PDA

View Full Version : lvl 51 can suck it

RevSaber
07-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Im getting 2% per quad at 51.... way worse than the 4% at 45.... Can we get rid of hell levels lol. Im quadding frost giant savages. Any suggestions welcome

fastboy21
07-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Im getting 2% per quad at 51.... way worse than the 4% at 45.... Can we get rid of hell levels lol. Im quadding frost giant savages. Any suggestions welcome

Join a group. Go ninja semi-afk between dumping your mana pool and watch youtube.

Pro tip: set up some chat triggers to alert you if they are considering dropping you for being afk too much.

mumpz
07-12-2019, 12:47 PM
are those the ones in EW?

go to cs and do wyverns

but ya if you think 51 is rough, have fun 54-60

Mblake81
07-12-2019, 12:52 PM

When you look into the void, level 59 will be there staring back at you.

And no, we will not be getting rid of them. Each time you see a player with level 60 by their class name, those who have not been powerleveled to skip the pain, say "damn dawg, that is some cray shit"

Join a group. Go ninja semi-afk between dumping your mana pool and watch youtube.

Pro tip: set up some chat triggers to alert you if they are considering dropping you for being afk too much.

+1, please also setup hotkeys to spam you are doing this. So you can get booted and thus stop playing cause the game sucked ass.

7thGate
07-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Seriously, level 59 is the worst. Its slow enough that I gave up purposefully trying to XP a long time ago, since its depressing as hell to XP for an hour and get 1-2%. Instead, I've been slowly meandering in the general direction of 60 for almost a year by being in random XP groups on raids and helping with random stuff. I'm averaging about 6% of a level a month, but its all doing fun stuff, so I figure I'll just get there eventually.

Halfcell
07-12-2019, 01:03 PM
. Any suggestions welcome

Sell ports and buy a Bard PL sesh.

I am only half joking. If you are quadding you are playing either a wiz or a druid, so good luck finding groups. If you can, do that. The xp may not be as good but it will be more fun than quadding till your eyes bleed.

If you must quad, go to CS and quad wyvern. Pro tip, if you are max ally to CoV they wont even assist each other. You can run a quad right over the top of their friends and they won't even care.

Tuurin
07-12-2019, 01:12 PM
If you must quad, go to CS and quad wyvern. Pro tip, if you are max ally to CoV they wont even assist each other. You can run a quad right over the top of their friends and they won't even care.

That accurate? It’s been a while since I quadded CS but I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the case when I did it. It’s true that killing them loses no faction but you still had to harmo clusters of them and pull them down to the beach to avoid adds. Even at max faction. Or am I misremembering?

Malik_Gynax
07-12-2019, 01:12 PM
My suggestion? Appreciate 2% per quad while you've got it. That's awesome.

It does not last.

Tecmos Deception
07-12-2019, 01:16 PM

Wait till 54.

59 never really bothered me though, since you know you're done worrying about xp after it.

Mblake81
07-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Druids have to make groups with them being lead and organizing it, otherwise have friends. The good news is you are welcome in raids again due to some recent changes.

Wizard.. you are boned. If you have your epic then you can pull KC arguable as good as a monk, this includes pulling 4-5 mobs and root parking them with space between so melee can fight and not take damage from one they are not engaged on yet.

Otherwise, quads. There are better places, I could link you and be a good elf pal but I don't know you and I am rankled a bit today. So you can do the incredibly easy task of a google search since everything is basically laid out in plain language... search raptors in TD, Sentient suits in WL. :/

Seriously, level 59 is the worst. Its slow enough that I gave up purposefully trying to XP a long time ago, since its depressing as hell to XP for an hour and get 1-2%. Instead, I've been slowly meandering in the general direction of 60 for almost a year by being in random XP groups on raids and helping with random stuff. I'm averaging about 6% of a level a month, but its all doing fun stuff, so I figure I'll just get there eventually.

I did 59 on a wizard camping Jacker in Neriak Foreign Quarter. Like a 5 minute respawn, 3 nukes and hes dead. Sit down and busy myself doing something else. It does take some determination to get through that level in a reasonable time frame unless you have friends doing cool stuff or you are a guy who will take on organizing groups and making things work.

Mblake81
07-12-2019, 01:25 PM
Wait till 54.

59 never really bothered me though, since you know you're done worrying about xp after it.

Tuck my head down and plow through 54 in Karnors. Zone has a bad rep but pick up groups are a thing and during off hours you can find mobs. 59 always made me anxious but that might have been due to the raid scene blowing chunks and what was the point of leveling to 60.

mcoy
07-12-2019, 01:29 PM
That accurate? It’s been a while since I quadded CS but I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the case when I did it. It’s true that killing them loses no faction but you still had to harmo clusters of them and pull them down to the beach to avoid adds. Even at max faction. Or am I misremembering?

I'm max ally and I definitely have to steer my druid's quad around the drakes and other wyverns else they add on. This is both the regular mobs and the named Azurake and Yvolcarn.

-Mcoy

Crede
07-12-2019, 01:39 PM
Keep yourself POTG'd at all times. I preferred the hornets in BW, but if a bard was whoring up all the mobs then I'd gate to CS and check wyverns. If that is loaded with druids, then go xp on another class until either of the prior conditions are no longer present.

Axlrose
07-12-2019, 02:30 PM
Simple question since my highest character on Live was level 52 (and I am nowhere near that here on Project 1999) -

Once a player reaches level 60, does the experience gains stop or can you actually get to level 60 and 99% towards level 61?

Thanks!

Crede
07-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Simple question since my highest character on Live was level 52 (and I am nowhere near that here on Project 1999) -

Once a player reaches level 60, does the experience gains stop or can you actually get to level 60 and 99% towards level 61?

Thanks!

99% into 60 otherwise you’d de-level to 59 every time you died at 60

Celery4183
07-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Here I am saying that to lvl 45, ugh

Psyborg
07-12-2019, 02:56 PM

51 is not a hell level. It's when the exp grind actually starts. Every level you attain from here on out will be slower than the last (55 excluded because 54 is an actual hell level). In my experience 51-60 takes about 5x as long as 1-50 at least. Most of it is the slower exp but the other part is that getting groups and traveling takes more time. Enjoy the ride. 51-60 is slower but more meaningful. Camps start yielding money drops, and you can start doing end game content.

branamil
07-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Just wait until 59 when its like 0.33% per quad

Crede
07-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Just wait until 59 when its like 0.33% per quad

Oh how I miss AE Chardok

Halfcell
07-12-2019, 09:52 PM
I'm max ally and I definitely have to steer my druid's quad around the drakes and other wyverns else they add on. This is both the regular mobs and the named Azurake and Yvolcarn.

-Mcoy

I guess I am wrong then. I played a wizard in Velious, on live, and max ally kept them from assisting. I could Tflux singles out of the SS zone room all day with no worries. Only Yvolcarn would assist. I know wbeyond a shadow of a doubt this was a classic, in era occurrence. I am sure I can find posts about it somewhere.

That said, I learned my lesson on Live and never rolled a quadkiting class again, so if it doesn't work here I guess that just sucks.

Tethler
07-12-2019, 10:28 PM
The aviaks in TD might still be good till 52-3. I think I personally quadded them from 46-52. That was like 2 years ago though, so I don't really remember that clearly.

Insomnia
07-17-2019, 09:54 PM
You can grind the nobles in HHK until 56 if you really wanted to. I had a stretch of a few weeks where I had little time to play but still wanted to grind somehow, got levels 52-56 off them didnt really take that long either iirc cause HHK has a very high zem.