PDA

View Full Version : US Daytime OPEN Hate Raid – Thursday 13 June (Noon)

Pan
06-09-2019, 12:14 PM
On Thursday, June 13th, Omni and Europa will be hosting an open Hate raid/clear at Noon US eastern time.

We invite everyone who would like to attend to come along.

The purpose of this raid is to provide an opportunity for those who don't belong to raiding guilds (or guilds who raid little) to experience the content and maybe get some loot (and maybe even epic parts). Hopefully we can get some 2nd-floor stuff done, too. There are some nice random drops up there.

Keep your fingers crossed for some minis and maybe Inny???

If you belong to an experienced raiding guild, you're welcome to come along, too, in support of the raid - but please bring your main and leave the loot for those who don't otherwise get to the planes much (if at all).

Omni will cover the cost of the port stones.

Requirements:
Your 'toon must be at least L46 with a bubble or so of experience.
You also must be able to follow instructions.

Loot distribution:
You may /random on any loot that you can use and is an upgrade for you.
Be mindful of others. If you've won an item already, don't roll on further items until everyone of your class has won something. Be polite, mindful, and honorable. Omni will NOT be rolling on any of the loots (even epic drops).

Preparation:
Be at the WC spires at 11:40 a.m. or so eastern US time. We will be starting promptly at Noon. Providing transportation for latecomers can be difficult, so be prompt. Or be patient for mid-raid portups.
No special gear is required for this raid.

An open Discord channel will be set up for voice comms. Not mandatory (all raid instructions will be given in public channels) but encouraged.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Post here or contact Omni/Europa members in-game if you have questions. We've all had a blast on these open raids. And expect to have a ton of fun on Thursday!!

Jimjam
06-09-2019, 02:18 PM
5*

Clarification request though; you can only win roll on your class's equipment (until everyone has won one). How will you enforce this rule class armour vs class epic roll?

You don't want people skipping rolls on indicolite armour to maximise their chances to win a hand of maestro only to have someone who won some indicolite armour to also win a hand of maestro ;).

lituviel
06-09-2019, 02:38 PM
5*

Clarification request though; you can only win roll on your class's equipment (until everyone has won one). How will you enforce this rule class armour vs class epic roll?

You don't want people skipping rolls on indicolite armour to maximise their chances to win a hand of maestro only to have someone who won some indicolite armour to also win a hand of maestro ;).

Damn P99 greediness.

Pan
06-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Winning a class-specific bit of armor shouldn't DQ you from rolling on an epic part.

BUT...if you've won an epic part already, it would probably make sense to be pretty satisfied and see that others get some stuff.

We've thrown several of these parties in the past and everyone's been pretty decent about things. These kinds of events work largely on the goodwill of the attendees.

And I expect people not to act like dicks.

Jimjam
06-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Thank you for clarifying that point, these raids are always great fun and I recommend anyone who has the time to get involved!

Arcler
06-09-2019, 07:08 PM
<Riot> has announced a moratorium on Hate raids/mini kills between Monday and Thursday (a full window of the minis), in the hopes that minis will be up for this open raid.

We hope other raiding guilds will join us in this effort, so that everyone can have fun together on Thursday.

Swish2
06-09-2019, 08:37 PM
<Riot> has announced a moratorium on Hate raids/mini kills between Monday and Thursday (a full window of the minis), in the hopes that minis will be up for this open raid.

We hope other raiding guilds will join us in this effort, so that everyone can have fun together on Thursday.

pras Riot ^^

waffel
06-10-2019, 12:01 AM
As some random 35 noob leveling up, Riot has always been top notch helpful and respectful. This thread is more proof.

ScottBerta
06-10-2019, 01:30 AM
Will this be something that Omni continues to do moving forward? Would love to have my bro bring his Cleric there but he isn’t 46 yet.

bricke75
06-10-2019, 06:51 AM
I'm in :)

HerdeDaWord
06-10-2019, 09:37 AM
This is amazing, thanks Omni and Europa. Great for the server

Budder
06-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Can my 19 Druid go? Just kidding. Thanks for doing this and hopefully when said Druid is 46 you guys will do this again! The planes is the one thing I never did in 1999-2002.

Legidias
06-10-2019, 01:16 PM
The one thing?

Philistine
06-10-2019, 02:16 PM
I don't yet have a 46, but what a great activity! Kudos to those organizing, and to Riot for passing on stuff to let more be up!

lituviel
06-11-2019, 04:06 AM
The one thing?

I'll translate for you as obviously you don't understand who is a true begineer on eq:

"Raping content like 95% of this server population, rushing FTE's and exploiting pull mechanics are the things I never did in 1999 - 2002."

More clear ? :)

Budder
06-11-2019, 07:38 AM
Lol yes that’s kinda true! I was in a smaller guild that was close but didn’t get to do the big raids like a lot of people. Did Vox and naggy but always wanted to go to fear and hate for some cool drops. Seems only the big guilds go there and take out the whole zone so I think it’s hella cool theirs pick up groups for this! I can’t wait to go!

Legidias
06-11-2019, 08:30 AM
I'll translate for you as obviously you don't understand who is a true begineer on eq:

"Raping content like 95% of this server population, rushing FTE's and exploiting pull mechanics are the things I never did in 1999 - 2002."

More clear ? :)

Wow someone is salty

d3r14k
06-11-2019, 10:29 AM
How exactly does one "rape content"?

DromalPhrenia
06-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Good luck on your raid :)

There's a thread in RNF about illegal hate farming, dunno how frequent it is but... might want to get someone up there ahead of time to report anyone logging on in-zone to kill minis.

Crawdad
06-12-2019, 09:58 AM
Good luck on the Hate raid! Wish I could bring the druid along but work has this idea that I should be working. Pfft.

John Lennon
06-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Good luck with the raid. Love seeing community events like this.

GreldorEQ
06-13-2019, 07:19 AM
bump

kaizersoze
06-13-2019, 08:38 AM
Book not up

Pan
06-13-2019, 08:44 AM
Discord Channel:

https://discord.gg/W5P9JC

GreldorEQ
06-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Come to WC spires now - beginning port ups shortly!

baakss
06-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Good raid!

Really proud of all the guilds that left high profile minis up for this event.

The
06-13-2019, 02:57 PM
The ire of Hate was quashed with the power of friendship! Vampire essence was extracted, an eye of Innorruk was excised, and the Maestro's hand will play no more! (til repops). The stalwart adventurers withdrew from the alter plane not from exhaustion, but pity. Even spite must be shown mercy. The zealous clerics of hate also coughed up a lot of their precious purple plate! a good day to be a healer.

On the next episode: Rumblings are heard in the jungle swamp of Innothule. Terror spreads through the masses. Will the fear paralyze the adventurers in their tracks? Or will their hardened hearts cut through the dread and lead to victory (and loot)?! Tune in to find out! Next Episode: Fear and Loathing in Las Norrath!

Pan
06-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Excellent post, The!

Good fun today. Thanks for coming along, all. And thanks for the support.

Also, was neat to see four minis plus Maestro up. Appreciate it. Was a neat raid.

Pubo
06-13-2019, 04:46 PM
Happy to hear it went well! Sadly I couldn't be there :eek:

Budder
06-13-2019, 07:09 PM
So dumb question but does each mob or mini boss or whatever drop something good? Or is there trash mobs then good ones? Sorry I’ve never been. Maybe I can find adobe YouTube videos.

Legidias
06-13-2019, 07:53 PM
Just look them up on wiki

danceparty
06-13-2019, 08:15 PM
Well led raid! I enjoyed the camaraderie, comrades. Looking forward to the Fear follow up!

Jimjam
06-14-2019, 04:31 AM
So dumb question but does each mob or mini boss or whatever drop something good? Or is there trash mobs then good ones? Sorry I’ve never been. Maybe I can find adobe YouTube videos.

Trash has a chance to drop armour; different trash drop different sets of armour for different classes. Trash also can also drop a few other items, like weapons, but these are of limited use with kunark/velious out.

Mini bosses drop slightly better items, some desirable drops are used in epic quests.

That's the trends, check the wiki for full details.

Budder
06-14-2019, 09:08 AM
Nice! I looked at the wiki but didn’t know if those were just the good mobs and their is trash mobs mixed in that drops rusty weapons and skeleton bones is kinda what I meant lol

Enviee
06-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Thanks all who came out for some Plane of Hate fun. Good drops were had and good times were had as well. Happy adventuring dear friends, until we meet again!

Swish2
06-14-2019, 09:46 PM
Good raid!

Really proud of all the guilds that left high profile minis up for this event.

Wish I could have been there, glad it was fun :)

spoof2424
06-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Picked up a Hate Crystal. Thanks to the hosts and participants.