PDA

View Full Version : Quest for Power

commongood
06-01-2019, 03:10 AM
I have three level 60s with epics and a decent inventory for the respective classes (enc, necro, shaman). Lately I’ve been trying to farm plat but I’m unsure what exactly to save up for. Assuming I have the discipline to spend the rest of 2019 (and beyond, possibly) farming plat what would be the best of the two following things to throw money at:

- Level my mage (currently lvl 12) to level 50 and buy earth staff MQ and flex my e-peen muscles and feel like hot shit playing my mage from 50-60 with epic?

- Buy a Manastone for my new druid twink and play him up to 52 (for vox/naggy)?

So what will give me most fun/enjoyment? I’m probably more excited about the druid if NOT considering going for mage epic / manastone. Which is to say, the druid project would probably happen regardless of manastone whereas the mage only really tickles my fancy if getting epic at 50 (or low 50s at least).

enjchanter
06-01-2019, 03:22 AM
Manastone is a highly useless item and one of the most overpriced things on this server

And the mage epic is extremely good and useful and will make your magician very powerful

Seems like an obvious choice

Nexii
06-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Druid is not good for Vox/Naggy, you would want to be cleric.

branamil
06-01-2019, 10:04 AM
If you have to ask why you should be farming plat you should not farm plat for 1 year

Argh
06-01-2019, 10:36 AM
If you have to ask why you should be farming plat you should not farm plat for 1 year

Jimjam
06-01-2019, 10:47 AM

zodium
06-01-2019, 11:35 AM
manastones rule, level <60 druids drool

Jibartik
06-01-2019, 11:46 AM
Manastone is a highly useless item and one of the most overpriced things on this server

you do know anyone who can port can get to full mana anywhere they want in the game as long as they can bind there, in 3 minuets, at level 60, with a manastone? Right?

OP if u want a quest for power you need a powerful druid, get the manastone, and the clicky heals.

Er, yeah if u had a cleric for vox/nag im sure thats better but w/e lookd like leveling to 52 isnt your problem, you could have both :P

jolanar
06-03-2019, 08:12 AM

commongood
06-04-2019, 03:41 AM
Manastone is the hardest for me to measure. Some say it's great, some say it's overrated. Not sure how annoying it's going to be to be porting to old world to "med".

Mage epic seems more straight forward OP. Mage epic feels a little like beating the end boss of the game. Hmm.

Thanks for the feedback.

salimoneus
06-04-2019, 03:52 AM
You should really just quit for a while and wait for the new PVE server in Oct, then play in an environment with a realistic timeline and fair competition. The current server is fuxored beyond belief.

Jimjam
06-04-2019, 03:57 AM
Manastone is the hardest for me to measure. Some say it's great, some say it's overrated. Not sure how annoying it's going to be to be porting to old world to "med".

Mage epic seems more straight forward OP. Mage epic feels a little like beating the end boss of the game. Hmm.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mage epic definately game winning move; everyone that gets a Mage epic completed their playing by the end of the year.

mattydef
06-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Between the two? Mage epic no question. Unfortunately it seems like even if you offer 1 million plat for the staff MQ there is no guarantee that you will get one, so your level 50 mage could be put on hold for a very very long time before you get lucky and get the hate staff. With that type of money I would honestly try something completely new and twink out a melee character (ranger). You could make a pretty ridiculously powerful character with a fungi/cof and any number of weapons, then eventually get their epic as well (ranger).

commongood
06-04-2019, 12:09 PM
I hear conflicting things about the price and multitude of staff MQs being sold. Guess we’ll see when I get closer. 1 million is well above what I think it should and does cost :)

bomaroast
06-04-2019, 12:17 PM
I got a mage epic on live at level 54 (a few weeks before luclin release), and then proceeded to restart as a SK about a month later. Mage epic is overrated because you have to be a mage to use it.

Mblake81
06-04-2019, 12:34 PM
You should really just quit for a while and wait for the new PVE server in Oct, then play in an environment with a realistic timeline and fair competition. The current server is fuxored beyond belief.

Sure, if your only goal is to get that specific item and just to have it. You will be in the green section of the p99 forums, quarantined like the red guys, so you can talk amongst yourselves.

That mana stone on green will be super de-duper in the year 2029, imagine the posts people will make about a 30 year old elf sim.

-Edit: Correction, they supposedly will not keep green servers up for that long. At least the rumor around the forums, no official word. Get to use that mana stone for a lil bit before reset... then do it all over, how awesome. That is, if OP has a strong enough beard to get one while they still drop on Green.

bomaroast
06-04-2019, 12:42 PM
My dude, we're all still playing EQ because we love it. Killing frogloks and dragons to get better gear to be better at....... killing frogloks and dragons. It's the name of the game at this point. Have fun everquesting

Mblake81
06-04-2019, 01:03 PM
My dude, we're all still playing EQ because we love it. Killing frogloks and dragons to get better gear to be better at....... killing frogloks and dragons. It's the name of the game at this point. Have fun everquesting

My favorite PC game ever made, reminds me of the time when computers were advancing with interesting tech, when PC games were made for PCs. A time before the Internet was blown apart with a social media bomb.. But I am not that in love with EQ to play it like a broken record. Each their own, its just my perspective. Blue is all that matters to me concerning EQ, specifically P99.

Have a good time.

Jibartik
06-04-2019, 01:15 PM
My favorite PC game ever made, reminds me of the time when computers were advancing with interesting tech, when PC games were made for PCs. A time before the Internet was blown apart with a social media bomb.. But I am not that in love with EQ to play it like a broken record. Each their own, its just my perspective. Blue is all that matters to me concerning EQ, specifically P99.

Have a good time.

https://i.imgur.com/BnfGY6j.gif

Zeebraboy
06-04-2019, 01:37 PM
I hear conflicting things about the price and multitude of staff MQs being sold. Guess we’ll see when I get closer. 1 million is well above what I think it should and does cost :)

The only conflict is between the potential buyers of an earth staff and the sellers. All the buyers seem to think its worth 600k but it doesn't ever look like they're actually able to find one at that price (there are a lot of past threads of people paying this much), but maybe someone can confirm they actually bought one for that price. All of the past sellers have wanted it looks like 800k+.

edit: So there does seem to be some threads made in the past of people selling the staff MQ for 500k but who knows if they were legit or just someone trying to make it seem like they're selling one at that price to get the price lowered for themselves.

Kiwix
06-20-2019, 05:24 AM
Diffecult choise.

From a player, who have tried both:
- Manastone on cleric and dr00d
- Leveled a 50 mage to 60 with epic
the latter was definately one of the greastest experiences I have had on p1999, and I will most likely delevel it at some time doing it again. However, I also had the Manastones for ages, here as well as on live, and they have become like a mandatory object to me, which I appreciate very much.

I anticipate that you will have a great time with either of them, as both will be a new thing for you.

From an investment point of view; go with Manastone. However, who knows about the future prospects for this new green server (so increasing values is definately not guarenteed).