PDA

View Full Version : HS West

Izmael
07-18-2019, 04:31 AM
Couple questions to the resident HS gurus:

1. Is there any kind of safe spot in HS West? I've leveled multiple toons in that wing but never really seemed to spot one. By safe I mean totally safe, you can camp a lowbie cleric for CR there. Maybe I just missed the obvious?

2. If you had to camp, say, a 60 enc in there for CR, where would you do it? What spot would be the least dangerous for him upon login (buffed/runed/double invised of course)? Like, 2 mobs (read: potential HT) would surely be OK, 3 would be a gamble already.

3. The pit ledge pather. I remember that aggroing this guy from the other side of the pit always meant a big train since he would always run through the corridor, aggro the mobs in the rooms on the way, and basically you have to deal with at least 12 mobs which is rarely very good news in HS.

But the other day, I've done that mistake and he somehow jumped down the pit directly, adding to the mobs in there, without pathing all the way through the corridor.

Is this jump/warp down a new behavior introducted with a patch or something you guys experienced before? If this is new, this changes the dynamics of this spot a little.

enjchanter
07-18-2019, 04:47 AM
1. Basically no, but I put my cleric behind the little vase in the "lobby area" and that is like 90% safe.

2. I would camp him just before the drop down, in the middle of the hall , with an ivu. This presents you with a possibility of not instantly aggroing anything in the first place via proximity or potential undead pather (read: minimal chance of HT upon load in) and if it's a live mob and is within aggro range, you will be dealing with most likely 1 live non-ht mob which should be simple enough for a 60 enc.

3. I believe it just has to do with being in melee range as he is aggroed but otherwise I do not know how to control this behavior.

Barlu
07-18-2019, 08:44 AM
Agree with Eberron that the long hallway before the drop down to the boss side is the best place to camp an enchanter. I’m pretty sure he’s actually the one that taught me that.

As for the cleric, I’m not 100% sure what he’s referring to as “The Lobby” but if you go just inside the locked west door and tuck yourself in the corner closest to the hallway in the wing I’m pretty sure you can Rez someone inside the wing past the painting if the bodies are positioned right. Only risk is logging in if someone’s trying to break the 4 way before painting or if the cleric is so low that you Agro the Pyres through the door.

Tldr I don’t think your cleric has to be past the painting drop down to Rez your corpses.

enjchanter
07-18-2019, 11:42 AM
Your 2nd paragraph is exactly what I mean by "lobby".

Lobby is my weird personal reference for that space just before the 4 spawn in each wing lol

Lordgordon
07-18-2019, 12:05 PM
Behind the cracked wall by first boss door. Stay out of LOS and you might get lucky on login with pather away.

Barlu
07-18-2019, 12:41 PM
Your 2nd paragraph is exactly what I mean by "lobby".

Lobby is my weird personal reference for that space just before the 4 spawn in each wing lol

I thought that was the case since I’m pretty sure you’ve rezzed me from there 😃. I like the term though will have to add it to the HS vocabulary.