PDA

View Full Version : Divine Aura aggro

pallius
08-04-2019, 07:43 PM
TLDR: At this era, casting a Divine Aura like spell should not cause a loss of aggro.

I won't say I have a perfect memory, but I want to point out a nuance of divine aura type spells that isn't classic here. Maybe I'm wrong, and I know we require official patch notes, but maybe some nerd can corroborate or track down the appropriate evidence of my claim.

Divine aura had no aggro affect, positive or negative, until this weapon was deemed OP by Sony/Verant: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12657

Paladin 40/35 that procs divine aura. It made paladins god tanks briefly because they could lock aggro and then when this procced, they would still hold aggro but be invulnerable.

I'm not crazy. I remember being on raids with Paladins tanking vindi/statue/aow and shouting a DA proc so healers could duck and reset the chain. It was practically a full time disc that made Paladins OP tanks for a while.

Sunderfury
08-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Moving to server chat as no direct evidence has been posted.

Ligma
08-04-2019, 11:42 PM
Actually DA was a complete mem blur when it faded (edit: not really a mem blur but it kept you at 1 agro). That hammer was useful for ramp tanking. You are misremembering

YendorLootmonkey
08-04-2019, 11:57 PM
Wasn't this changed on P99 because Eye of Veeshan was being tanked by a chain of clerics using DA and then sitting?

7thGate
08-05-2019, 12:27 AM
I have heard that story while doing research on how DA mechanics work here, so it wouldn't surprise me. I feel like this would be a hundred times more abusive with plentiful rechargeable DA earrings in the mix now if it worked that way.

pallius
08-05-2019, 01:35 AM
Yeah recharging in general I find to be pretty terrible, so I don't participate in it.

pallius
08-05-2019, 01:42 AM
Actually DA was a complete mem blur when it faded (edit: not really a mem blur but it kept you at 1 agro). That hammer was useful for ramp tanking. You are misremembering

Yes that is probably it.

Looks like the aggro change predated the DA hammer by 6 months. My mistake.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010627.html