PDA

View Full Version : Wiki prices?

bradsamma
05-30-2019, 10:31 AM
So it seems that some people are auctioning absurdly high prices to hide what items go for in EC. Can we add in a function that makes it so the graph and price averages exclude the top and bottom 5%?

Plowyabeastlord
05-30-2019, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately not. I for one am annoyed by the fact people base their judgement of prices solely on the wiki.

To start, I run Fleamarkit...a reseller in the tunnel. I deal with this every day when people tell me my offer is a lowball and that wiki price is “this”. I am always fair and honest with my prices and have many who come to me on advice for what to even price things at.

We all know who the price gouging culprits are, I won’t put em on blast.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or find me in game. I’m more than willing to let you know what stuff actually sells for.

joppykid
05-30-2019, 11:04 AM
I usually use it for reference and auction the most common low price I see. There are definitely a lot of items that aren't accurate. I'll also use ahungry and cross reference with the wiki to help.

loramin
05-30-2019, 11:06 AM
The wiki's auction tracking code is open source. Anyone (who can read PHP) can read it at:
http://wiki.project1999.com/utils/wikiUtils.php

Anyone who wants can add whatever features (eg. some kind of statistics to exclude overly high/low prices). All they have to do is:

1. download that code
2. modify it
3. test it and make sure it works
4. contact Rogean or Ravhin (the only two who can install extensions on the wiki) and send them your code

However, keep in mind that people who are going to game the system are still going to try do so even with such measures, so no solution can be perfect.

Jibartik
05-30-2019, 11:07 AM
anyone can do it!

1. download that code
2. ???
3. ???
4. profit!

mattydef
05-30-2019, 11:11 AM
It goes both ways, people try just as hard to lower prices on items as well. Look at the white dragon scale for example, one guy has been fake auctioning one every day for over a month now it seems.

kaizersoze
05-30-2019, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately not. I for one am annoyed by the fact people base their judgement of prices solely on the wiki.

To start, I run Fleamarkit...a reseller in the tunnel. I deal with this every day when people tell me my offer is a lowball and that wiki price is “this”. I am always fair and honest with my prices and have many who come to me on advice for what to even price things at.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or find me in game. I’m more than willing to let you know what stuff actually sells for.

You're a reseller. Your offers are all low balls so you can resell it lol

Ghostly
05-30-2019, 11:35 AM

Why wouldnt you put them on blast?

Plowyabeastlord
05-30-2019, 11:38 AM
You’re correct but let’s use say a fungi tunic.

I’d offer 85% on this item.
But but but wiki says these sell for 60k... in reality we all know nobody gets that and they are around 54-57k regularly.

My offer would be based off the 57k max I know they sell for not 60k, yet people tell me I’m wrong and wiki is right.

It’s obvious who the scrubs of the tunnel are, they have already been names and shamed I don’t need to do so!

Osprey39
05-30-2019, 02:42 PM
You’re correct but let’s use say a fungi tunic.

I’d offer 85% on this item.
But but but wiki says these sell for 60k... in reality we all know nobody gets that and they are around 54-57k regularly.

My offer would be based off the 57k max I know they sell for not 60k, yet people tell me I’m wrong and wiki is right.

It’s obvious who the scrubs of the tunnel are, they have already been names and shamed I don’t need to do so!

In fairness, and I'm not trying to defend myself because I don't even have the kind of coin to play in this market, if I were trying to get 57k for an item, I'd ask for 60 or even 65k. If you go in asking for the price you want to get, people are going to try to talk you down from there so you start at higher than you hope to get leaving yourself room to negotiate.

indiscriminate_hater
05-30-2019, 02:51 PM
The wiki is a non-classic crutch, anyone who gets burned by using this deserves it

btravis1990
05-30-2019, 02:54 PM
The whole market is a wreck right now. I started in December Fungi's were 39k. Now they are 60k? More fungi's have been farmed, more in circulation and price goes up lmao...

bradsamma
05-30-2019, 02:57 PM
The wiki is a non-classic crutch, anyone who gets burned by using this deserves it

What a jackass. I'm talking about the fact that it is hard to see what the history because some jerks are making the graphs/numbers unreadable.

loramin
05-30-2019, 03:02 PM
The whole market is a wreck right now. I started in December Fungi's were 39k. Now they are 60k? More fungi's have been farmed, more in circulation and price goes up lmao...

The camp was changed. Before a trio could more easily farm it.

bradsamma
05-30-2019, 03:16 PM
The camp was changed. Before a trio could more easily farm it.

I haven't been to seb in awhile. Is it still continuously farmed?

bigjeff100
05-30-2019, 03:24 PM

Yes

Jimjam
05-30-2019, 05:32 PM

Yes

But now you have to split the plat 5 ways instead of four, so increase price by 50%.

Iksar_with_a_plan
05-30-2019, 06:14 PM
The bigger issue with Wiki prices unfortunately is the fact that it only records sellers' prices. It just simply cant record buyers' prices. This means at any given time, most folks are basing their prices off higher than the average sold price to begin with. Due to the fact that most buyers are either haggling or offering less than wiki prices. So your solution really doesn't stay the issue here.

bradsamma
05-30-2019, 06:20 PM
Yes

The price increase is absolute bullshit then. Same supply. Same demand.

bradsamma
05-30-2019, 06:20 PM
The bigger issue with Wiki prices unfortunately is the fact that it only records sellers' prices. It just simply cant record buyers' prices. This means at any given time, most folks are basing their prices off higher than the average sold price to begin with. Due to the fact that most buyers are either haggling or offering less than wiki prices. So your solution really doesn't stay the issue here.

At least you can see what the prices are approximately....

Jimjam
05-30-2019, 06:24 PM

Costs have increased. Cost increases are always passed to the consumer.

bradsamma
05-30-2019, 06:31 PM
Costs have increased. Cost increases are always passed to the consumer.

Lol. Funny stuff.

Troxx
05-31-2019, 12:37 AM
You guys are nerds

bigjeff100
05-31-2019, 11:17 AM

Agreed haha!

Iksar Master Race
05-31-2019, 03:51 PM
The prices went up because the RMT kiddies who were banned took losses that they must now recoup.

bradsamma
06-03-2019, 12:05 PM
People just need to start auctioning it for 29000-33000. Overwhelm the tracker and eventually people will start to assume that the price has gone down back to where it should be.

Atmas
06-03-2019, 12:48 PM

This isn't exactly how it works. Yes, more fungis have been farmed but this does not mean more are in circulation. A lot of fungis are on characters no longer played and the amount of plat on the server is always going up. I have two fungis on characters I barely ever play but no interest in selling them.

I remember at one point in the past the Fungi camp was super easy to do with different mechanics and a ton of them were being thrown on the market. The server population was lower and there was much less plat in the game but the cost was around 80-85k either because of demand or willingness to pay. The price in my opinion was way too high considering Fungi never stops dropping but that's just how it went.

bradsamma
06-03-2019, 01:57 PM
There are still the same number being thrown on the market as when it was easy to farm with 3 people.

The price has been inflated.

Atmas
06-03-2019, 02:53 PM
There are still the same number being thrown on the market as when it was easy to farm with 3 people.

You just asked someone in the thread earlier if fungis were still being farmed at the same level....

Anyway, even before the 3 person farm there was a time when it could be 2 person farmed.

The price for fungi really isn't bad considering it takes a group of people to farm it, its drop rate, and the effectiveness of the item.

zodium
06-03-2019, 03:05 PM

after extensive, rigorous and extremely not made up statistical analysis i've determined the reason the price of fungis has gone up about 50% since we started to need about 50% more people to produce the same amount of fungis is, indeed, malicious market manipulation

and the culprit? Franswa

Ghostly
06-03-2019, 03:09 PM
But now you have to split the plat 5 ways instead of four, so increase price by 50%.

Increase would be 25% to make sure everyone gets the same amount as before =X

bradsamma
06-03-2019, 03:46 PM
You just asked someone in the thread earlier if fungis were still being farmed at the same level....

Anyway, even before the 3 person farm there was a time when it could be 2 person farmed.

The price for fungi really isn't bad considering it takes a group of people to farm it, its drop rate, and the effectiveness of the item.

LOL, what's your point? I haven't been in seb in awhile.

Anyhow, that is not the way economics works! People are still willing to sit in a full group to do the camp just like how they were with 3-4 before. The rewards go down but they're still willing to camp them. Same item. Same supply. Same demand.

People were able to cheat up the price by using the wiki. That's all that happened.

Atmas
06-03-2019, 04:16 PM

Anyhow, that is not the way economics works! People are still willing to sit in a full group to do the camp just like how they were with 3-4 before. The rewards go down but they're still willing to camp them. Same item. Same supply. Same demand.

People were able to cheat up the price by using the wiki. That's all that happened.

What?? That is exactly how economics work. When the cost of producing something goes up the cost of that item also goes up. Once again you haven't been to seb in a while and you aren't interviewing people. So you can't just assume everyone is willing to do whatever. Markets are sometimes subject to manipulation but this is a case where you just don't like the expected outcome. I didn't even mention the fact that I think Seb has been less camped because people are spending a lot of energy on a raid scene which now takes up significantly more time.

Jimjam
06-03-2019, 04:40 PM

Adventurer's fee at king is 500pp/hour.

5-6 man group is required.

Fungi is approx 1 drop per 24 hours.

500x5x24=60k. That's the cost of production of a fungi by a 5 man group. Do I wish it were 45k like in the days of the 4 man group? Of course! But these adventurers have families to feed, jum habits to sate and Sweetcookies to buy.

A rise in costs to adventurefarmcorp means a rise in price for ECratLtd.

Nikkanu
06-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Simple... offer lowball prices on everything resell for wiki prices. This leads to virtually unlimited plat. There are enough people that will accept less than wiki prices to ignore those that won't.

Nikkanu
06-03-2019, 05:15 PM

RIP Fungi Duos :(

zodium
06-04-2019, 02:11 AM

lmao this is an almost platonically perfect expression of numberological economics

Adventurer's fee at king is 500pp/hour.

5-6 man group is required.

Fungi is approx 1 drop per 24 hours.

500x5x24=60k. That's the cost of production of a fungi by a 5 man group. Do I wish it were 45k like in the days of the 4 man group? Of course! But these adventurers have families to feed, jum habits to sate and Sweetcookies to buy.

A rise in costs to adventurefarmcorp means a rise in price for ECratLtd.

ah, but see now: if time has value, that would not good for number. number must always improve. it is the way of number. all obstacles to number must be removed, all enemies of number must be destroyed.