PDA

View Full Version : Ring 8 roll should use Scout roll rules

equiss
07-17-2019, 11:38 AM
The ring 8 roll is stupid. Currently the gap from roll to spawn is 2 hours.

Let's all be civil nerds and come to an agreement, just like scout.

Everyone rolls when Gloradin pops. Whoever wins turns in immediately, and everyone who rolled helps.

If there aren't enough people to help with the fight (you only need 1 Druid and 1 60 Monk/SK/Ranger/etc), then hold off turnin until those arrive.

This would be so much better!

Psyborg
07-17-2019, 12:21 PM
Signed.

quack
07-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Disagree. If anything, scout should be bring your own force. Shouldn't be 40 people showing up for charity loot.

Psyborg
07-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Disagree. If anything, scout should be bring your own force. Shouldn't be 40 people showing up for charity loot.

I don't see how bringing your own force is any different than the server coming together as a force. I don't consider it charity when I show up to 40+ rolls before finally getting my own turn in.

Xulia
07-17-2019, 01:55 PM

You're not required to help at Scout roll; but if you don't and you miss your chance at loot when everyone bails on you...

quack
07-17-2019, 01:58 PM
I don't see how bringing your own force is any different than the server coming together as a force. I don't consider it charity when I show up to 40+ rolls before finally getting my own turn in.

Because it would require some amount of effort to obtain. Not everyone would be able/willing to get a force for it, especially not every 10 hours. It's not like the server groups up every 8 hours to hand out 6 necks to whoever rolls highest. And it would take out some of the low level people, unless of course their friends are fine with it going to a low level.

I'm not trying to pretend EQ is some incredibly difficult game that only super skilled people can succeed in, but it is a game that rewards effort, and that's a big part of what makes it great.

Psyborg
07-17-2019, 02:03 PM
Because it would require some amount of effort to obtain. Not everyone would be able/willing to get a force for it, especially not every 10 hours. It's not like the server groups up every 8 hours to hand out 6 necks to whoever rolls highest. And it would take out some of the low level people, unless of course their friends are fine with it going to a low level.

I'm not trying to pretend EQ is some incredibly difficult game that only super skilled people can succeed in, but it is a game that rewards effort, and that's a big part of what makes it great.

And what's the protocol if multiple forces are waiting at the same time? Are you proposing that there should still be a roll but or do you want to go back to clicking wars?

quack
07-17-2019, 02:09 PM
And what's the protocol if multiple forces are waiting at the same time? Are you proposing that there should still be a roll but or do you want to go back to clicking wars?

Let's be honest, there's zero chance scout roll ever gets changed to what I want, so I'm not really proposing anything. But yes, I think scout roll should become like ring 8 roll, not the other way around.

Mostly, I'm just posting here to oppose this change. I realize ring 8 has a much higher barrier to entry than scout, and it would never become a 40 man shitfest. I also realize that some people already stick around to help the winner. But I really think it should remain a bring your own force encounter.

7thGate
07-18-2019, 12:53 AM
When I did my ring 8, it was like this. Everyone stuck around to help, and the roll was 20 minutes before the spawn. I don't see why it couldn't be that way again.

zodium
07-18-2019, 01:03 AM
this isn't really a good idea. the way 8th ring event works means having a horde of unorganized people makes you more likely to lose, not less.

nostalgic99
07-18-2019, 01:30 AM
agreed. should be like scout roll.

aaezil
07-18-2019, 02:15 AM
vulak should be /random 1000