PDA

View Full Version : Exp bonuses should be altered to be more "community friendly"

Beldan4
07-06-2019, 06:00 PM
During exp bonuses on holidays I've noticed something. The selfish get more selfish. Those looking to get good exp even more aggressively drive out those looking to get in on the action so that the exp is more selfishly horded instead of divided up among people. This normally happens anyway, but it just gets worse on exp bonus days.

I suggest something else (and I hope some GM sees this). Instead of raising the overall exp across the board. You just raise over all exp slightly 10% maybe, but then raise the group bonus to the point that it eliminates (or mitigates) the "group cut". So having 6 people in your group is no worse exp than having lets say 2.

This means that in order to crank up the exp flow people will be thrilled to add full group members because it doesn't hurt their plvlage for them to be there.

Thoughts?

fortior
07-06-2019, 06:13 PM
I'd like xp bonuses to be bigger in areas with low ZEMs, but temporarily upping the group xp bonus sounds really nice as well, like a comraderie-boost.

aaezil
07-06-2019, 06:24 PM
Sounds like a duo or trio doesnt want you

Evia
07-06-2019, 06:45 PM
I like this idea. Maybe something like they do with red? where each member in the group increases the exp for the entire party. So it makes people motivated to invite others to the group...even a druid or wizard!

Trelaboon
07-06-2019, 06:48 PM
I actually hate exp bonuses. I net less overall exp every single time because everything is so damn crowded.

Twochain
07-06-2019, 07:01 PM
I just appreciate having an exp bonus weekend first and foremost lol. Big thanks to Rog.

A group bonus is a cool idea, but i'm sure they are very busy with Green/Last patch atm. =)

Swish2
07-06-2019, 07:33 PM
During exp bonuses on holidays I've noticed something. The selfish get more selfish. Those looking to get good exp even more aggressively drive out those looking to get in on the action so that the exp is more selfishly horded instead of divided up among people. This normally happens anyway, but it just gets worse on exp bonus days.

I suggest something else (and I hope some GM sees this). Instead of raising the overall exp across the board. You just raise over all exp slightly 10% maybe, but then raise the group bonus to the point that it eliminates (or mitigates) the "group cut". So having 6 people in your group is no worse exp than having lets say 2.

This means that in order to crank up the exp flow people will be thrilled to add full group members because it doesn't hurt their plvlage for them to be there.

Thoughts?

For reference they used to be "double XP weekends", but as we've all seen... people start foaming at the mouth and causing more crap for the volunteers to deal with. Maybe the way to do it is to make it +50% XP in less traveled leveling zones? Not classic, but then neither is bonus XP <3

Jimjam
07-06-2019, 07:37 PM
For all people say the unemployed on the server, we have to assume these extra players that show up for holidays are employed and behaved even worse!