PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr. Llandris

Thomacles
06-24-2019, 06:39 PM
I appreciate your crack down on RMT. Truly I do.

However....

If you are able to, could you please tell us what happens to the inventories of the banned accounts? Because from one viewpoint, you probably just erased an enormous amount of rare inventory on the market, thus raising prices from reduced supply. (Not to mention the probable loss of many many pre-nerf items.)

Just curious on how this is addressed. (I, and others, would consider it bad form to use RMT banning to remove prenerf items from the game.) I do not know how this could be dealt with, if at all, so was just wondering what your plans/intentions were on this matter.

And before the trolls try to bait or slam me, no, I have nothing to do with RMT. I'm so broke in RL I cannot even afford to pay attention.

Jimjam
06-24-2019, 06:42 PM
100 years of classic not classic. We have way more than 2-3 years worth of items polluting the server anyway. Getting rid of a few surely makes the server more classic.

galach
06-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Accounts are banned for life. All plat and items are also forever out of circulation of the economy.

Thomacles
06-24-2019, 06:50 PM
/mourn all those poor poor Horgresh beads and CoS's....... /cry

(Screw the plat loss, that actually just helps everyone in the long run.)

Endonde
06-24-2019, 07:16 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about Circlet of Shadows, there are tons of them out there, before the nerf you could hardly give the damn things away they were so common.

Legidias
06-24-2019, 07:21 PM
Good riddance

Keza
06-24-2019, 10:16 PM

But removing items so OP that they were nerfed doesn't help..?

It's not like every RMT account was holding onto tons of prenerf items anyway. I would presume that would be the worst way to do it, considering that they are fewer than more common goods thus easier to keep track of. Well, not that logs and timestamps leave much to guesswork anyway, but "whoops dropped my prenerf fungi staff and someone else grabbed it!" is a hard sell.

aaezil
06-24-2019, 10:30 PM
Someone who bought a rmt fungi cause they are bad at eq doesnt have a treasure trove of rare and valuable pixels sorry to burst your bubble

Thomacles
06-24-2019, 11:04 PM
Well, I was referring more to the sellers. I was assuming that people doing it for RL cash would have a small treasure trove of high end/pre-nerf items in a built up inventory that are instantly removed from the game from account banning.

Jibartik
06-24-2019, 11:08 PM
Man that Oscar Wild quote is lit.

Nuggie
06-25-2019, 01:39 AM
Accounts are banned for life. All plat and items are also forever out of circulation of the economy.

Wasn't Deru take a bite of that forbidden fruit? I thought that is what the rumor was.

Anyways, the prenerf stuff will get replenished when green rolls into blue here in few years. Fear not inquisitive mind!

Topgunben
06-25-2019, 02:15 AM
I will say this once, and only once to the powers that be.

I only have a few months left to live.

Let the fungi tunic be passed on to me so i might feel of its power before i leave this realm.

Karkona
06-25-2019, 02:51 AM

Let the fungi tunic be passed on to me so i might feel of its power before i leave this realm.

You for real dying?

Quinas
06-25-2019, 05:51 AM
Police auctions needed.

Or perhaps set up an in-game charitable foundation with the proceeds of crime.

Tethler
06-25-2019, 06:07 AM
Use the items as GM event prizes

Ghostly
06-25-2019, 07:30 AM

Maybe a Fungi can help your regen and you'll be fine...

Legidias
06-25-2019, 08:28 AM
YFW its a real fungal infection but it doesnt give you regen...

ineubis
06-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Police auctions needed.
I was thinking the same thing. Lol

We have confiscated all this pixel contraband, and it will go to the highest bidder!

exqcme
06-25-2019, 10:29 AM
/random 100 for manastone.

Khikik
06-25-2019, 01:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/rNYeKQ8.gif

Thomacles
06-25-2019, 04:25 PM
OK.....

But, how about I counter with this?

Start a Snitch Program like in RL.

If you can legitimately turn in a RMT'er that can be confirmed through your server logs, you get 10% of the plat on that account, and get to pick 1 item from that account as a reward. You want your job easier, you want to stop RMT'ing, this would do both. Now you got the server population themselves working to expose/uncover RMT'ing, with incentive to do so.

.......Just a thought.......

Evia
06-25-2019, 05:05 PM
OK.....

But, how about I counter with this?

Start a Snitch Program like in RL.

If you can legitimately turn in a RMT'er that can be confirmed through your server logs, you get 10% of the plat on that account, and get to pick 1 item from that account as a reward. You want your job easier, you want to stop RMT'ing, this would do both. Now you got the server population themselves working to expose/uncover RMT'ing, with incentive to do so.

.......Just a thought.......

I like this idea actually. Its probably the only time I thought snitching was okay lol.

Jimjam
06-26-2019, 02:05 AM
Snitches get Riches.

Or possibly flayed barbarian hide britches.

Fifield
06-26-2019, 02:40 AM
Snitches get Riches.

Or possibly flayed barbarian hide britches.

:D

gprater
06-26-2019, 06:35 AM
Pixel worship.....I guess its a thing.