PDA

View Full Version : wizard lvl faster solo or grouping?

druhoang
06-26-2019, 06:48 AM
I know wizards aren't very good in groups, but I'd say most of the time I'm able to find a group in the popular zones.

Generally speaking, is it faster to group or solo?

Depends on level?

10-20?
30-40?
40-50?
50-60?

commongood
06-26-2019, 07:22 AM
From whenever wizards are able to effectively quad kite I would doubt very much any group exp could realistically keep up

elkantor
06-26-2019, 07:26 AM
More or less accurate (too many factors), from fastest to slowest :
A. Solo quadkite with POTG/C2
B. Solo mono-mob with POTG/C2
C. Duo
D. Balanced Group of 4 people.
E. Solo quadkite without POTG/C2
F. Solo mono-mob without POTG/C2
G. Full Group

Jimjam
06-26-2019, 07:33 AM
You missed out AAAAA; having a bard snare kite over you with 25 mobs and dropping PBAoE on them. You can team up with clerics and other classes to do this (even necromancers) or swap out the snare bard for some enchanters spamming AoE stun.

jolanar
06-26-2019, 07:58 AM
I feel like full groups are almost never faster than soloing for any class that can solo decently well.

Duo and trio is where the real exp is at.

Muggens
06-26-2019, 08:39 AM
On my wizard, I usually get around 6% pr hour quad kiting with no PotG or C2 at lvl 57.

kaizersoze
06-26-2019, 08:46 AM
Duo with a bard and rain death on swarms.

Yasi
06-26-2019, 08:48 AM
EQ is not about fast leveling. Join a group, talk to people, enjoy the ride.

kjs86z
06-26-2019, 08:51 AM
Just do a mix of everything.

But yeah, find bard friends if you have the need for speed.

Muggens
06-26-2019, 08:51 AM
More or less accurate (too many factors), from fastest to slowest :
A. Solo quadkite with POTG/C2
B. Solo mono-mob with POTG/C2
C. Duo
D. Balanced Group of 4 people.
E. Solo quadkite without POTG/C2
F. Solo mono-mob without POTG/C2
G. Full Group

Not sure what mono mob you could kill for more exp than quadding without PotG. Same with a group vs quadding with PotG

Muggens
06-26-2019, 08:55 AM
EQ is not about fast leveling. Join a group, talk to people, enjoy the ride.

Most peeps who rolled wizard, atleast as an alt, are in it for the solo exp grind. To me it's a nice casual class to pop in now and then and get some easy, albeit slow exp

Muggens
06-26-2019, 08:59 AM
You missed out AAAAA; having a bard snare kite over you with 25 mobs and dropping PBAoE on them. You can team up with clerics and other classes to do this (even necromancers) or swap out the snare bard for some enchanters spamming AoE stun.

I meleed to 12 and quadded since then on my Wiz. Grouped up perhaps thrice. My only PBAoE experience is from nuking a bunch of greens... really wanna get into some more advanced techniques!
How does the Bard/Wiz aeo snare/pbaoe work? The Wiz wont draw lots of agro?
Edit: gee triple post

Jimjam
06-26-2019, 09:08 AM
Bard focuses on his snare/slow PBAoE while kiting to build aggro. Wizard times his DDPBAOE to land as bard passes. Of course bard can throw in damage too if he is confident in his aggro.

Muggens
06-26-2019, 12:02 PM
Bard focuses on his snare/slow PBAoE while kiting to build aggro. Wizard times his DDPBAOE to land as bard passes. Of course bard can throw in damage too if he is confident in his aggro.

Sounds easy enough, will try to do this, thanks JJ

Cen
06-27-2019, 02:34 PM
One can debate the double xp at highkeep goblins getting you from 24 to 34 in a few hours but once you are 34 and research the quad spell, thats it. You are a soloing king for massive xp

Ravager
06-27-2019, 07:04 PM
Most peeps who rolled wizard, atleast as an alt, are in it for the solo exp grind. To me it's a nice casual class to pop in now and then and get some easy, albeit slow exp

Same. Took me a year and a half to get to 60, but it's the easiest class to level because you don't have to be at the keyboard the entire time.

Troxx
06-29-2019, 01:05 AM
Wizard will probably net more do over time solo. Quad kite nukes are incredibly mana efficient.

Jlpstrtkng
06-29-2019, 08:54 AM
In my experience duo is the way to go. My bro and I got a whole level to 42 last night in about 2 hours with almost no down time. Soloing is good xp but the down time is killer. And adding in another player only serves to leech xp from your pool. IMO if you can duo effectively that’s where the real money’s at

Crede
06-29-2019, 11:03 AM
If you’re not having much down time in a duo then you’re likely not contributing much. The only exception imo would be fear kiting with an enchanter or bard pbae kite after 54 which are really the only truly effective wizard duos if were talking about fast xp here.

Best strat I found was just quad solo and continuously get potg every few hours by porting back to WC And gate to wherever you fight. Such a fantastic buff and gives some balance to wizards.

Jimjam
06-29-2019, 11:55 AM
In my experience duo is the way to go. My bro and I got a whole level to 42 last night in about 2 hours with almost no down time. Soloing is good xp but the down time is killer. And adding in another player only serves to leech xp from your pool. IMO if you can duo effectively that’s where the real money’s at

What class was your bro playing? How was the duo fighting?

Jlpstrtkng
06-29-2019, 12:44 PM
What class was your bro playing? How was the duo fighting?

Me, a (now 42) human monk. Geared pretty much black pantherskin with a 30 dmg 36 dly brawl stick. He was a (now 43) barb shaman. Keeps me buffed with typical stat buffs, sow, haste, and regen. We were doing DL yetis outside the connection tunnel from the Druid ring area. I pull 3-5 a time. He roots them and I space them out as he’s doing so. Then he slows them as I make my rounds to each. I believe he was using the lower level slow. I never really got below 75% and if I did I’d either mend or grab a quick heal and he’d keep his mama up with canni. He pretty much always had over %90 mana and the only down time we had was waiting for repops. Only a single med break needed for two hour session because of rebuffs and me taking an afk to make espressos lol

Jlpstrtkng
06-29-2019, 12:51 PM
I should mention that he just recently got some insane Wisdom gear so his WIS is ~200 which at his level is good and may have contributed to his mana pool and regen.

Muggens
06-30-2019, 11:52 AM
Monk + shaman = wizard?

Crede
06-30-2019, 02:10 PM
Me, a (now 42) human monk. Geared pretty much black pantherskin with a 30 dmg 36 dly brawl stick. He was a (now 43) barb shaman. Keeps me buffed with typical stat buffs, sow, haste, and regen. We were doing DL yetis outside the connection tunnel from the Druid ring area. I pull 3-5 a time. He roots them and I space them out as he’s doing so. Then he slows them as I make my rounds to each. I believe he was using the lower level slow. I never really got below 75% and if I did I’d either mend or grab a quick heal and he’d keep his mama up with canni. He pretty much always had over %90 mana and the only down time we had was waiting for repops. Only a single med break needed for two hour session because of rebuffs and me taking an afk to make espressos lol

Monk + shaman = wizard?

Lol. I'm with Muggens here, we're talking about wizards here bud, not monk/shaman.

Only way to rival that kind of xp as a wizard would be PBAE with a bard 54+ or chain fear kiting with an enchanter charmed pet.

Cen
06-30-2019, 03:10 PM
Lol. I'm with Muggens here, we're talking about wizards here bud, not monk/shaman.

Only way to rival that kind of xp as a wizard would be PBAE with a bard 54+ or chain fear kiting with an enchanter charmed pet.

The fastest way to level a wizard is to reroll i guess.. But only to a bard or druid maybe

Jlpstrtkng
06-30-2019, 07:15 PM
Lol I guess I forgot we were talking about wizards here. I’m sitting here talking about duos but neither class is the relevant one ��

Ravager
06-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Wizard duos great with any class that can solo.