PDA

View Full Version : Kerra Island must be cleansed (free PL 6/29 9pm est))

Expediency
06-29-2019, 03:18 PM
The cats of Kerra Island are a menace to all of Odus, and must be dealt with. Any adventurers level 15-30 who are willing to make the trip to exotic Kerra Island (off tox forest) tonight will be rewarded with free druid PL service. This is one of the least used zones in the game, if you have ever wanted to explore it this is a good opportunity.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Kerra_Island

I will be there at 9pm sharp ready to roll. Depending on how it goes this service will last until 11 or 12est and I will port you out when its time to go.

Kerra isle can be reached in less than 5 minutes from the druid/wiz ports in tox. Run to the dock on the western side of the zone and swim straight across, once you hit land go left for about 20 seconds and you will see the entrance tunnel. Casters should bind in the tunnel, melee should bind in erudin or paineel. I will pull to the zone so you can run if you get too aggressive.

I do not expect more than a handful of people will take me up on this offer, so come out and clean up on exp instead of sitting LFG during prime time.

If you need more info send a tell to expediency or quartermaster, both will be in kerra tonight.

Praise Prexus

loramin
06-29-2019, 04:34 PM
Kerra island is one of the most underused zones in the game, and a huge part of it is that the zone all but requires groups for everywhere except the entry area up through/past the bridge (all of which can be soloed).

What I'm trying to say is, this is a great chance to actually have other (level-appropriate) characters together, in an zone where you otherwise wouldn't ... and then you get buffs from Expediency on top of it.

If you've never been to Kerra Island before you should take advantage of this kind offer: the faction will only matter for this zone and Erud's Crossing (which virtually no one ever goes to since they can just get a Dial port in Toxx).

Worry
06-29-2019, 04:56 PM
A great zone to take in all the immersion. A shame more obscure zones like this aren't utilized more.

titanshub
06-29-2019, 07:34 PM
Kittens will be filing a protest with the UN. War crimes are not a laughing matter. :P

Tecmos Deception
06-29-2019, 08:45 PM
Kerra island is one of the most underused zones in the game, and a huge part of it is that the zone all but requires groups for everywhere except the entry area up through/past the bridge (all of which can be soloed).

What I'm trying to say is, this is a great chance to actually have other (level-appropriate) characters together, in an zone where you otherwise wouldn't ... and then you get buffs from Expediency on top of it.

If you've never been to Kerra Island before you should take advantage of this kind offer: the faction will only matter for this zone and Erud's Crossing (which virtually no one ever goes to since they can just get a Dial port in Toxx).

So pissed I didn't make videos when I was there from like 12-20 (edit - seems it was 16-20) with noman. Really cool zone.

There are a few unique quests that are on their faction. Nothing too special at this point though.

Keebz
06-29-2019, 09:36 PM
So pissed I didn't make videos when I was there from like 12-20 (edit - seems it was 16-20) with noman. Really cool zone.

Pre or post revamp?

Halox
06-30-2019, 08:55 AM
Awe man. I forgot about this and missed it

Osprey39
06-30-2019, 10:08 AM
Thanks again Expediency, was a good time!

Johnny

Expediency
06-30-2019, 09:52 PM
Thanks for coming out guys, been wanting to try this for a while. Kerra is one of my top 3 favorite zones.

For anyone thinking of going there, the wiki suggests 22-30 can be done in the back but that was not our experience. At one point a level 27 showed up and it was hard finding mobs that were blue to him. Most of the mobs were blue to the level 23, and all of them were blue+ for the level 20.

The server reset caused us to wait at the entrance until that was over, then we moved into the back town area. There are TONS of mobs in the back and timer is pretty quick. We never had the back area any more than half cleared.

Tecmos Deception
06-30-2019, 11:26 PM
Pre or post revamp?

I didnt know there was a revamp. I was last there about 3 years afo on blue.

White_knight
07-01-2019, 12:40 AM
Did you find the elusive crazy cat lady in the zone??

Crede
07-01-2019, 10:56 AM
The rats in here are monks and make great pets for enchanters/Druids. There’s a higher level rat monk in the zone who wrecks. I charmed it on my druid in a small group and it was some of the most fun I’ve ever had grouping. Totally empty zone with a shitload of mobs and extremely close to a druid portal.

Hope to see more here on green.

Voland
07-01-2019, 01:46 PM
Kerra isle can be reached in less than 5 minutes from the druid/wiz ports in tox. Run to the dock on the western side of the zone and swim straight across, once you hit land go left for about 20 seconds and you will see the entrance tunnel.

Wow, I wish I've known this before... back when I was farming Kerra Isle, I traveled the slow way: port to NK, run to Qeynos, take a boat.. yikes!

jazzman_so_fresh
07-07-2019, 09:07 PM
I think Odus would have more appeal if it's color pallett was a bit different.

Legidias
07-08-2019, 12:05 AM
Borderline racist post lol

Expediency
07-08-2019, 09:20 PM

Odus is very underrated. Other than stonebrunt everything is 5 minutes from a town. Instead of moon cats, luclin should have just turned kerra into a proper town with cats as a playable race.

Nothing borderline about it, I am openly racist against kerrans. They've got a whole prison camp of kobolds on that island so they're no saints either. Praise Prexus

Arkanjil
07-09-2019, 12:07 AM
I hope people end up grouping in this dungeon more on Green. It’s a really neat zone with a beach and beachside bar in it. Cats know how to party!

fugazi
07-09-2019, 07:04 AM
There’s a higher level rat monk in the zone who wrecks. I charmed it on my druid in a small group and it was some of the most fun I’ve ever had grouping. Totally empty zone with a shitload of mobs and extremely close to a druid portal.

Bollocks. The elite rat for some reason isn't an animal and you can't charm it. Oh yeah, I'm one of those idiots who went there with a friend as a druid/enchanter duo.

The zone has shit loot unless you happen to love fish and milk. The xp modifier is trash and since you're fighting monks and shamans, expect to take a ton of damage and slows. It just isn't worth xping at other than to be able to say 'I've grouped in Kerra'.

Mblake81
07-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Odus is very underrated. Other than stonebrunt everything is 5 minutes from a town. Instead of moon cats, luclin should have just turned kerra into a proper town with cats as a playable race.

I agree, more should have been done with the area but we were in expansion phase so.. moon cats! .. and Bazaar (which should have been in the Shady Swashbuckler area)

Nothing borderline about it, I am openly racist against kerrans. They've got a whole prison camp of kobolds on that island so they're no saints either. Praise Prexus

+5 forums points for RP.

Quinas
07-09-2019, 09:02 AM

I think he meant this: