PDA

View Full Version : I have done the impossible

Mazoku
07-23-2019, 03:23 AM
In my many years of Everquest there have been numerous strange phenomenon which have followed me. Today I came across a new one which is very peculiar..I manage to get a bag inside another bag..I was minding my own business getting ready to buy a fletching kit in Rivervale. I then cleared a spot in my inventory slots for my new kit to arrive. I then had my first bag opened. When I clicked to purchase a new fletching kit from Joana Jinklebelly my new kit went into my first bag instead of the open slot...

I sat there staring at my screen momentarily..what had just happened?

I received a bag INSIDE A BAG!! I have not photoshopped this I merely cut out the UI and anything pertinent to my information. (Chat/time etc) But you can clearly see there is a kit inside my bag..

The kit is available to open inside the bag but it gives you ZERO slots to work with while the kit is inside the backpack. As soon as I take it out of the backpack it becomes a normal kit with full slots ready to work with. This seems to have no benefit to the player but I thought this was odd and would be entertaining to everyone. I'm going to place this in a bug report now..

Jlpstrtkng
07-23-2019, 03:32 AM
Pretty sure you can always place bags of the same size inside each other as long as the bag being placed is empty. Could be wrong tho

Mazoku
07-23-2019, 03:35 AM
If so that is news to me. I was of the understanding that NO container could go inside a container.

Dolalin
07-23-2019, 07:45 AM
I *think* the "no containers in containers" is hacked back in as part of that custom dll that p99 uses, and that the client we use actually supports containers in containers. So maybe you found a bug in the dll?

jolanar
07-23-2019, 09:59 AM
I *think* the "no containers in containers" is hacked back in as part of that custom dll that p99 uses, and that the client we use actually supports containers in containers. So maybe you found a bug in the dll?

I don't think you could put bags inside bags until long after the Titanium client, so I'm not sure this is true.

I'm guessing bug.

Nuggie
07-23-2019, 10:11 AM
Bug.

Brocode
07-23-2019, 10:15 AM
if you buy too fast, between server tick you can manage to have bag inside bag, normal procedure would crash you to servers, and relog without the bought bag, but as commented our client supports.

Legidias
07-23-2019, 10:48 AM
Banned for exploit

Jibartik
07-23-2019, 11:28 AM
Somehow I am going to figure out how to use this to ruin the evil eye camp for everyone on green.

Mazoku
07-23-2019, 04:19 PM
There is no use for this bug and it cannot be used to exploit. It is merely just strange. Furthermore I have already reported it, I am sure a fix is in the works..and if not then it is just a bug that eats a slot in a bag.

indiscriminate_hater
07-23-2019, 04:24 PM
xzibit.jpg

Mazoku
07-24-2019, 12:47 AM
This is what you meant.