PDA

View Full Version : Sham VS Enchanter for cash class.

pijan
07-21-2019, 11:37 PM
Currently have both class at around level 55. Trying to decide which would be better to get 60 on for farming cash camps and funding my alt addiction. Which class is a better choice? I do have shaman epic already but other than that gear is pretty similar.

Yoink1986
07-22-2019, 12:32 AM
Enc. will take a lot less to spend to be able to get the loot to sell.

kined
07-22-2019, 12:44 AM
if its to fund alt addiction enchanter hands down. shaman you'll spend 120k+ to get in the good plat farming position. you rely on mitigation and torpor, both of which require a bit investment. chanter you can gear to do some really nice camps with only 10k or less investment, since you mainly rely on charms and the only thing that helps signifcantly is charisma which is cheap. HP helps as well but at the high end its pretty negligable from my experience in comparison to how much value you get from it on other classes. its much more challenging to farm solo as chanter than as shaman, and less consistent. there are always unsurvivable pacify crit failures to deal with and such. have to be constantly alert and ready. shaman farming is pretty chill for the most part.

i funded my alt addiction with chanter. had to fund my shaman with my chanter in fact.

Quinas
07-22-2019, 01:39 AM
Chanter farming is cheaper but way more stressful, yes.

Tethler
07-22-2019, 04:57 AM
Considering to really be able to farm with shaman you're gonna have to invest a lot into the character for Torp/epic, I'd say use the chanter.

zodium
07-22-2019, 05:27 AM
enchanters don't need a 160k up-front investment to kill things, so, probably enchanters

wagorf
07-22-2019, 05:56 AM

this

bedlam is probably the most expensive thing u'll spend on that will have sig impact on solo ability

Nycon43
07-22-2019, 09:56 AM
Enchanter as you don't need torpor and epic to get shit done.

pijan
07-22-2019, 10:03 AM
How important is chanter epic for farming? It seems like a real pain to get

jolanar
07-22-2019, 10:20 AM

Not very important afaik. Saves mana from casting haste, greats stats and looks awesome.

Crede
07-22-2019, 10:45 AM
Not very important afaik. Saves mana from casting haste, greats stats and looks awesome.

This. So hard for what you get, would not recommend it unless you want to sock 2 mobs or pay that dude to do it for you.

I have no idea why they gave enchanters a better haste(vog) in kunark than their actual epic haste.

fortior
07-22-2019, 10:48 AM

its of zero importance aside from the great stats

Barlu
07-22-2019, 11:58 AM
As most have already said it is enchanter by far. You will die a lot more but have access to some great cash camps that either aren’t very difficult or have very easy corpse runs (BM comes to mind). My enchanter has been used to pretty much exclusively fund alts and has less than 30k in gear (excluding spells) and I can’t think of any cash camps I can’t solo that a decked out enchanter can.

Epic isn’t necessary but haste does eat a decent amount of mana on pets. Gets better with VoG though given long duration.

Lordgordon
07-23-2019, 12:03 PM
Ranger

Thorondor
07-23-2019, 12:33 PM
This. So hard for what you get, would not recommend it unless you want to sock 2 mobs or pay that dude to do it for you.

I have no idea why they gave enchanters a better haste(vog) in kunark than their actual epic haste.

Visions of Grandeur
Increase Attack Speed by 58%
2 : Increase AGI by 40
3 : Increase DEX by 25
4 : Increase ATK by 20

Speed of Shissar
Increase Attack Speed by 66%
2 : Increase AGI by 40
5 : Decrease Stamina Loss by 3
6 : Increase AC by 12

Define "Better", when the vast majority of the server does not have a 41% Haste item to benefit from the 8% post-cap delta in additive haste that one can only get with a haste item of 40/41%?

With the vast majority of the server having equal to or less than 34% worn haste, 20 attack is certainly not "better" than 8% additional haste unless they are consistently getting V2 haste from a bard in group to make up for the deficiency of not having a 40/41% haste item from TOV raiding.

Proof:

1/1.92 = 0.5208333 multiplier on the time of your dly
1/2.00 = 0.5000000 multiplier on the time of your dly

1 - (0.5/0.520833) = 4.00% net delay reduction.

For Warrior: Typical attack rating using frostbringer mainhand is 1100

So you're saying a less than 2% increase to attack rating > a more than 4% net increase to the number of swings per minute on top of SOS being better suited for tanking statwise?

Jlpstrtkng
07-23-2019, 05:57 PM
Whatever you decide slide 5k my way so I can fund my Jboots lmao

kingpinner
07-23-2019, 07:05 PM
Enchanters can get to more camps without assistance and can solo nearly everything shamans can. Plus, shamans can’t break a lot of the camps an enchanter could. You make an enchanter to find your shaman lol.

loramin
07-23-2019, 07:12 PM

This is really the only argument for Shaman: we don't have to deal with pet breaks. Our (tough) fights might take longer (several times as long in fact), but as long as we reslow frequently they're pretty much safe the entire time. In contrast, literally every second of every Enchanter fight there's a (small) chance for things to go sideways ... but again, those fights do finish a lot faster.

Despite this, given the fact that (as others have already said) Shaman need about 160k just to do what Enchanters can do while wearing some cheap silk, Enchanter is almost certainly the right choice for the OP.