PDA

View Full Version : Most fun twink build you’ve ever done?

Crede
08-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Title says it all. I seem to burn out around 50 with most chars as the power curve really goes down in comparison to 45+ NPCs.

Curious what your most fun twink build was? And one that you had no problem getting to 60 with? I have a 60 enc, so that’s out. Have about 100k plus a fungi.

Possibly a zlandi heart necro? Not sure tbh. Not terribly interested in grouping a lot because I have limited play time.

Naerron
08-01-2019, 10:02 AM
IMO melee are the most fun twink chars. I did a warrior 1-60, using bandaids, fungi, ToD, and blood points and it was a friggin blast the whole time. The best part is people thinking i was amazing as i turned down groups for much better XP soloing 55+

ScottBerta
08-01-2019, 10:04 AM
A twinked out Monk is hard to beat.

azeth
08-01-2019, 10:07 AM
Warrior or Monk for solo. If you don't mind grouping then Rogue.

Casters are fun to twink but you don't feel like a God with the twink gear because you were doing just fine without it.

I twinked an SK pretty hard and she was fun, but the lack of DPS was just hard to have fun with once I approached 50.

Legidias
08-01-2019, 10:50 AM
I didn't do this, but a friend had de-leveld their lvl 60, epic+ geared ranger down to like lvl 4 or something so his daughter could play it and just wipe everything out

Nuggie
08-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Get a bard a few nice instruments and away you go.

Twochain
08-01-2019, 11:08 AM
I've played every class pretty much twinked as you can.

Druid was the most fun twink I've ever played.

Full ss gear at level 5, fungi, etc. Was amazing.

Regrowth the grove at level 5. Drones of doom at level 5. Sow at level 5. Misty port at level 5 so you can meet up with druid and buy potg.

Just insane

Crede
08-01-2019, 11:16 AM
I've played every class pretty much twinked as you can.

Druid was the most fun twink I've ever played.

Full ss gear at level 5, fungi, etc. Was amazing.

Regrowth the grove at level 5. Drones of doom at level 5. Sow at level 5. Misty port at level 5 so you can meet up with druid and buy potg.

Just insane

Interesting. You did this to 60 though? All of those kinda fade out over time and you’re basically just waiting for permafrost to not be camped or quadding.

Dulu
08-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Low level Ogre Warrior, I used to run around Paladual Caverns (I think thats what it was called) killing players around my level way back in the day.

When I was bored of my good-guy shaman main, I'd switch over to the warrior for some evil deviance, battling it out with noobs. Then I would plug at the zone-in back towards the Bazaar... and wait patiently to strike again another day.

Octopath
08-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Interesting. You did this to 60 though? All of those kinda fade out over time and you’re basically just waiting for permafrost to not be camped or quadding.

Twinking is all about the journey

kjs86z
08-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Its monk and it isn't close.

red_demonman
08-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Monk easily. Chose iksar and threw in a Fungi and slowly upgraded from there. Great 1hb and 2hb options for really cheap. Eventually soloed for my own Tstaff. Still grinding solo and enjoying it at 58. Never made it to 50 so quickly.

Legidias
08-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Objectively though, a gnome (war) would get all the fun toys with worn haste / self cast haste

kjs86z
08-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Objectively though, a gnome (war) would get all the fun toys with worn haste / self cast haste

Gnome war is probably my next alt.

fortior
08-01-2019, 12:15 PM
gnome war isn't as fun as it sounds since the haste clicky isn't infinite, gotta recharge it

Fifield
08-01-2019, 12:17 PM
I"ve twinked out a paladin with NToV gear, primal, everything you could want and its meh. I gave a monk a few decent items and he was alot funner then the twinked to hell paladin.

I played a 55 necro with VP soulwell staff, that was A TON of fun, can be a group healer pretty much

Twochain
08-01-2019, 12:18 PM

Not 60 yet, level 46, working on a bard atm.

But when I play the druid, I charm a pet in lower guk and battle druid shit. I have like 2k hp 1k ac.. plus the DS clicky gloves. It's sooo easy lmao

fadetree
08-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Melees are definitely the best to twink. I'm partial to rangers, so that's what gets my vote, but twinked monks hard to beat for sheer destruction.

Twochain
08-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Melees are definitely the best to twink. I'm partial to rangers, so that's what gets my vote, but twinked monks hard to beat for sheer destruction.

Funny enough, twinked ranger was the worst twink I feel. By level 22-23 I was like... fuck this im getting her to 30 and making it my mule. I feel like my rogue took better damage, and obviously did way more dps.

The only twink melee I've never played is pally. However, I feel like my twinked Troll SK was the most powerful out of all of them 1-35. I was killing 6 blue guards at once in HHK. It's a shame SK's are garbage.

Crede
08-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Funny enough, twinked ranger was the worst twink I feel. By level 22-23 I was like... fuck this im getting her to 30 and making it my mule. I feel like my rogue took better damage, and obviously did way more dps.

The only twink melee I've never played is pally. However, I feel like my twinked Troll SK was the most powerful out of all of them 1-35. I was killing 6 blue guards at once in HHK. It's a shame SK's are garbage.

Pally was a blast until 50. Then you realize how bad their dps is for solo play. Trying to avoid monk because I did that on live, but I know they are broke af. Ranger was cool but gets wrecked 50+. Sounds like I need to continue to level my gnome war whose 46. I just found the lack of utility boring but people seem to love wars 55+ and a stunning kick sounds badass.

Unfortunately we can’t do gnome sks, that’d be my #1 choice with haste clicky Altho their dps is still pretty awful like pallies.

Schmandis
08-01-2019, 12:54 PM
+DEX Paladin twink with that Expel Undead Chardok 1HB from Grave Master.

Twochain
08-01-2019, 07:46 PM
+DEX Paladin twink with that Expel Undead Chardok 1HB from Grave Master.

Level 50 =(

Silverback
08-02-2019, 08:57 AM
Monk. I decided at level 24 that my monk with his dps is now my main after playing an SK for 54 levels. And Monk FD is a godly ability

Fungi then pick your poison with the best 1h/2h weaps

Bbeta
08-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Twinkle monks are the greatest, with your fungi and 100k, buy a cloak of flames, peacebringer, and as much raw str items u can fine. Hp rings are nice but 1-46 I'd focus on STR Stat gear. With a fungi, cof, high str. U can solo to 46 np. After 46, I'd focus on raw hp and str/sta gear.

Starting stats, sta > str for top end stuff. But for fun leveling str>sta. The idea is to burn shit down and let the regeneration carry u through to the next mob

Titanas
08-02-2019, 10:38 AM
A bit out of reach for most, but a druid with a fungi tunic and a manastone is fun.

Wendak
08-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Won a pre-nerf Fungi Stick Early Kunark and slapped it on a monk with Fungi tunic, good haste, and a T-Staff. I am a slow leveler (left this chat at 52 for a long while) and still working towards 60. That is the most fun I have had by far.

I also agree with Bbeta. Although if you want to save some money, just get a seahorse belt instead of cloak of Flames.

Halfcell
08-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Playing a Wood Elf warrior twink right now. Got him full Guardian armour cus I was farming faction on my main anyway. Fungi, CoF, wess, edge of nightwalker, reaver. He is only 33 right now but getting crips for 300+ on HK goblins has been a legit blast. Also, since he is Wood Elf the fashion quest is strong.

bomaroast
08-02-2019, 11:15 AM
Druid with a fungi and a jade mace (and heals, regen, damage shield, flame lick and snare) is a better tank than most tanks till the mid 40s. It's like playing a paladin on Diablo 2.

fortior
08-02-2019, 11:23 AM
I think a warrior twink with all the clickies + reaver would be fun, or a shaman with the epic + fungi since you can root rot like 8 mobs at once

Keebz
08-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Curious about opinions on shaman twinks. I always thought that'd be fun.

Also, don't mages (or was it wizards) get clickies that are pretty broken on low level characters?

Legidias
08-02-2019, 03:13 PM
VP / velk / (maybe Velious armor) wizard robes have some 600+ dmg nukes as clicks at lvl 1. They take a long ass time to cast (like 12 or 25 secs?) but can 1 shot many mobs until 20's.

Bbeta
08-02-2019, 04:07 PM
Holy canoli. Rend robe works at lvl 1!? That's sick

Alesclandre
08-02-2019, 04:18 PM
My almost 14khps lvl65 monk twink on live.

https://eq.magelo.com/profile/3032866

Kennie
08-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Best for me was when there wasn't a lvl restriction on epics. Rog with epic and EoN in kunark era at lvl 4 with fungi and instill doubt or intimidation was the best. solo'd up to around 51.

hillgiantchamp
08-02-2019, 05:39 PM
Currently playing a lvl 30sk with..

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ancient_Fire_Etched_Flamberge

With no buffs I double attack for 151 and proc 100dd

I believe the weapon starts procing at lvl1 got it at lvl 22 and it proced then

Have custom helm, Guardian Robe, Beads, Manastone, Fungi, Cloak of Flames, prenerf CoS etc etc. Fun times can solo a yellow mob and only get hurt 20%.

Crede
08-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Curious about opinions on shaman twinks. I always thought that'd be fun.

Also, don't mages (or was it wizards) get clickies that are pretty broken on low level characters?

I have an epic'd shaman. Honestly just feels like a weak necro. Can't vouch for torpor though and lvl 60 being a different story. Sucks that epic doesn't have the final 2 best ticks of splurt.

Mages get 25 clicky DS robe at level 1 or 5 or whatever it is. Pretty ridiculous DS for mana free even into the 50s. They also get the 60% pet haste clicky from legs, so I think that also works at those low levels? Pretty great as well.

I'm leaning towards trying to get a Zlandi heart and make a non-iksar necro. Fast leveling with iksarish benefits.

Evia
08-02-2019, 05:50 PM
I have an epic'd shaman. Honestly just feels like a weak necro. Can't vouch for torpor though and lvl 60 being a different story. Sucks that epic doesn't have the final 2 best ticks of splurt.

Mages get 25 clicky DS robe at level 1 or 5 or whatever it is. Pretty ridiculous DS for mana free even into the 50s. They also get the 60% pet haste clicky from legs, so I think that also works at those low levels? Pretty great as well.

I'm leaning towards trying to get a Zlandi heart and make a non-iksar necro. Fast leveling with iksarish benefits.

Why not iksar necro with azheart for that really sick regen!

Orionsaight
08-02-2019, 06:10 PM
250k pk ranger. I know it was a cheap tactic but it was fun and I only started pking around level-30-35 so at least I had SOME honor. It was during pop so I don't know how much "skill" u would want to call it.

Edit: I know pks have a negative view; but im not going to be a pk forever. Its gotta happen at least once /shrugs

Barlu
08-02-2019, 06:52 PM
Twink monk before the sneak nerf was a blast. Lower guk is my favorite zone and being able to hold down Cav, Sav, and Exe while they were all still dark blue was really fun. Levels flew by and i just love exping there.

Naethyn
08-02-2019, 07:32 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Gladimir
Paladin. Full set of sky shrine. Craslith (starts procing at 20). And a yelinak talisman for 41% haste. All lootable at level 6.

Naethyn
08-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Currently playing a lvl 30sk with..

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ancient_Fire_Etched_Flamberge

With no buffs I double attack for 151 and proc 100dd

I believe the weapon starts procing at lvl1 got it at lvl 22 and it proced then

Have custom helm, Guardian Robe, Beads, Manastone, Fungi, Cloak of Flames, prenerf CoS etc etc. Fun times can solo a yellow mob and only get hurt 20%.

Ps how do you loot tov before 46? That’s why city leader weps are best.

Wallicker
08-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Paladin. Full set of sky shrine. Craslith (starts procing at 20). And a yelinak talisman for 41% haste. All lootable at level 6.

Bracer of benevolence on a 32 pally twink, while my 60 Main has 300+ lost rolls and no bracer this just makes me sick

Naethyn
08-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Oh ya, and Crown of Narandi so mana is always full.

renegadeofunk
08-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Monk is the clear winner, but when I was leveling my chanter I would have killed for a Zlandi Heart. Helps so much with the random hits you take when charming (whether its pure health or saving ghetto rune mana + spell swapping).

SpinFin
08-02-2019, 10:49 PM
Rogue with epic at Lv 10 - 46 before the epic level req nerf; was cool to experience.

Trelaboon
08-03-2019, 12:40 AM
IMO melee are the most fun twink chars. I did a warrior 1-60, using bandaids, fungi, ToD, and blood points and it was a friggin blast the whole time. The best part is people thinking i was amazing as i turned down groups for much better XP soloing 55+

I did the same thing. Had a CoF, Fungi, Cobalt BP, Truncheon of Doom, an Embalmers Skinning Knife and two Bloodpoints, as well as being a Gnome, so I had 40% haste arm clicks. I solod like an absolute beast all the way to 60. I carried a bag full of nets just for the oh shit moments since they’re cheap to recharge. Use the fungi and bandages to get myself to 70% and then swapped to the cobalt BP to finish it off, although once I was past level 55 or so, I stopped needing to be 100% for fights. I dropped into Yaels pit and then solod my way up and down the ramp. Was loads of fun. Ranger is a close second with the right toys. An earth caller and sky cloak really make soloing a breeze.

aaezil
08-03-2019, 01:29 AM

This guys lvl 30 has scout roll loots rofl what a scumbag.

They really need to make it 50+ man

Jimjam
08-03-2019, 02:47 AM
It's just a braced, of which 3 or 4 are made a day. Surely the sleepers key should be your gripe, if anything?

Tethler
08-03-2019, 04:56 AM
Monk was by far my favorite twink, and I didn't even give him any high end items (pantherskin, FBSS, ada club/SoS/IFS).

That said, leveling a necro that is self-gearing has been more fun than the monk twink. After the mid-teens, necro just feels so strong with or without gear. Twinking a necro might be cool, but I don't think it would alter the gameplay like it does for a melee. Caster twinks are just essentially giving you more cushion, rather than being the dps boost it is for a melee.

Jimjam
08-03-2019, 05:59 AM
I remember buying a WQS for 40pp on my monk. Was ridiculously OP until 40.

I stalled out at 51 as I've not been able to get the time in.

Looking forward to my return so I can do the last fight for her epic!!

In the mean time I've just been putting in an hour here or there on toons in their 20s, doing courier fields and such like.

This game gets very demanding for play time!!

Naethyn
08-03-2019, 06:20 AM
This guys lvl 30 has scout roll loots rofl what a scumbag.

They really need to make it 50+ man
Bracer of benevolence on a 32 pally twink, while my 60 Main has 300+ lost rolls and no bracer this just makes me sick

My level 60 already has doze bracers and I wanted to do the quest.

Wallicker
08-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Just kind off assholish to roll at scout at lvl 32

fortior
08-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Why? If he brings his own force which he probably did, it's fair game imo.

Wallicker
08-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Why? If he brings his own force which he probably did, it's fair game imo.

Roflmao if you think he brought his own force for his 32 Paladin. I seriously doubt his guild would come out with a force for that. Regardless still assholish, the Skyshrine armor he bought, the city leader gear he spent dkp on all that is great, rolling at scout on a 32 not so much.

Bbeta
08-03-2019, 09:53 AM
My level 60 already has doze bracers and I wanted to do the quest.

#winning

aaezil
08-03-2019, 10:34 AM
Typical aftermath what did i expect honestly

#serverscum

Naethyn
08-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Roflmao if you think he brought his own force for his 32 Paladin. I seriously doubt his guild would come out with a force for that. Regardless still assholish, the Skyshrine armor he bought, the city leader gear he spent dkp on all that is great, rolling at scout on a 32 not so much.

I don’t buy anything with plat. I use a shovel for food. Sometimes I’ll have Dap deliver booze to tov but that’s it.

Also, early velious this wasn’t a roll.

Stop assuming things.

Wallicker
08-03-2019, 11:33 AM
Well you surely didn’t loot the Skyshrine armor on a 32 Paladin ToV is min lvl of 46 to enter... but like I said good for your twink on all the stuff except the BoB(now if your twink is 4+ years old and you got BoB before roll well then no complaints other than wow what a bunch of wasted gear on a toon you obviously never play).

Bbeta
08-03-2019, 11:35 AM
Well you surely didn’t loot the Skyshrine armor on a 32 Paladin ToV is min lvl of 46 to enter... but like I said good for your twink on all the stuff except the BoB(now if your twink is 4+ years old and you got BoB before roll well then no complaints other than wow what a bunch of wasted gear on a toon you obviously never play).

you're turning this fun thread into an RNF worthy pile of crap. Naethyn plays to win, is very skilled and tanks for one of the best guilds this server has ever seen. Obviously a 32 pally cant zone into tov but his 60 warrior certainly can.

Jimjam
08-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Everyone criticising ever bring super geared tanks to open PoG raids just to help new characters get free Thurg equivalent armour? No? Then lay off Naet. He's probably done more for the server than many of you.

Woe and envy.

reznor_
08-03-2019, 03:01 PM
I am twinking a warrior atm, I really love it. Waiting a bit to get some thurg armor, but fungi and some good weapons, I'm having a blast!

Didn't even have to use a min/max race either, DE war ftw.

Halfcell
08-03-2019, 03:29 PM
I dont know this Naethyn guy, but that pally is dope and to anyone complaining about a BoB on a twink, you know you would do it if you could. Dont be bitter just because someone has put in more work than you and thus, has better stuff.

Mendo
08-03-2019, 03:55 PM
This has been a fun twink. He still needs some work. I should get him a couple of those chardok earings and He needs something sexier in his range slot for sure and maybe a new bracer, I lost like 40 scout rolls with this guy and gave up on that bracer.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Grasshopperr

Here is another twink I did. He has been stuck at scout roll since November though. I probably should get this guy a vindi bp? I'm loving his Vyemm sword the dps is crazy because it procs like crazy.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Teepot

jolanar
08-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Dont be bitter just because someone has put in more work than you and thus, has better stuff.

Lol at winning a roll = more work.

Jimjam
08-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Lol at winning a roll = more work.

He didn't win a roll, he formed a crew.

Solist
08-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Easily level 5 cleric with hosh stick. Loved every second of it.

Trelaboon
08-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Aazil is notorious for creating drama over anything a member of AM does. Been drinking that casual koolaid. I wouldn’t take it too seriously.

Keza
08-04-2019, 11:57 AM
EQ mechanics are mostly boring AF by current standards, but insofar as EQ goes, if you don't want to group and have an ench then the only other solo classes you could objectively define as fun is necro/bard/druid, but gear isn't massively helpful for any of them for solo leveling. I guess I'd give it to necro. You can have fun soloing pretty much the entire way and get to 60, with low levels being boring for all classes and without suffering too much for finding mobs in the higher end.

For me twinking has always been something I've tried to do to convince myself that I still enjoyed the game but was bored of my character. I've made at least 100 alts across many games and I don't know that it's ever made the game fun again. It's just something to occupy yourself with. Eventually I realized the twinking itself was more fun than playing the alt, and that's when I gave up on it. If I'm bored of the game there's thousands of others to play, and if I eventually feel like going back to it then it will be more enjoyable than forcing myself to keep playing an alt.

A question to all the people saying pure melee is the most fun. Why? You legit do nothing but occasionally click one button. I'd say it's in the running for one of the poorest and laziest designed things in video games. Ever. It takes more effort to play Pong. Which is also more entertaining. Doing nothing is categorically boring, so what do you consider fun about it? Likewise I'm also discounting dotrotting and quadding as 'fun'. It may have been fun when the game came out, but it's old now. The concept of fun in games has changed. Walking forward 20 feet and clicking one button or sitting still and rerooting/dotting doesn't stand up anymore.

I get the feeling you guys might be calling it fun for some other reason. Like you're watching twitch/pr0nhub in the background or something? Or perhaps you became so bored of the game that the act of twinking a character ended up being more fun than playing the character like I mentioned previously? Melee can be twinked much more than casters, so I can see how that might be confused as being more fun.

Halfcell
08-04-2019, 01:20 PM
EQ mechanics are mostly boring AF by current standards, but insofar as EQ goes, if you don't want to group and have an ench then the only other solo classes you could objectively define as fun is necro/bard/druid, but gear isn't massively helpful for any of them for solo leveling. I guess I'd give it to necro. You can have fun soloing pretty much the entire way and get to 60, with low levels being boring for all classes and without suffering too much for finding mobs in the higher end.

For me twinking has always been something I've tried to do to convince myself that I still enjoyed the game but was bored of my character. I've made at least 100 alts across many games and I don't know that it's ever made the game fun again. It's just something to occupy yourself with. Eventually I realized the twinking itself was more fun than playing the alt, and that's when I gave up on it. If I'm bored of the game there's thousands of others to play, and if I eventually feel like going back to it then it will be more enjoyable than forcing myself to keep playing an alt.

A question to all the people saying pure melee is the most fun. Why? You legit do nothing but occasionally click one button. I'd say it's in the running for one of the poorest and laziest designed things in video games. Ever. It takes more effort to play Pong. Which is also more entertaining. Doing nothing is categorically boring, so what do you consider fun about it? Likewise I'm also discounting dotrotting and quadding as 'fun'. It may have been fun when the game came out, but it's old now. The concept of fun in games has changed. Walking forward 20 feet and clicking one button or sitting still and rerooting/dotting doesn't stand up anymore.

I get the feeling you guys might be calling it fun for some other reason. Like you're watching twitch/pr0nhub in the background or something? Or perhaps you became so bored of the game that the act of twinking a character ended up being more fun than playing the character like I mentioned previously? Melee can be twinked much more than casters, so I can see how that might be confused as being more fun.

It sounds like you don't challenge yourself enough. Melees are much more involved if you are doing it right, pulling, tanking multiple mobs, fast pulling, killing in camps that are out of the way or higher level than normal, there are many ways to spice up gameplay.

That said, when people say having a melee twink is "fun" I suspect what they mean is that they enjoy the experience of being overpowered. In EQ starting from actual nothing you are underpowered, pretty much forever. People enjoy playing through the game in a way that makes them feel like a badass. It's the power fantasy, which is pretty much why every video game is "fun"

fortior
08-04-2019, 02:47 PM
Melees get progressively weaker as they level up compared to the mobs they fight. It's fun to counter that with overpowered gear, turning you into a buzzsaw of death instead of a wuss with 2 sharp sticks who needs a break after every kill.

Naethyn
08-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Decided to also include my Ranger Naeth. 80% Naethyn.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Naeth

I kind of went a strange route with him only using 2hs and never a 1hs for rp reasons. I wanted to mention that I really like the skyshrine armor, not only for fashion, but the raw ac it provides. I stopped twinking with a fungi a long time ago, because I found very easy. Providing melee twinks with loads of AC has been a really fun route, because normally AC doesn't provide that much benefit, but you can really see it shine at the lower levels.

Jibartik
08-05-2019, 12:58 PM
It looks like you are trying to knight this spider to become one of your acolytes.

https://i.imgur.com/kj2puaN.png

Jimjam
08-05-2019, 01:06 PM
"I doth thee Sir Leggylad!"

Jibartik
08-05-2019, 01:18 PM
lol of the relm of Crysty-Crystallineney Land

MilanderTruewield
08-07-2019, 12:46 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Widdal_Wranger

Delevelling melee chars > twinking

ama84
08-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Imagine feeling envy over pixels on a 10 year old server of a 20 year old game.

That's what I'm feeling!

Frudrura
08-14-2019, 12:34 AM
Iksar Monk. My goal was to get him all decked out at level 1, and level from there but I didn't end up doing it like that.

I got him a Fungi, some basic good kunark gear for the time, Sash of the Dragonborn so nothing too fancy for haste. I got him epic at level 20 or so if I remember right.

It was fun. It was when you could equip epic at level 1. I couldn't click the haste til 45 or whatever it is but I still had the 9/16 fist and the great stats that come from the glove slot itself.

I grouped here and there but mostly just soloed.

Dalnir was fun as hell, I was in there from 32-38 or so. Kaesora after that.

It was nice to actually be able to do that content by myself, working my way from room to room, level to level.

This was also when you could sneak to clear agro when you got up from FD if the mobs had their back turned to you. It was super easy to split things up.

Pint
08-14-2019, 01:55 PM
This has been a fun twink. He still needs some work. I should get him a couple of those chardok earings and He needs something sexier in his range slot for sure and maybe a new bracer, I lost like 40 scout rolls with this guy and gave up on that bracer.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Grasshopperr

Here is another twink I did. He has been stuck at scout roll since November though. I probably should get this guy a vindi bp? I'm loving his Vyemm sword the dps is crazy because it procs like crazy.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Teepot

Winner

Evia
08-14-2019, 02:34 PM
These alt twinks have gear better than my main I've been playing and working on for 6 years. Sucks being a casual sometimes lol.

Pint
08-15-2019, 10:20 AM
These alt twinks have gear better than my main I've been playing and working on for 6 years. Sucks being a casual sometimes lol.

Have you ever tried being a casual on a non casual guild?

Evia
08-15-2019, 01:56 PM
Have you ever tried being a casual on a non casual guild?

A few times. Both hardcore and semi hardcore guilds. The ironic thing is im really not that casual! I play alot! I'm just intimidated by the raid scene since I've never done it. I even have all the necessary clickies and a suit of MR gear and all. Ive app'd to BDA back in like 2014, Asgard around 2015, Aftermath right after Rampage woke sleeper so i can't remember the year...and maybe a few others? Never felt like I jived with any particular guild enough to actively get myself onto full member status. Everyone is so neckbeard pro they don't explain encounters and assume everyone knows what's up, and it really makes for an unfun and uncomfortable situation most of the time for me. Eq is my favorite game ever and all i want to do is experience slaying gods and dragons with some cool people but it hasn't been easy to find for me.

Fun (sad) fact: never killed a named dragon in eq!

Maybe I should continue the search for the right guild!

honeybee12874
08-15-2019, 02:50 PM
Everyone is so neckbeard pro they don't explain encounters and assume everyone knows what's up, and it really makes for an unfun and uncomfortable situation most of the time for me.

Oh jeez, I would have such a hard time with that too, especially never having played on Live. If I did join a guild and get myself into a raid, it would be completely new to me and I feel like I would need a lot of guidance lol

Also! Not to derail too much from the actual topic at hand! I guess my Druid could be considered somewhat of a twink in some ways. She's Level 52 and has her Epic, Skyshrine gear, ES Pants, DS gloves, root neck, Girdle of Rapidity and some other cool goodies (Magelo in signature) but nothing too crazy. The clickies definitely help in a lot of situations.

bradsamma
08-15-2019, 02:59 PM

Where did you solo 55+? And at what point were you able to bind to 70%

nothsa
08-15-2019, 10:42 PM
Cleric with fungi and manastone. Lots of hit items.

applesauce25r624
08-17-2019, 08:31 PM
in this thread: neckbeards that don't even earn phat pixels and whine about it a lot