have a guise ogre. I only hear guise ogres say it, and Ogre shamans about bear form, and Ogre SKs about the 55 skeleton form. I dont have any of them myself.

Trelaboon
05-31-2019, 04:48 PM
At this point, I have seven level 60’s on blue. The only reason there isn’t more is because none of the other classes interest me. So inevitably I will have the same of some class on Green. I’m either going Ranger or Paladin but haven’t decided yet