PDA

View Full Version : Full greenmist MQ

Hrothgar
07-23-2019, 11:20 AM
Wondering what this would cost these days, as the GMS and such have dropped significantly in price since 2.0 update

elwing
07-23-2019, 12:59 PM
I did sold the lord of pain khukri for 50k long ago, you need to add the gms, history easy kills and a few junks to it...

walfreyydo
07-23-2019, 04:47 PM
The point is to do the quest. Its less difficult than the SK epic IMO. Wheres the pride in a MQ?

elwing
07-23-2019, 04:52 PM
Can't disagree, the only reason I sold a mq is because I did the quest for pride, despite being human...

Tethler
07-24-2019, 12:08 AM
The point is to do the quest. Its less difficult than the SK epic IMO. Wheres the pride in a MQ?

That's just precious.

aaezil
07-24-2019, 12:48 AM
That's just precious.

Didnt complete any of your own epics did you? Must have struck a nerve

Tethler
07-24-2019, 04:01 AM
Didnt complete any of your own epics did you? Must have struck a nerve

Completed 3 on live. Thanks for asking!

Fammaden
07-24-2019, 05:40 AM
Completed 3 on live. Thanks for asking!

During which expansion?

Tethler
07-24-2019, 06:32 AM
During which expansion?

Druid during Velious, Rogue during Luclin, Beastlord during PoP, why?

Did druid 1.5 too when that came out.

Xulia
07-24-2019, 08:33 AM
Its less difficult than the SK epic IMO.

As someone who has completed both from start to finish Greenmist is much more difficult.

Innoruuk's Curse's hardest pieces to obtain are Soul Leech and the Decrepit Hide, the rest of it is fairly easy considering you don't even have to do the parts involving the cough elixir, dusty tome, or darkforge armor. Blade of Abrogation drops on enough Plane of Sky raids that it shouldn't be considered difficult to obtain if you're already in a position to feasibly attempt your epic. So the hardest parts to obtain for the Epic are the Plane drops that have no use to anyone besides SK's and the most difficult target is a Fear Golem.

If you want Greenmist you have to either buy a Hero's Khukri or do the entire quest from Pawn's Khukri forward which will have you camping froglok raiders in Swamp of No Hope until you've filled a drawer's worth of poopsocks. And that's not even half way through Greenmist - regardless of your choice to buy a Hero's Khukri you still have to camp Droga for the keys to progress to Lord of Pain's.

You camp two things for SK Epic - mimics and Glohnor in The Hole, both are easily doable with a trio of decently geared people and you can usually find a group already camping them (mimics) and letting keys rot.

tl;dr
SK Epic is far easier than Greenmist even if you skip to Hero's.

Benanov
07-24-2019, 11:00 AM
which will have you camping froglok raiders in Swamp of No Hope until you've filled a drawer's worth of poopsocks

I must have been stupidly lucky, I did that camp in 3 sessions last week. First session I got 7 pages and the binder (with a pile of help from some friendly necromancers taking out the camp). Second session was page #9 and last session was page #10 on first kill.

Xulia
07-24-2019, 11:22 AM
I must have been stupidly lucky, I did that camp in 3 sessions last week. First session I got 7 pages and the binder (with a pile of help from some friendly necromancers taking out the camp). Second session was page #9 and last session was page #10 on first kill.

Yes, that is insanely improbable considering you have tons of chances of getting the same page and won't know it until you try to loot it. And you have to do this 8 times.

Benanov
07-24-2019, 11:44 AM
Yes, that is insanely improbable considering you have tons of chances of getting the same page and won't know it until you try to loot it.

I definitely got dupes. That's why I had to come back for two more camp sessions. The first was maybe 4-5 hours.

The second was 2-3 and I only got one page (to be fair, it's because I was a bit low level for all the other stuff in the zone).

The third I asked a friend to join (who was super-bored of Kurn's) and first kill, last page. I had an "Are You Kidding Me?" moment.

elwing
07-24-2019, 12:03 PM
Don't worry, the RNG will assert its vengeance on the visceral dagger and that damn stone key....

bigjeff100
07-24-2019, 12:27 PM
Aight Livi.. Guess we should just do our epics then!! But let's do mine first ;) ;)

walfreyydo
07-24-2019, 02:55 PM
The point of doing the Kurhki (sp) quests is that you are doing them as you level up, which is what I did on live. By the time I was level 50 I had already gotten the highest Kurhki (sp) and it wasnt very difficult as most could be done with a small xp group.

Secondly, I am not aware of any mini-bosses you need to kill in order to do Greenmist.

The hardest part was Drusella's mirror and the Greenish Metal Shard, which back in the day (live) I obtained during a pickup Chardok raid--but Im sure you can get it much easily with the gearing and talent on this server. As far as I remember, getting Greenmist never required more than a full group to get the components, and at the time of completion I was not in a raiding guild. I would not have been able to get the SK epic.

For transparency I never did complete the SK epic, but I did complete Greenmist.

Crede
07-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Still have nightmares from doing the khurki quest, my god did that suck. Pay for it if you can. Full greenmist mq absolutely worth 40-50k imo

Xulia
07-24-2019, 03:48 PM
Kurhki (sp)

It's a Khukri.

It's this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukri).

Which would make cultural sense seeing as how the Iksar cities of Cabilis and Sebilis were situated deep in jungles or in Cabilis' case near the Swamp of No Hope. The blade becomes more complex as the Crusader explores further and further from Cabilis, going from the Fer'Esh item icon to the Shan'Tok. To my knowledge the names of these weapons do not have a translation to Common/English to further explain their etymology.

The mispronunciation of this weapon's name comes from English-speakers associating the blade with the soldiers (Ghurkas) that used them.

elwing
07-24-2019, 04:10 PM
Still have nightmares from doing the khurki quest, my god did that suck. Pay for it if you can. Full greenmist mq absolutely worth 40-50k imo

I don't follow religiously but tbh I never saw anyone else selling a full lord of pain MQ in months, beside a suspicious underpriced single auction from a new account... Pretty much at the same time period someone was discussing buying mine....