PDA

View Full Version : Goblin Gazughi Ring Alternatives for Green...

kingpinner
07-02-2019, 07:27 PM
I want to level up another enchanter for green but I don’t know of an instant Invis type item to break charms other than the GGR which won’t roll out until Kunark. Are there any alternatives for the GGR in the opening stage of the game or am I gonna be casting Invis and slowing my exp by 10x? lol

plzrelax
07-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Pick dark elf and hide. It works 50/50 so you might still want invis memmed, but it works

Swish2
07-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Pick dark elf and hide. It works 50/50 so you might still want invis memmed, but it works

I already do this, plus dark elves are a great race to play anyway and Neriak is #1 <3

loramin
07-02-2019, 08:06 PM
I recently made a wiki page with links to (I think) every invisibility item for every class: http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Invisibility_Items

It only has full invis items, not invis vs. animals ones (but GGR is the only one of those I believe). As you can see, there aren't a ton of options out there, especially in classic :(

Rang
07-02-2019, 08:43 PM
this is why de is enc master race. git gud

kuuky
07-02-2019, 08:49 PM
Used hide on my druid. Sometimes I had to hit it 3 times. Just use invisibility.

kuuky
07-02-2019, 08:59 PM
I foolishly made a Erudite Chanter(instead of DE) and that isn't even an option. Will correct it on Green though.

Widan
07-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Just dispel charm on your pet. It looks like taper enchantment doesn't work anymore so you probably have to use cancel magic. Faster cast time than invis.

Swish2
07-02-2019, 10:19 PM
Just dispel charm on your pet. It looks like taper enchantment doesn't work anymore so you probably have to use cancel magic. Faster cast time than invis.

Cancel magic or invis/ITU works. I used to use Taper Enchantment for cheap :p

Nuggie
07-02-2019, 10:51 PM
Charming with low cha at low levels with no HP gear? Sounds like a nightmare.

Swish2
07-02-2019, 10:53 PM
Charming with low cha at low levels with no HP gear? Sounds like a nightmare.

Level 1-11 (pre-charm) is worse than that.

Troxx
07-03-2019, 12:16 AM
I charmed maybe half my levels on my druid and all my levels 56-60 and never had a clicky invis ring. If you’re borderline competent and paying attention it is not hard to manually cast a cheap invis with 95%+ the effectiveness of an instaclick ring. If you’re a race or class that has hide (like my druid) you can avoid having to actually cast invis 50% of the time.

Gob ring is a neat luxury item but nowhere close to a requirement to charm solo effectively. It saves you mana and some kill time but if I’m honest ... in the time you spent either farming this ring on blue or saving the money needed to buy it you could have gotten a lot more total xp over time by skipping it and just hunting. Farming one can take 2-12 hours depending on luck. At 500p an hour it’ll take 10-12 hours saving up for one. Leveling up to 60 with one (compared to without one) is not going to take 10 hours longer. Invis is cheap to cast and any leftover extra hp on mobs is not hard to compensate for.

Neat toy, but not as critical as many would have you believe.

fastboy21
07-03-2019, 12:54 AM
Having this for the 50-60 grind is nice (and you can have one for that in Kunark).

The 1-50 grind though isn't really that bad without it, especially since (I find at least) that grouping is the easiest way to level in vanilla as a chanter.

I wouldn't pick DE just for the instant hide, but to each their own.

Cen
07-03-2019, 01:59 AM
Hide isn't 50/50. I think at 50 skill its 36%? Still great of course. Dark Elves are fabulous regardless

Tethler
07-03-2019, 02:20 AM
I charmed maybe half my levels on my druid and all my levels 56-60 and never had a clicky invis ring. If you’re borderline competent and paying attention it is not hard to manually cast a cheap invis with 95%+ the effectiveness of an instaclick ring. If you’re a race or class that has hide (like my druid) you can avoid having to actually cast invis 50% of the time.

Yeah, same. I forget which was cheaper, invis vs animal or the low rank, self only camo, but I always just cast it. The mana cost is minimal. The only real downside is you maybe lose a med tick cause you need to stand a little sooner, that and the occasional pet death, though rare if you are paying attention.

Jimjam
07-03-2019, 05:36 AM
Cloudy potion for when you *need* an instant click, otherwise your fastest invisible ability/spell.

GreldorEQ
07-03-2019, 08:36 AM
I charmed maybe half my levels on my druid and all my levels 56-60 and never had a clicky invis ring.

Neat toy, but not as critical as many would have you believe.

agree 100%