PDA

View Full Version : Perm death server

Marburg Kiss
06-05-2019, 07:33 AM
has having a perma death server ever been considered? I think it would be an interesting experiment.

Make every item droppable but death is permanent. Name the server P99 Black

Have the only exception being a cleric rez which must be done before the corpse goes poof (6 minutes)

Bondrake
06-05-2019, 07:45 AM
Awful idea

Marburg Kiss
06-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Awful idea

Why?

Legidias
06-05-2019, 08:09 AM
1 """accidental""" train = lul. Zoning into ZL black reavers in com =lul. Zoning into multiple dragon constructs in DN = lul. Wuoshi = lul. LD = lul..... forget about pullibng sky mobs... GL doing any sort of end game content with DT... etc etc etc

Atmas
06-05-2019, 09:00 AM
They made one on live. Discord server or something. They ran it for a period of time I can't recall how long, probably like 1-3 months, and gave a prize to the person with the highest level character. I think it was also PvP.

Teppler
06-05-2019, 09:11 AM
1 """accidental""" train = lul. Zoning into ZL black reavers in com =lul. Zoning into multiple dragon constructs in DN = lul. Wuoshi = lul. LD = lul..... forget about pullibng sky mobs... GL doing any sort of end game content with DT... etc etc etc

The meta and values change a bit. On blue you port into WL and get eaten by whoshi... no big deal in the long run. You’ll get rezzed.

But on a perm death server, porting into WL becomes something you just don’t do. Ever.

~Sid
06-05-2019, 09:41 AM
They made one on live. Discord server or something. They ran it for a period of time I can't recall how long, probably like 1-3 months, and gave a prize to the person with the highest level character. I think it was also PvP.

It was PvP and I think it lasted for about 3 months. It was a lot of fun for a short amount of time. It did not have longevity and was just about the competition of who could get the highest level within the time frame.

My buddy Pyratt got to 54 I think solo on a cleric fighting at zone lines and having DA and DB ready at all times. I on the other hand made many a gnome mage that never exceeded level 30. Not because I died in PvP but because I would do something stupid running somewhere (screw the brownies in Lfay they got me more than once haha).

Teppler
06-05-2019, 09:50 AM
It was PvP and I think it lasted for about 3 months. It was a lot of fun for a short amount of time. It did not have longevity and was just about the competition of who could get the highest level within the time frame.

My buddy Pyratt got to 54 I think solo on a cleric fighting at zone lines and having DA and DB ready at all times. I on the other hand made many a gnome mage that never exceeded level 30. Not because I died in PvP but because I would do something stupid running somewhere (screw the brownies in Lfay they got me more than once haha).

Some really great stories in this thread-

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9364

kaizersoze
06-05-2019, 10:03 AM
no time to rez might still be around. They were a permadeath guild who awarded the highest lvlplayer at the time a reward

kaizersoze
06-05-2019, 10:04 AM
I actually would love to make an alt w them

Jibartik
06-05-2019, 01:43 PM
Would be cool to add title to one of any of the characters on the same account on any server, if you played and made XXXX achievements on Black99

Evia
06-05-2019, 03:07 PM

This is true I remember this! I recall the highest lvl player in the high 30s or early 40s and it was a cleric.

Ella`Ella
06-05-2019, 04:11 PM
Can do this yourself.

Load up a character on blue or red. First time you die, delete your character. Start over.

dudette
06-05-2019, 05:03 PM

anyone in 50s is big time fake news. I did a lil research and found this (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=2924)tho :eek::eek:

Sony published the list of winners on Discord. Congratulations to each of you. Here's the list:
Redwin the 24th level Halfling druid
Dang the 24th level Gnome magician
Awakened the 20th level High Elf wizard
Korpo the 24th level Gnome magician
Searyx the 37th level Dark Elf cleric
Trindamere the 18th level Dark Elf necromancer

seeing Trindamere I was pretty interested in the origin of the name, since it's a League of Legends summoner. I googled until the search "Trindamere etymology" and found this :eek:

https://i.imgur.com/iNaoqe4.png

so ostensibly he was a discord winner. fun fact.

anyway, korpo is the dood I knew from Flowers of Happiness, forgot who he was tho. anyone remember?

Iksar Master Race
06-05-2019, 07:21 PM
(screw the brownies in Lfay they got me more than once haha).

This happened to me about 2 weeks ago. When I get higher level I am going to make brownies go extinct.

djvyhle
06-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Don't forget about a sudden lag spike, pet trips over power cord, internet provider has an outage... dead...

Worry
06-05-2019, 09:48 PM
I got level 12 on Discord on a Mage.

It was fun but kind of silly too.

Marburg Kiss
06-05-2019, 10:16 PM
Living in constant fear can be fun.

Quizlop
06-05-2019, 10:34 PM
A few years ago there was plans for p99 Discord. It never launched, but they still have the server status on the homepage.

Swish2
06-06-2019, 02:48 AM
A few years ago there was plans for p99 Discord. It never launched, but they still have the server status on the homepage.

It's coming soon™

Ghostly
06-06-2019, 07:26 AM
anyone in 50s is big time fake news. I did a lil research and found this (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=2924)tho :eek::eek:

Sony published the list of winners on Discord. Congratulations to each of you. Here's the list:

Oooo someone was lying!

~Sid
06-06-2019, 09:03 AM

seeing Trindamere I was pretty interested in the origin of the name, since it's a League of Legends summoner. I googled until the search "Trindamere etymology" and found this :eek:

https://i.imgur.com/iNaoqe4.png

so ostensibly he was a discord winner. fun fact.

anyway, korpo is the dood I knew from Flowers of Happiness, forgot who he was tho. anyone remember?

Let me see what I can find. You are probably correct about the 50's thing I may have been dyslexic and it may have been 45. But he wasn't a winner you say. Well this was controversial at the time but my buddy did not get listed but got an honorable mention. As I previously mentioned his character name was Pyratt (Pirate) and his name violated to naming rules or so I was told and thus he wasn't on the winners list. Let me see if I can find some information on this ancient topic =P