PDA

View Full Version : will you allow duo-box in blue

rotenvok
07-31-2019, 12:26 PM
green server will be the official and main server

so when green launchs, let us box in blue, only 2 toons

Kavious
07-31-2019, 12:27 PM
Do you realize what that would do to the server?

rotenvok
07-31-2019, 12:29 PM
Do you realize what that would do to the server?

2 toons will be safe and well, game is ruined only when you allow people boxing dozens of toons

Ltldogg
07-31-2019, 12:36 PM
Please no. The game is ruined once any boxers are allowed.

loramin
07-31-2019, 12:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dJZAx46.jpg

The staff will give us all the details when they feel like it ... mostly likely right before Green is released. This is just my opinion, but I highly doubt that any threads started between now and then are going to change their mind about boxing (or on any other Green details).

I'm not telling anyone what to post or not, I'm just saying that your time would probably be better spent killing some more orc pawns or something, and just waiting patiently for Rogean to make an announcement, than trying to change his mind or convince him to make an announcement sooner by posting.

Benanov
07-31-2019, 12:41 PM
But what's the fun in that /s

To the OP: there are other EQ emulated services that allow 3-boxing by default. You can simply take your traveller's cheques to that competing resort.

honeybee12874
07-31-2019, 01:00 PM
Please no. The game is ruined once any boxers are allowed.

Cen
07-31-2019, 01:03 PM
Did blue suddenly become the non official server?

Videri
07-31-2019, 01:34 PM
After seeing his last few threads, I think rotenvok may just be trolling.

Keza
07-31-2019, 01:37 PM
I wanted to debate this before I realized enchanters/shamans can already solo everything. Duo-boxing safe & well confirmed.

garfo
07-31-2019, 01:54 PM
2 toons will be safe and well, game is ruined only when you allow people boxing dozens of toons

So, so wrong.

Why even play p99?

Xulia
07-31-2019, 01:55 PM

rotenvok
07-31-2019, 01:58 PM
So, so wrong.

Why even play p99?

I play because its the most populated server

other servers allow boxing, but they are almost empty.

I like p99, i just want one server for boxing while other server (green) will be the normal one, and i will play both

Daldaen
07-31-2019, 02:02 PM
2-boxing is nice because you don’t have to waste other people’s time with tedious activities that aren’t really fun that you currently have to drag people into. Things like:

Porting
Rezzing
Transferring items
Tradeskilling
Powerleveling Alts

For all meaningful raid and hard group content you still need the assistance of others and that’s how it should be.

rotenvok
07-31-2019, 02:07 PM
2-boxing is nice because you don’t have to waste other people’s time with tedious activities that aren’t really fun that you currently have to drag people into. Things like:

Porting
Rezzing
Transferring items
Tradeskilling
Powerleveling Alts

For all meaningful raid and hard group content you still need the assistance of others and that’s how it should be.

agree 200%

Nuggie
07-31-2019, 02:12 PM
Hard pass.

d3r14k
07-31-2019, 02:18 PM

There is a correlation here.

fadetree
07-31-2019, 02:45 PM
There's a thought that P99 is really the only decently populated server because specifically it does not allow boxing. That may be true, but I think the level of anti-RMT and anti-cheat and anti-macro efforts that have been put into it also play a role to some extent.

I personally don't get it. I think if boxing is regulated at 2 or 3 max and you can't have the bot swarms that you used to see on live, then it really shouldn't make much of a difference. Anyone who has tried to box a key role or two on a raid will know that it is difficult to the point of insanity without illegal macros. But - TAKP is a good server, 3 box max, in luclin and will have PoP before too long. Good community, good devs, and it's an era-accurate server with an accurate client as well. However, it is significantly less populated as compared to P99, so there ya go.

I think part of P99's population is just that it was there the first and has sucked up all the population that wants to play any classic EQ at all anyway, and since people are invested in it now there's no reason to move. But that's not all of the reason, I think the no boxing has a legit role in attracting and keeping people along with the other things I mentioned, including nothing beyond velious. Many people disliked Luclin and PoP and quit live because of it. Of course, many people loved those and didn't quit (or started playing) specifically because of it.

I thought luclin was kinda dumb but liked PoP a great deal. I'm looking forward to TAKP's 'classic' PoP implementation. I don't know how much longer people will want to cycle through original/kunark/velious over and over, so maybe TAKP will get some bumps from that in days to come.

Anyways they are both great servers, P99 is clearly doing something right.

kaizersoze
07-31-2019, 02:50 PM
if you play on the grand creation you can dual box :)

loramin
07-31-2019, 03:03 PM

There is a correlation here.

There's a thought that P99 is really the only decently populated server because specifically it does not allow boxing. That may be true...

P99 is clearly doing something right.

Celery4183
07-31-2019, 03:17 PM
Would rather them add more expansions than allow gay boxing

zodium
07-31-2019, 03:24 PM
since the main effect of allowing 2-boxing outside of niche contexts like "in EC only" would simply be to halve the number of players needed to do any given encounter, and since we currently have too many players for the content in classic as it is, i'm gonna file this under drugs and move to resolved.

Evia
07-31-2019, 03:38 PM
I play because its the most populated server

I like p99, i just want one server for boxing while other server (green) will be the normal one, and i will play both

One of the key reasons p99 is so populated is because of their strict policy on rmt and boxing.

Add boxing and even with all the new boxed clients I guarantee you the population would begin to tank. I know as much as I value my time and characters here that I would bail without hesitation if they announced that boxing was allowed. No thanks.

kjs86z
07-31-2019, 03:45 PM
Short answer: no

Long answer: absolutely not

honeybee12874
07-31-2019, 04:58 PM
One of the key reasons p99 is so populated is because of their strict policy on rmt and boxing.

Just putting in my two cents, I'm a big fan of these policies. No boxing!!

Sidenote: At first I thought the OP was saying that people should be able to be logged onto Green and also logged onto Blue at the same time (which I also don't like the idea of) but it seems like OP was saying people should be able to have two characters logged into Blue at the same time?

Short answer: no

Long answer: absolutely not

Droxx
07-31-2019, 05:04 PM
Too many boxers on blue already.

GnomeCaptain
07-31-2019, 05:08 PM
Troll thread.

Scribin
07-31-2019, 05:39 PM
Would rather them add more expansions than allow gay boxing

are you five years old?

rotenvok
07-31-2019, 05:55 PM
Just putting in my two cents, I'm a big fan of these policies. No boxing!!

Sidenote: At first I thought the OP was saying that people should be able to be logged onto Green and also logged onto Blue at the same time (which I also don't like the idea of) but it seems like OP was saying people should be able to have two characters logged into Blue at the same time?

no

im saying let us boxing in blue (2 toons max)

and green no boxing

blue was the beta test server, green will be the "offcial" server, so let us play in blue with some changes

Widan
07-31-2019, 06:04 PM
You can just box on red no one cares there. People box on blue but sometimes they get caught.

Llandris
07-31-2019, 08:15 PM
No, nah, nope, never, nay, negative, never

Tenderizer
07-31-2019, 08:35 PM
no

im saying let us boxing in blue (2 toons max)

and green no boxing

blue was the beta test server, green will be the "offcial" server, so let us play in blue with some changes

id vote for beta blue to be wiped instead of boxing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wrw3c2NjeE

Nuggie
07-31-2019, 08:36 PM
Wipe it clean 2019?

No thanks.

Nisse
07-31-2019, 11:00 PM
No

NegaStoat
07-31-2019, 11:48 PM

No. Everyone and their grandmother leveled a quick and dirty druid to 35+ off of the Bread delivery quest while it was active for so long. Allowing 2 boxing would do awful things to actual druids & their transport guilds with their legitimate business. And I don't even use Dial-a-Dork. If you're not using the boats you're not playing the game.

Sporkotron
08-01-2019, 02:37 AM
Fuck no.

Swish2
08-01-2019, 02:39 AM
only 2 toons

My cat enjoys watching the EC tunnel auctions, does yours?

elwing
08-01-2019, 02:42 AM

Woot, best decision ever, or rather, best confirmation of a long held best decision..

Worry
08-01-2019, 08:04 AM
It's been echoed in this thread and many others, but I hope boxing is never allowed in any form. It ruined live.

Xulia
08-01-2019, 10:33 AM

https://i.imgur.com/D2AYpWL.gif

Silken
08-03-2019, 10:19 PM
other servers allow boxing, but they are almost empty.The other servers are empty BECAUSE they allow boxing. How are you not piecing this together?

fortior
08-03-2019, 10:21 PM

thanks

Jimjam
08-04-2019, 03:26 AM
You aren't entitled to Rez, item transfers or ports on demand. You aren't entitled to PLs or optimised duos.

The entire reason classes have gaps in their abilities is to encourage different players to work together.

You're just going to have to reach out, maybe make some friends or do without.

If you really want these things do what everyone else does; knock up some chick and bully her into doing your EQ chores. Then wait 7 years for the kids to be able to do these jobs for you instead.

Hope this helps.

Videri
08-05-2019, 02:54 AM
Thanks, Uncle Jim.

loramin
08-05-2019, 11:51 AM
You aren't entitled to Rez, item transfers or ports on demand. You aren't entitled to PLs or optimised duos.

The entire reason classes have gaps in their abilities is to encourage different players to work together.

You're just going to have to reach out, maybe make some friends or do without.

If you really want these things do what everyone else does; knock up some chick and bully her into doing your EQ chores. Then wait 7 years for the kids to be able to do these jobs for you instead.

Hope this helps.

The real life pro tip is always in the comments (sorry, Reddit joke).

Mblake81
08-05-2019, 12:18 PM

It didn't take you that long did it?

Using his Iphone while sitting on the toilet. The legacy of Steve Jobs.

ScottBerta
08-05-2019, 02:06 PM
HELL NO

Titanas
08-05-2019, 02:44 PM
To say this server is only good because it does not allow two boxing completely discredits the 1,000s of hours of research and Development put into making a classic EQ DB.

Nuggie
08-05-2019, 02:48 PM
I think you took that out of context. Also, the rules of the server management puts in place in no way takes away from the R&D(as you put it) the devs do. They're additive.

Jibartik
08-05-2019, 03:40 PM
To say this server is only good because it does not allow two boxing completely discredits the 1,000s of hours of research and Development put into making a classic EQ DB.

well that, and that they dont allow two boxing :D